A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Pretty simple really. I just want you guys to stop adding features and inconsequentials until you fix the game that is already there.
Especially for the Vita version, currently it is so riddled with problems (listed in the Vita section) that I refuse to even play it anymore.

Fix the bugs, glitches and issues then worry about improving the stuff that isn't broken.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
1) (mostly wishful thinking) Produce a cabinet kit with 2 screens and wifi for under $2000. If not, then a basic kit for less $, with monitors and console support sold separately.

2) A new menu, where you can sort the tables by alphabetical, date produced, date released on Pinball Arcade, favourites, genre, etc.

3) 2-player split screen multiplayer

4) I would really like the Table view and to turn off Family Mode, but feel that should be included in the regular version. I find the Pro version is too expensive for what I want it for.

5) Fix bugs

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
1. Time of Day/Room Lighting slider. I want to see the tables glow in the dark. At least on consoles.
2. Fix the interaction between the top peg on the slingshots and the ball. whatever is it, physics, shape of the pegs, whatever, when the ball hits the top of a slingshot bumper it is massively more likely to glance off and drain out the same side outlane than in "real" (physical) pinball machines. It is maybe the most unrealistic thing about TPA table recreations.
3. Improve texture detail. Especially the "jewels" (light inserts). They're pretty bad on BOP and Funhouse, especially, others too I'm sure, but since I'm a 360 player (until the Wii U version eventually creeps out), so I can't speak to new tables. Photo realism should be the goal, and the result here, if you truly are trying to recreate the experience, and preserve pinball.
4. Bug fixes. There is no shortage of them.
5. Table lighting. There is room for improvement here, on all platforms. Push the consoles, they can do more, and should.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
1. Nudge refinements - make the nudge region a little bigger (especially on tablets), and yes, a front nudge.

2. Acknowledge the bugs on the older tables and spend time fixing them. Black Hole is one that sticks out in my mind. Sounds seem mixed up and gameplay has gotten choppy. Others have reported it, just like the HUD disappearing text on Bride of Pinbot

3. More stable leaderboards. Took about 10 minutes today trying to load my tournament scores. Lots of errors and FCs.

4. Favorite tables filter. Either make it customizable or keep track how many times the user plays a table & sort by plays.

5. Can't think of one

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Pretty simple really. I just want you guys to stop adding features and inconsequentials until you fix the game that is already there.
Especially for the Vita version, currently it is so riddled with problems (listed in the Vita section) that I refuse to even play it anymore.

Fix the bugs, glitches and issues then worry about improving the stuff that isn't broken.

Agree 100%. Concentrate on making the tables as accurate and bug free as possible.

My list:
-Bugs fixed.
-Flipper physics overhauled.
-Lighting enhanced.
-Graphical problems/colors redone (ex/ PS3 suffers with washed out colors on several tables)
-Mechanical sounds added/enhanced.
-Simple table selection menu.

Thank you, Mr. Mann, your efforts will be appreciated.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Retrofit the original tables with the current physics configuration.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
You are a brave soul indeed, Rob. I suppose I had best get my two cents in before the Internet collapses!

• For mobile devices, some sort of way to nudge vertically and diagonally quickly and easily. Also, the option to move "extra" buttons (like Black Knight's Magna-Save button and ST:TNG's trigger button) wherever I want.
  • While I still think there must be some solution to the "Call Attendant"/stuck ball issues (see this thread for background), if we cannot get a fix for that due to technical or developer resource reasons, then could we at least have an option to gracefully end a game in progress when a game-breaking bug occurs, so that any earned scores/goals/achievements are preserved?
  • Fixes for any bugs that severely affect the play of a table, like Cirqus Voltaire's lock confusion issues, Medieval Madness's automatic use of troll bombs, and Scared Stiff's dagger-eject-to-Deadhead-lane semi-infinite loop.
  • Improvements to the flipper physics, particularly those that reduce the chance of balls ghosting through the flippers and those that enable more advanced techniques (like live catches and tap passes) to be used.
  • Improvements to physics generally, especially for the older tables that are not currently taking advantage of improvements made in the newer tables.
While I want fixed art issues and enhanced lighting/sound/features as much as the next guy, accurate and bug-free (or at least bug-minimized!) gameplay is most important to me. If that means I have to live with a not-quite-dazzling light show or a few low-res textures for a while, so be it.

N

Nik Barbour

1 - (Android) Add a nudge up option.
2 - (Android) Add customisable keyboard inputs to allow rootless controller play.
3 - (Android) Shake nudging sensitivity slider (like Zen's - this controlls how hard you have to shake the device to register a nudge)

Options 1 thru 3 to be implemented whilst keeping a touchscreen nudge option (as current).

4 - (Android) Fix Black Knight scripting inaccuracies & general issues, + make the zoomed in view on the upper play field closer and more plan (exactly as it is in WPHOF).
5 - (Android) General bug fixing in all released tables to be addressed.

On the positive - the latest table physics & tunings STTNG & AFM are awesome.
In general - still loving TPA 1year in.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I second many of the previous requests already: more realistic sounds, a truly transparent ramp in Funhouse, the forward nudge and adjustments on shake nudging, external keymapping and any potential for more dynamic lighting.

Some things I would like to see is all tables having full flipper control, like STTNG, before ball launch and the "in game" launch button not being tied to the R Flipper action. This will allow for local multi player tournaments utilizing the pro mode features, as well as remove the "nagging" user interface bugs like the selection menu on HD, or the overlooked superskill shot on AFM during the Beta run.

I'd like to add to the adjustable sensitivity for shake nudging. It can't merely be a sensitivity level that is to determine how hard you shake/nudge before it is recognized. There needs to be an actual means of accessing the "tables" tilt sensors. On some tables using shake nudge if the ball is at the top of the table it tilts far easier than if it is at the bottom, and there are times when it will tilt without ever getting a single warning, or make the nudge "noise" without having any appreciable effect. Perhaps some sort of UI, or training type system to show how you nudge, some people actually shake, some tap, some nudge. A one size fits all setting won't be effective. I don't know if I can explain this any better :-/

I totally would like to see an HD UI developed for Android devices that have an X-Large screen resolution, even if that meant having to split the Android development into 2 streams because of the UI mapping issues. The ongoing problems with the UI mapping for X-Large resolutions is becoming a bit of a lagging issue that I imagine is affecting more than just the users who are active in this community.

Can there be a single button or menu option to download all new/updated table info? Presently one has to go table by table and the only way you will know if there are any updates is by the music that is playing, or not. If there could be a single one time button that would be there when the app updated to download all the updated info in one batch, it'd probably become a favourite feature.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The lighting thing definitely seconded. On some tables it's difficult to see if a specific lamp is even lit. Like the instruments on MB.

Also, controller support for Android might actually make me consifer buying that version.

K

Korven

Android

1. Bug fixing, start with the potential gamebreaking bugs like the gum ball jam in TZ
2. Nudge up
3. Someway to merge high scores & goals across devices would be awsome
4. Proper tournament rules
5. Exit app button

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Android. A more cabinet view when in portrait, view 3 is close but could be zoomed in more so we only see the table.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I agree with a few points that Sean DonCarlos made so well so here they are again;

[*]For mobile devices, some sort of way to nudge vertically and diagonally quickly and easily. Also, the option to move "extra" buttons (like Black Knight's Magna-Save button and ST:TNG's trigger button) wherever I want.

[*]While I still think there must be some solution to the "Call Attendant"/stuck ball issues (see this thread for background), if we cannot get a fix for that due to technical or developer resource reasons, then could we at least have an option to gracefully end a game in progress when a game-breaking bug occurs, so that any earned scores/goals/achievements are preserved?

[*]Fixes for any bugs that severely affect the play of a table, like Cirqus Voltaire's lock confusion issues, Medieval Madness's automatic use of troll bombs, and Scared Stiff's dagger-eject-to-Deadhead-lane semi-infinite loop.

Plus a few of my own;

1) more camera angles or allow us to set the angle ourselves : I play in portrait on my iPad and like a fairly low angle (4) on most tables ( but FH and CFTBL lowest camera is too low even for me ) but the lowest camera on MB and NGG isn't low enough. Just let us set our own and keep everyone happy.

2) scrolling : I like to use scrolling as I like to see some detail at the top of the table, however you seem to have dropped a straightforward scrolling up the table scroll to a ' pivoting up and over the table ' scroll method which I find disorientating and is aweful to watch if you aren't the person actually playing. Also the scroll doesn't kick in early enough so often only scrolls if the ball actually makes the very top of the table.

3) Big Shot ' ball in play ' UI element halfway across the left flipper in portrait views 1 and 4? Come on! This needs no explaining.

4) Lighting : I know its a big ask but there has to be a way to improve the lighting on the ipad, at least on gen 4 ipads which have seen no benefit from the extra power it has over the 3.

5) slingshot animation : some tables have it and some don't, they should all have it.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
#1 Fix Bugs
#2 Fix Bugs
#3 Fix Bugs
#4 Fix Bugs
#5 lighting day/night modes on versions that allow (console, PC).

Playing Funhouse and Bride and they still have alpha numeric display bugs. These tables are how old? The scripting of Black Knight is bad. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Every table has glitches how do balls fly through the collision mesh on Scared Stiff I wonder.

