Bug Android Version 1.7.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I'm getting multiball on TZ after only 1 locked ball and the left loop when it should be 2 locks and then the left loop.

Also why is the clock multicolored? The table I play on has a white one.

The clock was only white on the first 3000 or so produced. After that it was the multicolored clock.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm getting multiball on TZ after only 1 locked ball and the left loop when it should be 2 locks and then the left loop.

Also why is the clock multicolored? The table I play on has a white one.
This is standard behavior for TZ. The first multiball allows you to only lock one ball and then shoot the left ramp to start it, however your jackpot will start at only 15M if you only lock one ball. Locking the optional second ball raises the starting value to the standard 40M.

The multicolored clock is the standard for most TZs. The white clock is from the early production run; it was later changed because the table art team was dissatisfied with the plainness of the all-white clock.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
for the hall of fame bug, where are you guys crashing? I am not seeing this. Also, fixed the pro buttons missing, and bigshot hud will turn off now, still working on resizing but at least you can turn it off now.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Piano jackpot with 3 balls is 55 million isn't it?
Nope. The rules for jackpot scoring are complex:

• Base jackpot starts at 15M if only one ball is locked - normally possible only with the first multiball - and at 40M if two balls are locked.
  • Each hit to a Greed target increases the base jackpot value by 5M, up to a maximum of 255M.
  • Collecting a jackpot resets the jackpot value to its base value and adds 10M to the base value. The "add 10M" part can only happen 5 times, so the maximum base value is either 65M or 90M depending on how many balls were locked at the start.
  • Collecting the jackpot with the Powerball doubles it, up to a maximum of 510M. However, the DMD code has a bug where the score is displayed mod 256, so 260M would display as "4M", 400M would display as "144M", etc. The correct value is added to the player's score despite the display error.
  • If no jackpots are scored in a multiball round and the player successfully restarts it by shooting the Lock in the time limit, the base value becomes 15M if it was 40M before.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
for the hall of fame bug, where are you guys crashing? I am not seeing this. Also, fixed the pro buttons missing, and bigshot hud will turn off now, still working on resizing but at least you can turn it off now.

Game ends, Score Menu pops up with Hall of Fame and Continue buttons. Press Continue, everything works as intended. Press Hall of Fame, game crashes. Happens every time.

I should mention That I downloaded the beta .apk from this thread and installed it over my original, retail installation. Not sure if that would change the way the game behaves in this case. Though I haven't tried it for every single table, this has happened on all the ones I've tried so far. Also, I'm on Android 4.2 now.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
On TZ does the actual machine have a timer at all for the ball to be saved?
Not by default. One can be enabled in the operator's menu, but it only works for the very first ball each game.

There is a "hidden" ball saver at the start of Powerball Mania, but not for the other multiballs.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Thrilled to play twilight zone!!!

A few things...(playing on a nexus 7)

1. Does anybody else find that the camera only registers about half the time? I know sometimes it is difficult to tell whether the ball went into the camera or toward town square below it, but it is ejecting out the slot machine, so I know it is at least going into the camera. :)
2. The jackpot sound effect is a little clipped - the " whoops" aren't quite complete. I really miss terrifying everybody else in the arcade when hitting a jackpot on this machine. :)
3. Is the powerball going to be faster on future releases?

I got Lost in the Zone... so feeling pretty good about that. :) Awesome job FarSight for bringing this table to life!

Eckless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Not by default. One can be enabled in the operator's menu, but it only works for the very first ball each game.

There is a "hidden" ball saver at the start of Powerball Mania, but not for the other multiballs.

Thank you for the information. That is good to know.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
On TZ does the actual machine have a timer at all for the ball to be saved?

This post outlines the Ball save feature on v9.x ROMs and later:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-ball-save-feature

So it is possible, and can be activated for an arbitrary amount of time for multiple balls.

The caveat is that Farsight may not have been able to activate this mode due to the Bally approval process (I'm assuming that is why it wasn't activated). A Farsight response on this would be welcome.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This post outlines the Ball save feature on v9.x ROMs and later:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-ball-save-feature

So it is possible, and can be activated for an arbitrary amount of time for multiple balls.
I keep forgetting they eventually fixed that.

The V9.x ROMs change a lot of things. Among other things, V9.4H ROMs can be set to allow practice rounds of Lost in the Zone, and it even has a "pause" feature (complete with auto-held flippers).

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
I don't know TZ well enough to know if this is a bug or not, but I am inadvertently trapping the ball behind the top right flipper once or twice a game.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Shot the ball to the gumball lock. Camera shifted to the machine, showed the ball deposit, and the camera did not switch back out to the playfield until the ball drained.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't know TZ well enough to know if this is a bug or not, but I am inadvertently trapping the ball behind the top right flipper once or twice a game.

You can do it, but I've only had it happen once or twice on a real table. The ball will generally be trapped between the thin edge of the flipper, and the mini-post protecting the metal wall just below the tip of the top right flipper.

On the few plays I've had of the Beta, I've only ever had the ball glitch through the flipper if this ever happened.

N

Nik Barbour

Yeah - quite a few games this has happened.

N

Nik Barbour

fixed the pro buttons missing, and bigshot hud will turn off now, still working on resizing but at least you can turn it off now.

Thanks Ryan!

Additionally - TZ landscape plunger cam 2 is too far away with plunge scale illegible.

a2a3adeh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts