Another eternity until DLC 1 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
They've been out on phones for a while already.
Therefor they don't care for consoles? I don't see your point.

You realise 360 is their lead platform? And phones are stripped down ports (very good ports mind you, but still stripped down due to graphical incapabilities like dynamic lighting and the swapping CV colours) from that lead version?

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
They've been out on phones for a while already.

The reason why they've been out on mobile devices for a while is that Apple and Google don't make game developers jump through hoops and wait over a month to find out if their submission passed certification or not. This month long certification process hurts small independent developers cause they're the one's that have to wait while AAA Developers have their games/DLC take priority over everything else.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
This is something I didn´t consider when I had to choose between a PS3 or a 360 just a day ago. I ended up ordering a 360 because it was cheaper and had some
console exclusive that interested me more (Forza 3, Akai Katana and Radiant Silvergun on XBLA), but I really hope this situation will be sorted out. Thankfully I also ordered Williams Pinball Classics, so I´m busy with Gofers, Whirlwind etc for a while, but I really hope I won´t regret picking the 360 over the PS3...

i bought an xbox360 when street fighter 4 came out, becouse it was the cheapest option to play sf4 at the time and becouse xbox has better online... now ps3 indeed does have free online multiplyer, but it is not comparable to the smoothness of xbla multi... for example when street fighter 3: third strike online came out, a buddy with a ps3 just couldn't get any nonlaggy connections except with people here (we are both in slovenia), but i had absolutely NO problems playing teh same game with another buddy from scotland (!)...

besides xbla games is what really makes my xbox experience... there is just a ton of really great (exclusive) games, especialy japanese ones (weird for an american console right?)... the so called aaa onse are basicaly teh same on all platforms...

btw, i prefer ikaruga to silvergun (have em both though ;) )

hm, kind of a long off topic post, this turned out to be :eek:

p.s.

and the xbox controller? its miles ahead from the ps one... (for fighting games, shootemups and other oldschool stuff i use my custom self made seimitsu/sanwa arcade stick)

Last edited:

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
The big news is that it looks like 360 will be getting DLC #3 slightly before the PS3, in mid July at the same time the first two are released. Which is gonna suck. All 3 packs at the same time. Instead of spacing them out evenly each month, which was the promised experience that got me so pumped for this game in the first place.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Yeah... I'd like to see what would happen if FS told all those waiting for months, that the release dates for Xbox will stay behind all other platforms forever o_O
Sheesh, noone keeps you from not downloading all 3 DLC packs at once. Why so negative?

F

Franky

what bothers me most is that farside always blames others for their failures - ... microsoft is the one to blame, now sony is the one to blame - always the others. there are 48 zillion games, title updates, dlcs, ..... out there with no problems. Other companies with REALLY big games have no problems at all - and farside is not able to deliver a little simple pinball game on time and instead blaming all the big bad companies who in the meantime have delivered an infinite amount of content without problems.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You answered your own complaint. Companies with really big games get special treatment, over small companies with small games.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Do you know of any other smallish game developer who even dares to try to bring monthly content to that many platforms?

Do they really blame others? To me it sounds more like FS tries to explain what has happened so that their customers (who have been waiting for quite some time, I'll give you that) know what's going on.

Instead of being cranky on every occasion why not try to stay calm, wait until the start-up problems are sorted out and give FS some kudos for what they have accomplished by now.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
To embed a video just click on the filmstrip icon (second from the right) and paste in the regular YouTube URL. I fixed the one above for you.

F

Franky

Companies with really big games get special treatment, over small companies with small games.

come on, don't be ridiculous - farsight is around for more than 20 years, this isn't their first game.

...wait...

that's a good one

give FS some kudos for what they have accomplished by now.

and that is?

Do they really blame others? To me it sounds more like FS tries to explain

yes they do - first it was microsoft and now it is sony. but wait, maybe you're right, maybe it's really not their fault because this is their first bugfixing. they have no experience with titleupdates, their slogan always was: "an update is not needed as long as you can start the game." But now as they need our money, unfortunately titleupdates are necessary - bad luck.

in the latest interview he's talking about how many million games they've sold so far - millions of that, millions of this ... - so where is the money than? they can not even effort a lousy pinball license after being more than 20 years in business? what the hell? It took 10 years and apple was up and running.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
come on, don't be ridiculous - farsight is around for more than 20 years, this isn't their first game.
Wait, those were your own words I used.
Other companies with REALLY big games have no problems at all - and farside is not able to deliver a little simple pinball game

Anyway, I'm done arguing, there is no point cause everything is black or white, no nuance at all and you will whine and complain untill the dlc will come and you'll dissapear from the forums.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
and that is?

Um... quite a lot of fun brought to a lot of people by giving them the best pinball game there is apart from a real table?

Why not spend some less time complaining and spend more time playing TPA? Even without any DLC and even if stuff like the MM flipper gap keeps you from enjoying that table there are at least two tables that actually are a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Divide the money you spent by the number of tables you have (or by the hours of time you (should) have spent playing the game) and compare it to the price you pay to go see a movie... See?

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I think the problem is that Farsight tends to say a little too much. You don't see anyone else announcing that their software is going in for approval with the console companies. They make their DLC, they submit and get it approved and they don't announce a release date until after it's been approved. Some companies have their stuff approved weeks or MONTHS in advance of a release date. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 spent a YEAR on PartnerNet, fully developed, before they released it.

One of the problems is that Farsight is making some buggy crap. The cellphone platforms are plagued with all sorts of issues and that Mac port? It's like someone ACCIDENTLY released that when no one was looking. These are things that Microsoft and Sony won't put up with. They don't like their software having weekly patches just to keep the software servicable. This is why their approval methods are harder to get through.

No, what Farsight needs to do is shut up at the RIGHT TIMES. Instead they give far too much information when it's too early, then when they screw something up they stop talking about it. They should announce what tables they are making, make them, get them approved, and THEN announce their release.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
They problem with your theory is, is that they made promises of monthly DLC. If they cant meet that while it is released on other platforms, you can't shut up about it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
To prevent disappointment and anger, they said mid-July, which is the 15th or later, so next Tuesday, and the Tuesday after that, when we don't get it, don't complain. If it's after the 21st and we still don't have anything, *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts