Arcooda announced their pricing!

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
That CANNOT be a coincidence :D

I'm betting FarSight and Arcooda will be releasing a Stern pack down the road...……….

I doubt it, I imagine Elk Grove, Illinois is just set up really well to receive and distribute pinball machines. but having said that I would pay a lot of money for modern tables with Arcooda cabinet support. Batman '66 would be worth $50+ to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No, it's not a coincidence that Arcooda cabinets are being manufactured in the pinball capitol of the world. Where lots of pinball cabinet parts are readily available. But don't get your hopes up for Stern liking the idea of a full size cabinet that can run their games, with coin-op, in one unit, at a fraction of the cost.

hlr53

Jul 12, 2016
I have no idea if VirtuaPin systems are good, over or under-priced, etc. (opinions welcome, including experience with their kits), but they seemed very promising to me based on the info on their web site. These Arcooda hardware offerings in comparison look quite good to me. Even if getting the bugs out of Pinball Arcade with the Arcooda cabinet mod takes FarSight a while, the hardware looks quite capable of running Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, MAME, etc. very well. A few weeks back I snagged a Kinect 2.0 adapter on eBay which would work with the BAM Future Pinball mod as well as Pinball Arcade.

VirtuaPin systems are excellent. I played one of their tables at a friends house in northern Ohio and I have purchased many parts from them. I didn't purchase a complete table because I have a ton of woodworking tools and had a gaming PC laying around that I didn't play much. I DIYed my cabinet out of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood (2 4x8 5 ply sheets) from Lowes. I had them make 5 cuts to get the pieces to fit in the back of my SUV.

I have also played a VP cabs table at their showroom in Fairfield, OH a few years ago since I live about 15 miles from them. Also an excellent cab but their top of the line model is PRICEY!

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
VirtuaPin systems are excellent. I played one of their tables at a friends house in northern Ohio and I have purchased many parts from them. I didn't purchase a complete table because I have a ton of woodworking tools and had a gaming PC laying around that I didn't play much. I DIYed my cabinet out of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood (2 4x8 5 ply sheets) from Lowes. I had them make 5 cuts to get the pieces to fit in the back of my SUV.

I have also played a VP cabs table at their showroom in Fairfield, OH a few years ago since I live about 15 miles from them. Also an excellent cab but their top of the line model is PRICEY!

I wonder if VP Cabs is paying attention to Arcooda and their pricing.

I have a VP Cabs Mini* (3/4 scale cab with i3 4640, gtx 670, 4 gb RAM) I got a very big discount on it at a pinball show when VP Cabs was just starting out, but the list price for the Mini was the same as Arcooda standard (full scale cab, i7, gtx 970(?), 8 gb RAM)

Is VP Cabs just going to hope that they can ride that Shark Tank wave forever and hope nobody hears about Arcooda or are they going to have to adjust their price or products?

*Minis have been discontinued since, I think so that they don't cannibalize the sales of the Vertigo

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
It’s really hard to compare the construction of a VPCabs or VirtuaPin with the Arcooda cabs since the latter don’t exist yet.

I can tell you that I currently own a VPCabs Vertigo which I purchased with the optional control panel and PC Upgrade. It costs about as much as the Arcooda “Standard” configuration pinball cabinet which includes the complete cabinet mode versions of TPA.

But I don’t regret the purchase of the Vertigo. I’m very impressed with the overall construction quality as well as how easy it is to get to everything should it need servicing. For example, the control panel lifts out from the front by just removing two screws; and the entire back comes off by removing four screws. It’s also on rollers for easy mobility. (BTW, I should mention that when I received my Vertigo the top monitor had been delivered cracked. I contacted their support team and they shipped me out a replacement monitor the very next day. Replacing the top monitor was as easy as uncsewing the back; unplugging the bad monitor; sliding it out; and plugging in the new monitor. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.)

Since the Arcooda “Standard” cab doesn’t exist yet, no direct comparison can be made.

I’m seriously considering purchasing the Arcooda “Standard” cab, but it would be *in addition* to my Vertigo. The Vertigo’s unique compact form factor combined with it’s construction quality and easy component access earns it a continuing spot in my game room.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’ll have my hands on Arcooda’s prototype cabinet on Thursday up at FarSight. What kinds of things would you guys like me to pay particular attention to?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I’ll have my hands on Arcooda’s prototype cabinet on Thursday up at FarSight. What kinds of things would you guys like me to pay particular attention to?
How well does the slide and bumping mechanism feel compared to a real pinball machine.

How does the motors and stuff that will make the machine feel 'alive' work do you think - does it convey the bumpers vibration and other mechanical workings of the real machine compared to the emulation.

Guess that is the 2 biggies for me :D

And thanks for going up there, but you will have a blast anyway so how much of a sacrifice is it really, lol.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013

I'm interested to see how well optimized Pinball Arcade (and Timeshock if they let you try it) are. They should be pretty much perfect versions

Also push the machine around a little bit and see how it responds. I've tried analog nudge on my cabinet and never ended up being happy with it so now I just use buttons

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I'm interested to see how well optimized Pinball Arcade (and Timeshock if they let you try it) are. They should be pretty much perfect versions

Also push the machine around a little bit and see how it responds. I've tried analog nudge on my cabinet and never ended up being happy with it so now I just use buttons

Would also be really interested to see what you think Timeshock if you get to see that shutyertrap. Would really like to know if there is there blurring in the upper playfield something Barnstorm never fixed for Kickstarter supporters in the 100$ plus tiers. If it's fixed in the Arcooda version hopefully there will be a glimmer of hope that they release it in their Steam version too.