Anyways KUDOS on fixing the through the flipper bug for good! At least, I haven't experienced that in ages and I'm very happy (or just lucky? Pretty sure it's fixed so good Jon big improvement)

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
This is for the PC version, in case it gets ever released:

1) Portrait mode. Even if not on a cab, PC screens tend to be easily pivotable and playing pinball in landscape is like fitting a cube into a round hole.
2) 2nd screen DMD support. And not only fullscreen, but freely resizeable and positionable. Now this is probably mostly for cab owners like me..
3) Led-Wiz support. Definetly for cab owners, but real solenoids hitting against the cab wall while playing TPA would just be priceless.

And as a general remark: Please, communicate more, don't put updates only on Facebook but also here and on your kickstarter page when related. The whole PC disaster would be much less frustrating if there were more frequent updates.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
1. Nudging on ios- maybe a semi transparent onscreen button that can be customized on either the left or right of screen?
2. Flipper physics- anything to help them achieve more advanced flipper skills- right now they go all the way up or all the way down, but it would be nice if when cradling you could do subtle taps.
3. Randomize ball physics/patterns- it would be nice if the ball didn't move so predictably, especially out of kickouts.
4. Add User stats and fix menu layouts- I'm not a fan of Zen pinball, but their menu's and available user stats are excellent. You guys need to make all of the users stats and menu's just as fun and well designed as the tables are. A little bit of slickness might help, rather than underwhelming us...
5. Better camera views- Two camera views I would love to see - true overhead cabinet view, and a shifting angle cabinet view to make the perspective appear more dynamic.

night

May 18, 2012
iOS.

-Graphic consistency. Many tables are without shadows, making them to look flat, hars and lifeless. Attack from Mars and FunHouse are good examples of a well done tables. Keep this consistency. All elements in life have shadows, take this away and you have no feel of depth.
-Something that bothers me from day 1; the blue planet carpet in the background, with the ugly speakers on the wall.. It conflicts with the colorfull tables. It is a graphic designers nightmare. Make the background dark, or at least bring the wooden floor from the consoles over to the iOS and Android. It will make the tables look so much better and stand-out on it's own.
-Ball stuttering issues on the iPad2 iOS6(.1) This issue has been there for months.. I hear iPad mini has the same issues. None of this was the case with iOS5.
-Better lighting system, the 'Pro-Pinball' demo and the game 'Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot' show what can be done with lighting simulation on iOS and the Android system. It CAN be done, and the examples look very good.
-Realise that people are no fools: charging money for so-called 'Pro' tables with just some little extra functions is a too obvious way for trying to get more money out of our pockets. This is not a good message to your user base, just as it is no good message to start selling table packs without the option to buy tables seperately (table pack 10 Attack from Mars/Genie). C'mon.
-Fix bugs on the older tables (and with older we are just talking about a few months old releases....)

Good luck, and lots of succes!

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Hi Rob, great to know that you are interested in the views of your user base (we forum members). Respect.

My remarks/wishlist additional to those already stated:

1. Android: would be great when the android navbar could be shifted to top of screen, accidental collisions are frequent and often at most inopportune times. even when i think my thumbs are well clear of the navbar, that wretched google now control still pops up at the most inopportune moments (perhaps my thumbs are sweatier and more conductive as tension mounts as i progressively enable more game modes?). i also seem to get a number of non-registered flips/screen presses as gameplay advances/gets more hectic. i suspect this is also cause be increased finger conductivity and keypresses being detected over a larger area that again encroaches into the navbar area (even when my thumbs really are well clear of this space!)

2. Android: a user definable nudge area that can extend way further down the screen to a user configurable 70-80 % of screen (these thumbs are of average male length and are not elasticated)

3. Android: user selection of shake to nudge or touch to nudge to be persistent across sessions. It always defaults back to touch

4. General: nudge up /table shove (already mentioned by others)

5. Interface: ability to display tables sorted by most played - least played. Or ability to group all favourites together

6. Android: Interface in Portrait mode table selection: shouldn't the selection highlight be moving to the user selection, rather than the desired table having to be moved to the selection ?
It would also be nice once the desired table is selected if you could again just press the table tile to launch (or else press on the table cabinet to the right)

7. General: relocate the onscreen launcher button (on any tables where used) (already mentioned by others)

thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
1. Revisit the old tables, adding graphical or physics enhancements where applicable.
2. NO extra balls in tournament mode.
3. An actual friends list that doesn't require Facebook.
4. Goal progression saved in the 'cloud'.
5. Revamp the sounds, particularly the pop bumpers and slings, they require a lot more treble (See VP for reference).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts