Bug Android Version 1.7.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

Arggghhhh - TZ - just had 600mill on ball 1, dinner time ended, had to let them all drain and go back to work! :mad:

Is anyone else having trouble distinguishing lit and non-lit outer perimeter door panels (flashing ones I can see), or is it just my device screen is too small.

Would be good if it was more obvious which door panels are lit Ryan, if it's possible.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
[SUB][/SUB]
Thanks Ryan!

Additionally - TZ landscape plunger cam 2 is too far away with plunge scale illegible.

a2a3adeh.jpg
Using your same picture. Why is that gap there at the bottom of the table? You can even see the plunger. Quite a few tables have similar problems like FunHouse which has the opposite and it cuts off the bottom of the table.
I don't get why if you measure all these table bits why does there seem to be issues with stuff lining up often.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
HOF BUG (TZ). I can confirm (or 2nd or 3rd) but with a Toshiba Thrive (Android 4.04) on a clean installation of the beta and a restart of the device with the purchased TZ prior to playing a table, that after a complete game, match sequence, and high score initials being entered, but before returning back to the game menu, if I select the HOF button the application momentarily pauses (Black-Screen-of-Boo-Hoo) and then crashes back to the device display. Every time. No errors are displayed. It's a clean kill that completely closes the app.

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
In TZ, the Gumball Machine has no glass/plastic dome graphic surrounding it. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. (Actually it is there, its just faded, you can barely see it)

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I would post this in the general table forum as this is global (and i have no idea ;) )

This post outlines the Ball save feature on v9.x ROMs and later:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-ball-save-feature

So it is possible, and can be activated for an arbitrary amount of time for multiple balls.

The caveat is that Farsight may not have been able to activate this mode due to the Bally approval process (I'm assuming that is why it wasn't activated). A Farsight response on this would be welcome.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Arggghhhh - TZ - just had 600mill on ball 1, dinner time ended, had to let them all drain and go back to work! :mad:

Is anyone else having trouble distinguishing lit and non-lit outer perimeter door panels (flashing ones I can see), or is it just my device screen is too small.

Would be good if it was more obvious which door panels are lit Ryan, if it's possible.

I don't know if other Transformer or Tegra 2/3 users have observed this, but the clarity we saw when Ryan implemented Anisotropic scaling on BoP seems to be lost on some of the later tables. For example, when you are viewing NGG from view 2 in Landscape mode, most of the lettering on the playfield wheel is obscured or illegible.

Likewise on TZ, with the upper lights such as Lock and Extra Ball are barely visible when lit.

I know these lights and objects might *just* be out of the range of the first anisotropic pass (in the case of NGG, the wheel is half illegible sometimes), but if this can be re-tuned to make the distant objects clearer it would be really useful.

If I was new to the table, the only way I would be able to see what the playfield decorations were would be to enter into the tutorial mode and find a view that highlighted the table decorations closely. Or, of course, pony up $4 and purchase Pro Mode.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I would put this in the general forum too as this is for Jason

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We aren't seeing this, can you provide more information? Is it reproducible? what camera were you in etc.

Shot the ball to the gumball lock. Camera shifted to the machine, showed the ball deposit, and the camera did not switch back out to the playfield until the ball drained.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
update on the entitlement part of the process, apparently there are like 1300 people that needs to be added and they are currently working on it, but no idea when they will finish.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
We aren't seeing this, can you provide more information? Is it reproducible? what camera were you in etc.

This was camera angle 2. And I haven't been able to reproduce it, either. I've put in a lot of time since, and the gumball has been working properly. I can't get tournament to work, and like another user, I did crash when I selected Hall of Fame from the final score screen.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
[Twilight Zone Beta] Skill shot zoom inconsistency

Problem

Sometimes when you plunge the ball, the camera doesn't zoom into the skill shot zone.

Device

ASUS TF300T

Reproducable

60%

Steps to reproduce

1. Soft plunge the ball so it doesn't clear the gate.
  2. Plunge the ball harder, so it clears the non-return gate and enters the skill shot zone
  3. Observe behavior.

Actual Behavior

If you soft plunge without clearing the non-return gate, the zoom in happens once. Subsequent attempts at the skill shot do not cause the camera to zoom.

Expected Behavior

The camera zooms regardless of how many times you unsuccessfully/successfully plunge the ball into play.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Just got a Black Hole bug on my Nexus. Third ball of my game, in the lower play field. I shot the ball towards the center bumper, and suddenly, the ball popped up to the main play field. Camera was still focused on the lower. Ball drained, and the end of game process was normal, other than the lower play field 'whoosh' sound still playing.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
TOURNAMENT.

ISSUE: Tournament leader boards take over all leader boards after once having been checked. Only way out is to kill the application and restart.

REPRODUCIBLE: YES

PROCESS:

1. KILL APP AND RESTART

2. TABLE SELECTION MENU - SELECT LEADER BOARDS (BUTTON)

3. SCORES LOAD

4. SELECT TOURNAMENT BUTTON

5. TOURNAMENT POINTS LOAD

6. SELECT BACK

7. SELECT BACK

8. TABLE SELECTION MENU LOADS

9. SELECT LEADER BOARDS

10. SCORES DO NOT LOAD -TOURNAMENT POINTS ARE PERSISTENT

You can change tables, play another table, etc and the main menu leader boards will continue to show tourney points where they should be displaying the high score leader boards.

Only way out is to close TPA and then KILL the application. A force close is not required but it has to be removed from running apps before a re-launch will restore expected behavior.

This was on a clean installation of the beta to include re-downloading all tables and I made no attempt to save my previous high scores.

Toshiba Thrive (32 MB) AT105, TEGRA 2
ICS 4.04

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
i can confirm the hof crash and the leaderboard issue, getting that fixed right now. Also, some of the rare bugs (like the blackhole) if you can't reproduce it please say so.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey Pop, was this when the tournament was over screen? Or was it still active. I think its a special case for that state.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Hey Pop, was this when the tournament was over screen? Or was it still active. I think its a special case for that state.

Tournament was closed. I never participated in it.

If you're asking if I was still in the tournament menu, no, had backed out completely to the table menu, even played another table; returning to the main table menu - checked leader boards and same-same - still showing tourney points from the main menu where I'd expect to see scores ... and do see scores if I kill the app and check again before selecting the tournament button.

I guess to clarify a bit more ... selecting the leader boards from the main menu normally allows you to scroll through the scores of each table with the left to right arrows, but after selecting the tournament button and backing out, the leader board dialog is replaced solely with the tournament points dialog - just as if I had viewed it from the tournaments button rather than the outside leader board button -- the main problem being is the view from the leader boards is fixed on the tournament points dialog -- there is no ability to scroll off of it, left or right, to get to table scores.

Hope that is helpful.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
that is thanks, yeah something is getting lost state wise. Trying to fix as many of these as possible today, thanksgiving is coming up and im taking 4 days off to visit family etc so I appreciate the quick feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts