Aerosmith pin announced from Stern

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Looks great. I also really like what Stern are doing with their displays. It's not multiple walls of info like WoZ or Hobbit, just super-upgraded DMD-style. Clear, big, colorful, and easy to read at-a-glance when you're playing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Totally agree about the display. Haven't seen or played one in person, but seems like the right size, and in the placement we are all used to.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm also hoping that the recent trend to custom artwork instead of photoshop junk is going to stick. The tables look so much better for it.

Now, where's my ZZ Top pin? Y'know, the one with all the Eliminator-era chrome styling blasting out "Sharp Dressed Man" and a proper version of "La Grange"?

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Looks cool so far, but are they totally done with DMD's now? I wonder how this will affect Stern PA.

So Borg designed this table. Crossing my fingers for another movie-based table by Steve Ritchie later this year.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Looks like they're done with DMDs, and I don't think this will affect SPA in the slightest, except to have to emulate the new display which should not be too hard to achieve. My understanding is that the SPIKE system is designed to plug into DMDs and the newer LCD/LED displays so in theory they could retro-fit earlier SPIKE tables with the new display, if they wanted to.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Looks like they're done with DMDs, and I don't think this will affect SPA in the slightest, except to have to emulate the new display which should not be too hard to achieve. My understanding is that the SPIKE system is designed to plug into DMDs and the newer LCD/LED displays so in theory they could retro-fit earlier SPIKE tables with the new display, if they wanted to.

and Aerosmith was "Done With Mirrors".

I know, bad pun.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
how ironic a jimi pin with purple haze as the attract theme and the "say no to drugs" thing....i also found it funny in doctor who,

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
I want a Zappa pin....but the money would go to Frank's idiot kids (Ahmet and Diva) instead of his talented kids (Dweezil and Moon)

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
I haven't cared for Aerosmith for some time, hopefully I am going soft and I don't end up hating this table because of the music.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, at least it's not some cheap photoshop. But Aerosmith....... And KISS....... And Rolling Stones.......And Elvis......... And AC/DC..... And Metallica.... Great diversity of themes. What's next? Kenny Rogers?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
well, at least it's not some cheap photoshop. But Aerosmith....... And KISS....... And Rolling Stones.......And Elvis......... And AC/DC..... And Metallica.... Great diversity of themes. What's next? Kenny Rogers?
Gotta be Dolly Parton, right?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Members online

Members online