Bug Android Version 1.5.0 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
it is possible yes, but since that ramp is so huge and we already have a huge transparent plane at the top the overdraw is horrendous and even my good devices were suffering.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Note also that ios users are getting the same opaque ramps so its a global issue unfortunately.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So this is definitely an edge-case, but while Ryan was updating the table files I tried to download the tables.

When you try and do that, this is what happens. Thought you might get some mirth out of it:

This is what happened after downloading NGG without table files backing it up :D

ROLLLLIINNNNG STAAARRRRTTTT

Screenshot_2012-09-28-06-57-12.png

That is a SUPER wide body version of NGG :p

Screenshot_2012-09-28-07-03-11.png

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Funhouse dmd is behaving strangely, if you get a message like extra ball is lit, sometimes the top row will be blank, as in the top row should display extra ball on its own(blank) and bottom row should display is lit on its own(works).

ripleys has the right slingshot animating incorrectly, the rubber band in the middle is at the bottom.

Thats all ive found so far, the new tables are excellent :)

That issue also happens on other alpha-numeric displays. I observed that in the Taxi/HD DLC last month. I think it was to do with Ryan's tweaks to Alpha/Numeric display rendering.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Had a quick play at dinner and had same faults as mentioned above, (Scripted tables not working / multiple balls delivered to plunger in NGG / ball kickout stuttering many times in E&TPM).
Only thing I noticed not mentioned is... camera views seem tighter on the 2 new tables, than the previous tables. I normally play portrait view 1 roaming for all tables other than BH (all camera angles seem too high on this table, I play it in 4 but still not low enough) However view 1 crops off the outlanes on the new tables and I have switched to view 2 to get them back.

Not trying to blow smoke up your a$$ - but nice job on general performance. E&TPM being non-dmd, emulated rom, it plays as smooth as silk on my old single core phone, and you've successfully improved (in prior versions) the performance of the other similar performance demanding tables like BOP, FH, & Taxi. These tables used to be laggy and almost unplayable, and if you'd said "you need Tegra 3!" I wouldn't have been disappointed.
But you have them all working lag free now on the same device - just wanted to say Thanks! Its much appreciated! This generally being my favourite era for tables, and despite having an xbox now, I still get most of my game time through Android (until I win the lottery and pack in work - just think, I could build my own real life pinball arcade, collection of classic cars, houses in Italy...........if only - This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!).

It's funny you mention the camera angles. I've only since started to play in Landscape orientation, because I have the required equipment to connect the TF300T to my widescreen 22" monitor ;)

I thought the same about the tightness of the multiball cameras on the tables. So much so that I'm taking screen-shots of multiball play to see if it is purely an optical illusion. I feel that some multiball cameras go right down to playfield level (behind the flippers) whereas some are higher. There seems to be tweaking on all tables for the angles.

I can understand this if there are playfield toys that would obscure a default camera view, but the irregularity between tables did spark my interest.

I'll post the pics when I compile them all for all tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Also notice the apk size Nik ;) made an executive decision and just ripped the tables out, its no big deal i think and there were others emailing us about this, i would hate for those that did not email us to miss out on the app (for every one email im sure there are dozens of those that do not bother and just move along)

Red_Chaos1

Sep 28, 2012
Had some funny business with FH. Twice in a row I managed Rudy Gulps that then became Rudy's Hideout. Instead of the ball getting spit out it magically teleported to the Hideout kicker and scored that as well. Play resumed as normal following each of those, and successive Rudy Gulps performed as expected. I've also had issue where hitting the orbit from the left has the ball magically end up on the Steps rails instead of following to the pop bumpers as normal. This is a randomly occurring thing and has been happening since FH was added to the lineup.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
hmm it is possible that it is a lag spike interfering with the framerate and thus physics. Is it pretty smooth or jerky gameplay? You do have the latest update right? (at least 1.6.0 had the FH performance fix)

Red_Chaos1

Sep 28, 2012
Well, to be fair this was today before updating to 1.6.0 and getting the Elvira and NGG tables. FH has been smooth since the previous update.

Edit: I just gave it another play, this time a Rudy Gulp turned into first ball locked. I actually saw the ball "travel" from behind Rudy's head across the table into that center lane to become a lock with the time being 11:45. Gameplay was perfectly smooth, no visible lag or delay.

Last edited:

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks Ryan for the update on FunHouse, The Machine, and Taxi. The ball rolls smooth! Although I will say I had the same thing happen with the ball flying through Rudy's mouth on FunHouse, and I also noticed on Taxi when there are alot of lights on the playfield on or flashing, the ball sometimes flashes.....kinda disappears in a sense. Maybe it was a one time thing and I will play it some more. Just to let ya know, when the flippers on Medieval Madness get fixed, along with the artwork on Cirqus Volaire gets updated, and the speech and some sounds on Gorgar doesn't disappear, my life will be complete! :) Keep up the great work and I am having a blast playing Elvira and Gofers......I can't believe I have SIXTEEN PINBALL MACHINES IN MY PHONE!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Now if only we had those in our garage eh? :D

I know, right?! I am waiting for the first person to complain about having to scroll through 16+ machines to get to the table I want. Lol! That is the best "pinball problem" to have! I love scrolling through the machines in The Pinball Arcade collection....kinda like lining up my Star Wars figures and Hot Wheels cars from back in the 70's/80's. I am old but very much a kid at heart! Lol

N

Nik Barbour

Also notice the apk size Nik ;) made an executive decision and just ripped the tables out, its no big deal i think and there were others emailing us about this, i would hate for those that did not email us to miss out on the app (for every one email im sure there are dozens of those that do not bother and just move along)

Thanks Ryan! I can't think of any problems it would cause, someone new would pick the free table, and it will just go to download screen.
I like the executive decision, I find they are more dramatic with right music (military themed maybe) and you're sat behind a big ornate desk. Then you have to slam your fist down and shout, "Rip that sucker out of there dammit!" and just hope someone was actually paying attention. :)
Loving the new tables ;-) (can't do the posh smiley face on my phone) Thanks again!

@Jared - be interesting to see your results.

@Russell - I've already seen people complaining about the scroll through (they want something zen like with little icons). I love flicking through the tables choosing which I want to play and adding more just makes it better! Can't believe some people hey.
(Just gave my 3yr old, all my old hot wheels couple of months back - don't know whose enjoying playing with them the most. Like being a kid again!)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Why is the lead time on the BETA only a day? Surely that's not enough time to address the bugs that are found.

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Elvira on Asus Transformer (original one)

Just installed this and There are a few transparency/texture issue with Elvira on my old Asus Transformer.

One thing that looks like a pop bumber top right is all red and white stripy/grid patterened. The left ramp that is a yellow has a tendancy of going black as the camera pans over it. Likewise other ramps on the table.

Other tables also have transparency/texture issues.. like the back-glass in Circus Voltair.

I doubt much effort will go into resolving these as its such an old device and OS now.. but just thought i would mention it.

I have no idea how to take screenshots on this thing but if anyone is curious I could take a photo with my camera :)

PS A few transparency/texture issues have not stopped me enjoying all of the tables you guys have made so far.

ok it looks like (due to time) this is the release candidate, feel free to list bugs found however since they will be added to the list for the near future

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity_5.apk

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Wolis, go into settings, asus quick settings (or somesuch) and enable recent app key to take screenshot.

Then when in the game, hold the recent apps key and it'll save a screenshot to your gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online