Bug Android Version 1.20.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.20.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Device/OS: Samsung Galaxy S4 / Android 4.3

Bug Description: Cue Ball Wizard : Rotating canvas with the pool stick is tilt to the left

Steps To Reproduce: Start Cue Ball Wizard...observe that the rotating platform with the pool stick is tilted to the left

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: The rotating canvas should be level with the playfield

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013

Bug Description: Cue Ball Wizard : Rotating canvas with the pool stick is tilt to the left

Steps To Reproduce: Start Cue Ball Wizard...observe that the rotating platform with the pool stick is tilted to the left

same phone, same problem here!
I don't have my tablet at hand to check but I will later.

N

netizen

same phone, same problem here!
I don't have my tablet at hand to check but I will later.

Identified during beta across several devices. Ryan gave it a WTF too. Hopefully a new REZ file will be pushed mid month.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Device : Samsung s3, 4.1.2

Table: cue ball wizard

Bug description : table view is cut off too high up, you can't see the very low placed middle drain post in any view.

Steps to reproduce: -

Table: el dorado

Bug description : table view is cut off too high up in landscape view, cant see middle drain post.

Steps to reproduce : play el Dorado in landscape view

Frequency : 100 %

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Table El Dorado

Got Wizard Goal #3 w/o accomplishing it. Score 200k

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device : Samsung s3, 4.1.2

Table: cue ball wizard

Bug description : table view is cut off too high up, you can't see the very low placed middle drain post in any view.

Steps to reproduce: -

The view isn't cutting it off, In order to see it you have to be looking back towards the player. This isn't a camera angle that is physically possible while actually playing the machine.

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"

Bug Description: Tilting EDCOG when the score is over 100k, but when not on Ball 3 will end the game

Steps To Reproduce: Play EDCOG, get the score over 100k tilt on ball 1 or 2 and the game will end. You will get the final score menu instead of being able to plunge the next ball.

Frequency: 60%

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Bug Description: Tilting EDCOG when the score is over 100k, but when not on Ball 3 will end the game

Steps To Reproduce: Play EDCOG, get the score over 100k tilt on ball 1 or 2 and the game will end. You will get the final score menu instead of being able to plunge the next ball.

Can't replicate this - tried 4 straight games, all went successfully to ball 3 when tilted on ball 2.

You tried deleting the table file?

I'll try a couple more.

Edit - got it also. 1 game in 8 deliberate attempts though. Tough to reproduce.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Can't replicate this - tried 4 straight games, all went successfully to ball 3 when tilted on ball 2.

You tried deleting the table file?

I'll try a couple more.

Edit - got it also. 1 game in 8 deliberate attempts though. Tough to reproduce.

I think I figured this one out after also making myself nuts trying to do it deliberately. There is a delay of roughly 1 something seconds after the final nudge and the TILT message (almost enough time to tilt and the ball to drain from the top of the playfield), coupled with what looks like the emulation changing the ball number over before the bonus has been totalled at the end of the ball. This leaves a gap of time for the player to fumble, tilt and the ball to be registered as sunk all before the game registers the TILT, yet enough time for the emulation to switch to the next ball, in my playing experience usually from ball2 to 3, which makes all the difference in timing between losing your bonus and losing your game.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bug - table downloads coming in at 0.0kb

Having to do a full TPA reinstall on stock KK4.4 rooted.
Trying to download table files results in random downloads crashing.
This leaves a record in table manager of "table name 0.0kb" which if you don't delete, continuously crashes the app on table start.

Saw this reported by another - I've had to give up for now.
This must be off putting for new customers, especially those not knowing about table manager.
They would just think - broken app.

My wifi connection is strong, and I can download data for numerous other apps. Only TPA table data is causing a problem.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Table TOTAN: When rescueing the princess in TOTAN on Steam I noticed that I had to use the plunger to start new balls during multiball. On Android this second part of the mode autoplays until success if you just flail the flippers. I assume tha FS knows this.

Table El Dorado: Starting quickly can lead to an instant multiball with all 3 balls in play.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Table TOTAN: When rescueing the princess in TOTAN on Steam I noticed that I had to use the plunger to start new balls during multiball. On Android this second part of the mode autoplays until success if you just flail the flippers. I assume tha FS knows this.
This is a design decision made before TPA supported special buttons for the plunger/launcher. The mobile versions of TOTAN auto-launch balls during Genie Battle; the PS3/360/PC versions require you to launch your own. Presumably the mobile versions could now be changed to match the others, but I don't know that it would be a high priority item for FarSight given everything else going on.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Device/OS: Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 4.2

Bug Description: Poor data connection causes application hangs

Steps To Reproduce: Go to a place where cell reception is very spotty, so that you can only get intermittent EDGE data, and wifi is not available. Start playing TPA (any table). The application will eventually freeze. Sometimes it eventually recovers if you exit and re-enter (maybe with anomalies), sometimes not.

Frequency: Maybe 30% per game; play several games and you will see it

Additional Comments: disabling the data connection entirely seems to be a workaround

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Bug Description: Poor data connection causes application hangs
It sometimes goes into a kind of table exploration mode when I have net problems.
Similar: When looking for the leaderboards there was often a message box that said "network connection problem". This box has disappeared and now it says "Lädt"(loading). Using the back button and trying again almost always helps.

Poor new(!) german translation for "tables" in the main menu - "Tabellen". Should be "Tische".

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This still happening? Your CDN node must be corrupted, nothing to do with the app, but I can purge if its still a problem.

Bug - table downloads coming in at 0.0kb

Having to do a full TPA reinstall on stock JB4.4 rooted.
Trying to download table files results in random downloads crashing.
This leaves a record in table manager of "table name 0.0kb" which if you don't delete, continuously crashes the app on table start.

Saw this reported by another - I've had to give up for now.
This must be off putting for new customers, especially those not knowing about table manager.
They would just think - broken app.

My wifi connection is strong, and I can download data for numerous other apps. Only TPA table data is causing a problem.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This still happening? Your CDN node must be corrupted, nothing to do with the app, but I can purge if its still a problem.

Eventually after many attempts I managed to download the full set of tables after having been forced to wipe my N7 after a soft bricked bootloader.

Some tables downloaded first attempt, others took anything up to 10 attempts. As mentioned - failed attempts resulted in a table file of 0kb. If this file wasn't deleted using file manager, clicking the same file would result in an app crash instead of a re-download.

I remember seeing other posts with the same behaviour reported recently - and was worried this could be happening to new customers, potentially putting them off thinking the app was broken.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Eventually after many attempts I managed to download the full set of tables after having been forced to wipe my N7 after a soft bricked bootloader.

Some tables downloaded first attempt, others took anything up to 10 attempts. As mentioned - failed attempts resulted in a table file of 0kb. If this file wasn't deleted using file manager, clicking the same file would result in an app crash instead of a re-download.

I remember seeing other posts with the same behaviour reported recently - and was worried this could be happening to new customers, potentially putting them off thinking the app was broken.

Nexus7 (2013 model) Android 4.4
El Dorado refuses to install.

I noticed this during beta. It must have been model specific to the 2nd Gen Nexus 7...

Deleting the table file (208bytes) in the TPA app folder allowed me to finally download and install the table! (cheers, Baron!)

This behavior did not occur on my Galaxy Note 2

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Nexus7 (2013 model) Android 4.4
El Dorado refuses to install.

I noticed this during beta. It must have been model specific to the 2nd Gen Nexus 7...

Deleting the table file (208bytes) in the TPA app folder allowed me to finally download and install the table! (cheers, Baron!)

This behavior did not occur on my Galaxy Note 2

I knew I'd read this, but couldn't find your other post.
Nice one Timmy - Glad to hear your running again.

Is anyone else having the problem? (Table download crashes, then Re-start of table doesn't initiative re-download but causes the TPA app to crash - only fix is to delete the incorrect small (0kb or <250kb file) using the table manager before the correct file can be downloaded.)
This can occur with any table file, and is so far reported on...
N7-2012,
N7-2013,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.