For TPA would be good to see what you think of the 4 views particularly view 3. In tables where the ball is easily visible in the upper playfield and not obscured by toys and alike, are you noticing the egg shaped ball? eg: Big Shot

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’ll be very surprised if they have anything but TPA running on the cab. I was hoping to be able to compare on site with the VirtuaPin they had, but apparently the got rid of it.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I would be very interested in knowing if some of the issues we are seeing in the Steam software exist on their cabinet. I am specifically interested about whether the perspective issues described in the "Egg Ball" thread exist on their cabinet. Nudnick describes this very well in his post. There is some debate in that thread about whether what we are seeing is an actual bug or whether the views are designed that way for the 3D effect.

Are they going to allow you to video game play? That would be very helpful.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
After Arcooda's June 15th cabinet pricing announcement, I had sent an Inquiry to them with some questions. I received a very nice and helpful reply. Some items that were in that reply that might be helpful to others considering an Arcooda cabinet are:

• Please wait until Monday/Tuesday to review again better overview of the cabinets. There are 3 home models, and a coin operated version machine. Ultra / Coin Operated - these are the same body/function, but slightly different components.

• Yes, the $499usd software is included in the cabinet costs. If people have purchased this already, it will be deducted from the machine price. Please note, we must pay FarSight by 30th June to enable the Williams/Bally tables to be included on the same package.

• The Arcooda software will continue to be supported well past the expiry date. The engine that FarSight is using will continue to be modified to support the Arcooda cabinet. We had a number of new features and other Williams/Bally tables which we were paying FarSight to develop into cabinet mode - this has all been abandoned, so no further development on such projects will occur (bugs/software errors in existing game play will definitely be solved).

• We have been very rushed due to the licensing problems and the need to bring forward the announcement of the cabinets. Hopefully by this Wednesday we will have a lot more information online for easier review and understanding.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013

I would be really interested in the how well the Kinetic 2.0 3D head tracking performs.

Also, would it be possible to get some additional or longer videos of the kinetic in use. Arcooda's video is about 30 seconds long. For the cash they are asking (while pretty reasonable), I would think they could have 2 people take 20 or 30 minutes and film a longer demo.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I would be really interested in the how well the Kinetic 2.0 3D head tracking performs.

Also, would it be possible to get some additional or longer videos of the kinetic in use. Arcooda's video is about 30 seconds long. For the cash they are asking (while pretty reasonable), I would think they could have 2 people take 20 or 30 minutes and film a longer demo.

I'm going to try and grab a lot of photos, so long as Arcooda clears me to release them. I am under NDA with them. I won't be taking a 30 minute long video of the Kinect parallax 3D, but I'll do my best to show it off a little more than what that video did show. That is actually the #1 thing I am most interested in seeing.

Re-Animator

Aug 13, 2012
I want to know how the input lag is on the 4k screens... is it > 16 ms.
How does it play? I really want to buy on, not sure if i go for the Ultra or the Pro what monitors are used.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How does it play? I really want to buy on, not sure if i go for the Ultra or the Pro what monitors are used.

I'm not going to know the specs on input lag of the screens, but I will be able to at least see if I even notice any. Also, I'm not sure that the monitors on FarSight's cabinet will be the same as what ships since it's a prototype they've had in the office for over a year now.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for doing this shutyertrap. What you observe and report to us will factor into the Arcooda Cabinet purchase decision of myself and others here. As the June 30th deadline gets closer, I hope it works out with your schedule to report back to us in this Forum by next weekend. (Or if you do it in the BlahCade, that the BlahCade episode is viewable by next weekend.)

Last edited:

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Had a reply to an Email I sent to Arcooda asking about UK distributor.------"In reply to your email, we are currently still in negotiations and will stay in touch. If however, we are unable to secure a professional agency then our plan is to send goods directly to UK from Asia/USA to our customers.

zdjh22

Sep 28, 2013

I had sent Arcooda a number of questions, including about the 4K monitor. Here’s what they told me:

At the moment we are going with LG 4K industrial panels which are being used in amusement machine production. Whilst we have been testing different panels over these last months, we will finalise the exact panel towards July. We are gamers, and totally understand game lag, especially on video pinballs.

I think I may have found the model at the LG site, although not sure since it has speakers. It’s not in any input lag database I could find. http://www.lg.com/us/business/commercial-display/products/desktop-monitors/lg-43MU79-B

I also asked about their Highway I/O board. From the YouTube video it looks very nice indeed for adding in a console, PC, or Raspberry PI. The photo for the Ultra shows the Sanwa joysticks and buttons. I hope the later offering they refer to includes the mini trackballs (or even better full size trackballs).

Highway IO board - please review the features on another Arcooda product;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCYBESycqo&t=

Inside the pinball, we will be also using this IO board which also adds these features.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts