Abbreviations for Pinball Tables in The Pinball Arcade -TPA

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Howdy Forum Fans,

I've seen quite a few new members around this great forum, welcome to you all. I know when I first joined the forum, most members used abbreviations for the pinball tables available in TPA. It took me a while to associate a TPA table with the abbreviation used. I thought I would make up a list and post it to the forum. I hopes this helps anyone out there in doubt about a table abbreviation used in a forum post.

I've used all capitals in the abbreviations column for the sake of convenience. White Water and Space Shuttle are proposed abbreviations, I did not know what Centaur should be and others are taken from IPDB - internet pinball database - http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=abbrev. Of course I'm open for suggestions and changes.

Attack from MarsAFM
Big ShotBS
Black HoleBH
Black KnightBK
The Machine - Bride of PinbotBOP
Cactus CanyonCC
Centaur?
Central ParkCP
Circus VoltaireCV
Creature from the Black LagoonCFTBL
Doctor DudeDD
Elivra and the Party MonstersEATPM
FirepowerFP
FunHouseFH
GenieGenie
GorgarGorgar
Harley DavidsonHD
Medieval MadnessMM
Monster BashMB
No Good GofersNGG
PinbotPB
Ripley's Believe it or NotRBION
Scared StiffSS
Space ShuttleSSHTL
Star Trek - The Next GenerationST:TNG
Tales of the Arabian NightsTOTAN
Theartre of MagicTOM
TaxiTaxi
Twilight ZoneTZ
White WaterWH2O

I hope this helps - :D

Last edited:
N

netizen

Using a table would make it look all pretty :p

Table Name
Abbreviation
Attack From Mars
AFM
Big Shot
BS
Cactus Canyon
CC
And so on ...

Press the A/A button in the upper left corner of the editor window for a more wysiwg editor, and use the advanced editor to get tables. That table is 2 columns with a width of 300, and it is centred.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I will give it a try. I tried to import word doc, didn't work so the dashes. Thanks for the help.

edit - I was bothered by it not looking pretty when I originally posted the thread. Thanks a lot for the help :-D

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I took a quick look at the IPDB list you linked to.. the abbreviation for CSI is just C.. seriously?

Good list for TPA though.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Nice resource. Many of us (myself included) throw around the abbreviations without realizing that people new to pinball would probably be very confused.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
How about sorting the table by abbreviation rather than name? Most people would be looking it by the abbreviation trying to find out what table it is, not looking for the name trying to find the abbreviation.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
in addition to the tables (currently 28 of them on TPA) there are other things like TPA , PHOF, DMD and things like that. When i first found the forum i had to ask questions what they meant. Also because there so many tables with more coming one would / should actually print out a list of what they all mean and have it by your side when reading threads. A sticky would also be nice listing all abbreviations used here.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
good thread idea.

by the way for anyone who's wondering why White Water is WH2O and not WW, it's to differentiate it from Whirlwind :)

N

netizen

This lil gem helped me to know what acronyms were bein' thrown around.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/1168-Pinball-Abbreviation-List

in addition to the tables (currently 28 of them on TPA) there are other things like TPA , PHOF, DMD and things like that. When i first found the forum i had to ask questions what they meant. Also because there so many tables with more coming one would / should actually print out a list of what they all mean and have it by your side when reading threads. A sticky would also be nice listing all abbreviations used here.

Maybe they could also add RTFM ;-) but that wouldn't make complete sense seeing as this is a forum thread and not a manual? Hmm now would a list that included everything be of any use when the thread it is posted in has a link to a more complete list but that thread isn't even read. *head scratcher*

How will the list get read when the thread isn't? It's a conundrum, or is it a paradox, or is it a plot device for a SyFy original series? We may never know. Tune in next time for a speedy reply, or a complete change of topic.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Looks good Gord. More or less identical to what they use on Pinside.

Occasional confusion can result from false positives, but it's usually worth it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must head to BK, home of the Whopper.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, just noticed that as well and removed it from the list. I took all the abbreviations from the list Jeff posted, which was taken from Pinside.

Unfortunately I can't use & in the abbreviation, so Rocky & Bullwinkle and Dungeons and Dragons don't expand. Also, 6M$M and W?D gave it issues as well (but 6M$M is known as 6MDM everywhere else, and that's included).

If you can think of any other things that should be added, just post it here.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Actually, your forum thread was what prompted me to do the highlight-tool tip thing, so I'm glad you made it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.