Anyone have any "guilty pleasures" tables you'd like to see?

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
Nightmare on Elm Street. Not the greatest table but if you're a Freddy fan just for the design and the music it's awesome. TMNT would also be nice. And Guns N Roses ...because It's Guns N Roses . Nuff said!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My guilty pleasure table is Evel Knievel. The game itself is nothing special as I recall, but my friends and I played it because we all wanted to be Evel. Haven't seen one in a long time, but would love to play it again. Back in the 70's when I was kid, he was every little boys hero. We used to try to jump over anything we could find on our bicycles. And we we would go to a local coffe shop and stand on a chair (so we could see better) and play EK pinball. What a great memory.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
the shadow is an excellent table...very unique stuff there going on

I never played The Shadow, but I have fond memories of it :) In Cromer, Norfolk in the 90's I was on holiday with my parents playing The Machine BOP with my dad, and the guy next to us was going fricking nuts playing the shadow! He was effing and blinding, cursing the machine in the kind of language I can't repeat here (F's & C's). It was really funny to watch but I didn't want to get too close to him or show humor in case I became the focus of his tirade.

Now when I think of The Shadow pinball I just think of a guy going mental and cussing out a pinball machine!!!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I never played The Shadow, but I have fond memories of it :) In Cromer, Norfolk in the 90's I was on holiday with my parents playing The Machine BOP with my dad, and the guy next to us was going fricking nuts playing the shadow! He was effing and blinding, cursing the machine in the kind of language I can't repeat here (F's & C's). It was really funny to watch but I didn't want to get too close to him or show humor in case I became the focus of his tirade.

Now when I think of The Shadow pinball I just think of a guy going mental and cussing out a pinball machine!!!
The Shadow's a pretty tough table; I've been known to bust out some salty language while playing it as well.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I have played quite a bit of Cue Ball Wizard and really enjoy that table. I know that people aren't fans of the later Gottlieb/Premier tables, but this one really stands out for me.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I saw Phantom of the Opera at an arcade once, but the machine was not functioning at the time. I would have tried it otherwise. Looked like it would be fun to play though.

Baywatch is actually a very fun pin! Obviously the franchise is not the most appealing brand now, but anyone who actually plays the game will almost certainly enjoy it. I too would love to see this one brought to life through TPA.

X-Files is another good choice. Sometimes Stern's art just looks cheap and this is one of those pins that suffers because lesser aesthetics. But it's a decent play. Not as Fun as fun as Baywatch though, IMO.

One that hasn't been mentioned is Stargate. This pin wasn't very user friendly in terms of knowing what to focus on at any given time. The rule set is difficult to learn. The playfield also looks a little crowded. But after putting in some play time on the pin it becomes much more entertaining.

bonch

May 24, 2012
Future Spa. Pinball's take on exercise and relaxation in the future.

I have to play it. And so do you.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Baywatch is indeed fun - the cheesy license shouldn't stop you from enjoying this table. M.S. Frankenstein is also a great one - I love the morbid tone. Not many pinball games end on such a deliciously depressing note (all I love is buried in a shallow grave). Plus, you can choose between the film's soundtrack, and Edgar Winter's Frankenstein. While you may have trouble getting it out of your head when you're done, it's a great song to play pinball to.
X-Files is pretty lame. So much potential, wasted, and it's not just the art that's mediocre in that one.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I have played quite a bit of Cue Ball Wizard and really enjoy that table. I know that people aren't fans of the later Gottlieb/Premier tables, but this one really stands out for me.

I was going to mention this one too. I don't think Cueball Wizard qualifies as "terrible design", though I can see why it's not considered a top-ranking table. Nonetheless, I used to play it all the time, and it's actually pretty fun IMO.

AdambombAdam

Jun 29, 2012
The first machine I owned was called Alien Poker. It's a super ugly pinball. I have so many memories of playing it as a kid thouthat I would love to have it on the pinball arcade.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Baby pacman. It had the maze & a pinball table. Loved that game. Do u think farsight will give us this table? Come on u all have to ask. Please please. Now everybody . Baby pacman. Baby pacman. Please start asking !!!!

WilliamPorygon

Apr 21, 2012
I'd love to see Baby Pac-Man too, but given the licensing issues I don't think there's any realistic way it would happen. Does Namco even have the rights to authorize Farsight to make a version of Baby Pac-Man? I understand Bally/Midway turned over the rights to all the Pac-Man games they created to avoid a lawsuit but except for Ms. Pac-Man, Namco has completely ignored them since then. (Even the reasonably well-known Jr. Pac-Man hasn't had any official release since the 80's.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts