Any Hope for community VR mod? For TPA? Help us NoEX your our only hope!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I must say the news that TPA is losing all the Bally/Williams licensed tables is pretty much the death knell to ever getting official support of VR for TPA.
Its been so frustrating that one of the first programs to get a vr mod for it was TPA when the rift was precommercial release but there's never been any official support or community support since.

I remember couple years ago NoEx posted a video of a freecamera movement mode to his TPA Mod but I can't find any more discussion of it. The linking of that to OpenVR api seems like it was something that could happen soon after similiar to how BAM added OpenVR support to FuturePinball.

It seems something like this will be the only way to play any of these tables in VR outside of Futurepinball which looks amazing but has the worst flipper physics out there.
The Acooda cabinet mod seems like a great thing but then I realised I just want to play Pinball In VR and not need to build or buy a full cabinet. And its missing support for over 10 tables..that are great tables I would want to play..

I know Stern Pinball Oculus Rift support was announced ad should come out in a the next few years or so(2018 LOL) but Man its TOTAN and Monster Bash and all the other classics I want to play in VR way more then the New StarTrek..
sigh.. its all rather depressing honestly

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Let us hope that VP has full 3D support in the future,that would be the jackpot. There is a way to play VPX in VR,but w/o head tracking.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
IF VPX got proper VR support that would be amazing. Positional Tracking is a must tho..it what elevates the experience above what you can do with a Video Pinball Cab personally.
Tho if you could have a Video Pinball Cab + kinect positional tracking + 3d glasses that worked in portrait mode..it might then be better :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts