Another eternity until DLC 1 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
FarSight...since we now have 3 DLCs going simultaneously, does that mean you've had enough time to complete the advanced lighting package on the core tables for the 360 and that it will be included in this update? I know originally it was supposed to be done in stages, but that was before all the delays happened.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The blown out lighting has been fixed. The tech used is different (DirectX vs SPU Effects). I'm not sure if we plan to redo the post processing, the lighting looks really good on the next release. Once it's out, let us know what you think.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The blown out lighting has been fixed. The tech used is different (DirectX vs SPU Effects). I'm not sure if we plan to redo the post processing, the lighting looks really good on the next release. Once it's out, let us know what you think.

As long as the lighting on the Xbox 360 core tables is on par with the lighting in the Funhouse gameplay video you guys released, I'll be happy.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
As long as the lighting on the Xbox 360 core tables is on par with the lighting in the Funhouse gameplay video you guys released, I'll be happy.

I think you will be happy.

It's way improved. On Theater for example you can read the 8 illusion lamps when they are lit.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I think you will be happy.

It's way improved. On Theater for example you can read the 8 illusion lamps when they are lit.

I'm glad the blown out lighting has been fixed. Were any of the glow effects present in the Funhouse gameplay video implemented on the core tables?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
My mistake...instead of glow effects, I meant to ask if any of the nice lighting you can see through the transparent ramps on the Funhouse gameplay video was implemented on the core tables that have transparent ramps.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I don't remember off the top of my head all the improvements the artists have done.

I've also been working on some other tech, but I don't want to give out any details till we have it working in game.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I don't remember off the top of my head all the improvements the artists have done.

I've also been working on some other tech, but I don't want to give out any details till we have it working in game.

Thanks for the info Mike...I hope we get to see what you're working on sooner rather than later. :)

F

Franky

what about the bug in rbion that makes it unplayable?

Last edited:
F

Franky

the-missing-ball-bug - where the game tries to find a ball although there is no ball - only solution is to quit the running game. And it happens almost every third game. And once you've quit a one hour game 3 or 4 times you consider this bug as a "makes-it-unplayable-bug".

Do you actually read the threads?
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/807-Several-Ripley-s-Believe-It-or-Not-Bugs

since we're all beta testers it would be a good idea to list all the bugs we found in a special thread - two advantages - first, farsight gets an overlook on what to do, second - we can clearly see what is fixed and what still exists. Now the bugs are spread all over the board. You know what i mean? A Bug List so to say, for a better overview - unfixed bugs in red - fixed ones in green.
would make life much easier.

Last edited:

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
This is why I stopped gaming on my 360, greedy and selfish M$, everything they do is about money, I do understand they are a business, but come on. At least Apple approves the packs fairly quick.

F

Franky

@ BlindSpider11
yes right, but the sloppy work and all the bugs are farsights fault - very bad craftsmanship - it's like ordering a cupboard from a carpenter and get one with gaps, an uneven surface and glue residues all over the place. No one would tolerate such a cupboard - and NO real carpenter (in the whole wide world) would deliver such a cupboard. But when it comes to farsight, they don't care about bugs or craftsmanship at all - no need for testing, just get the s*it out. And even worse - when the fix one problem - two new problems show up (tables get darker, new other bugs, ...). Is it really that hard to read what we, the beta testers wrote and then fix just these points and leave the rest untouched?

I really wish that a big company came up with the same idea and do it right, they would have the craftsmanship and the money to deliver every table in high-res, no bugs, they can get every license easily - this would be a dream come true - and farsight will remain with their unfinished amateur tables. i would lmao. I actually send this idea already to some bigger companies - i really hope they will do it.

And one more thing - Farsight will NEVER EVER, i promise you this here and now, NEVER EVER deliver a proper cabinet mode - NEVER EVER, not now and not in the future - they are way to weak to do this.

@ PiN WiZ
it's not your fault - fanboys can't see bugs

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2012
Hi Everyone,

i came here to complain about the delays since i don't have a facebook account and unfortunately i've to agree and understand the anger that is going on.

very bad craftsmanship - it's like ordering a cupboard from a carpenter and get one with gaps, an uneven surface and glue residues all over the place. No one would tolerate such a cupboard - and NO real carpenter (in the whole wide world) would deliver such a cupboard. But when it comes to farsight, they don't care about bugs or craftsmanship at all - no need for testing, just get the s*it out.

That's exactly what it is. Bravo

F

Franky

@PiN WiZ

get over it - the truth sometimes hurts

@ Danielito

sorry pal, but that's the wrong place to do so - this is farsight territory.

N

Nik Barbour

Don't feed the troll's guys!

@ Franky ; my god, my wife complained less during 20 hours of child birth.
Log your bugs, Farsight does listen, and they most likely will get fixed.

If you have such lack of faith in Farsight - walk away!
Get a grip.

F

Franky

what behaviour? you are the guys saying "yes and amen" to everything they do. And when i talk about a bug - and the guy who trolls around the whole forum never heard about this bug - then it is just because he ignores the bug threads - and this means - fanboy. but when the whole head is stuck in a dark and smelly place - you don't see well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts