Bug Android Version 1.17.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I don't know how old this is, but nudging TNG during a ball launch chucks the ball off the table. Something tells me that's not right. :confused:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 (mk1) rooted stock JB4.2.2

Bug Description: Playing T2 (snip)
Whilst on same ball, I tilted, but the tilt message remained on screen even after launching the 1st EB. The flippers were working in this state but with bad lag and ball went straight from launch filtered down the table but then passed clean through the upheld right flipper at its mid point.
As the 2nd EB was delivered to the launch, the tilt message disappeared, and the rest of the game played out normally.

I've had this problem before on Taxi. Nudge the table a lot to tilt while the ball is in the funnel, then keep on nudging for a while, and let the ball drain. It will let you launch the next ball with the TPA tilt message still on the screen. While the TPA tilt message is on the screen, physics go really wonky and will force the second ball to drain as well.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
My N10 can manage no mipmapping and 4x forced AA so there's surely room for higher-res assets?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
My N10 can manage no mipmapping and 4x forced AA so there's surely room for higher-res assets?

What do we want?

More Polys!

When do we want 'em?

As soon as possible, or 6-8 weeks (standard developer task estimation), or whenever you can fit it in to your crazy schedule @Ryan Routon :p

N

netizen

If there was ever a reason to include native controller support, or for me to root, I discovered it today. A Nexus 10 will output TPA @60 FPS via its HDMI port with mipmapping turned off.

My entrance to the 21st century has provided some unexpected surprises.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If there was ever a reason to include native controller support, or for me to root, I discovered it today. A Nexus 10 will output TPA @60 FPS via its HDMI port with mipmapping turned off.

My entrance to the 21st century has provided some unexpected surprises.

I'm trying to track down a SlimPort adapter for the Nexus 7 FHD to test out HDMI output as well. I'm confident this device will do it at full FPS and 1080p.

I really wish we could at least get Moga native support in the very near future. USB/BT Joy Center is screwy with the Moga Pocket at the moment, and I am having issues with mapping buttons correctly. If I could just use Pivot to control it, it would be much better.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Is that specific to the N7(2013)? I saw poke had issued a potential fix for this device last app update and figured it was probably you that was struggling.

I think this is a new issue since the last update, or after i upgraded to the latest 4.3 stock build for the tablet.

The symptoms are the triggers activate some sort of quasi mouse mode with the analog joysticks. Take a look at the video I made that demonstrates the issue quite well (linked in his support forum - which as it grows I'm beginning to really hate).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I think this is a new issue since the last update, or after i upgraded to the latest 4.3 stock build for the tablet.

The symptoms are the triggers activate some sort of quasi mouse mode with the analog joysticks. Take a look at the video I made that demonstrates the issue quite well (linked in his support forum - which as it grows I'm beginning to really hate).

Bummer - I'm sure he'll find a fix though.
Got myself a BT/CSR USB dongle the other week, so I'm Wiimote'ing again with JB. Awesome app.

N

netizen

I think that's a problem with all analogue bluetooth controllers in HID mode. I recall Ryan mentioning the same problem with his snakebite controller while working on the controller support.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
next update will have the ability to turn off Mipmapping which will fix the blurry issue

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I think that's a problem with all analogue bluetooth controllers in HID mode. I recall Ryan mentioning the same problem with his snakebite controller while working on the controller support.

Yeah exact issue, was driving me mad. Even went as far to download a few FPS games and holding down both triggers effectively kills the input when in analogue mode. I believe they are going to order me a moga so I can take a look at different hardware.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yeah exact issue, was driving me mad. Even went as far to download a few FPS games and holding down both triggers effectively kills the input when in analogue mode. I believe they are going to order me a moga so I can take a look at different hardware.

Moga Anywhere (the baby brother to the Moga Pro) is having the same issue when mapped using non-native touch screen apps like USB/BT JoyCenter Gold.

I'm having this hell now with USB/BT, and just wish for Moga API support so I don't have to frack about with touchscreen mapping tools. The Moga API support seems really great.

I'd be happy to just have in-game controls when on the table itself. The Moga API even suggests mapping modes to cater for both the Moga Anywhere and Moga Pro.

The Anywhere doesn't have two sets of shoulder buttons, only one. So there are some tricks you need to employ to get a suitable mapping scheme for both controllers.

If you want to go down this path, I can let you know the Moga Anywhere mapping I've devised that seems to be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts