Arcooda announced their pricing!

Re-Animator

Aug 13, 2012
He is my reply.

Thank you for your email, please note that we will be using LG industrial open frame monitors used in arcade machines and we will have final specs available in August.
Yes we will be shipping to the Netherlands, we are currently working on suitable freight options available for our customers and hope to have all details, along with purchase terms and conditions online in the next few days.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
He is my reply.

Thank you for your email, please note that we will be using LG industrial open frame monitors used in arcade machines and we will have final specs available in August.
Yes we will be shipping to the Netherlands, we are currently working on suitable freight options available for our customers and hope to have all details, along with purchase terms and conditions online in the next few days.

An email I received 4 1/2 hours ago from Arcooda also included the exact same words of, "We are currently working on suitable freight options available for our customers and hope to have all details, along with purchase terms and conditions online in the next few days."

That email also provided the following answer to a question I had: "No you do not need to pay for the entire cost of the cabinet at the time of order, however full payment (including shipping) will need to be finalised prior to shipping the machine."

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I'm going to try and grab a lot of photos, so long as Arcooda clears me to release them. I am under NDA with them. I won't be taking a 30 minute long video of the Kinect parallax 3D, but I'll do my best to show it off a little more than what that video did show. That is actually the #1 thing I am most interested in seeing.

The three descriptions state variations of the following, "Kinect 2.0 Ready (install inside headbox)". It will be interesting to learn where in the headbox they have the Kinect, and is there some kind of cutout in the headbox for the Kinect's lens to peer out? As typically pictures I have seen of Kinects place them standalone on top of things (tripods, TV's, monitors, etc). It's nice that the Kinect is physically in the headbox, so the users don't have to find the best working external place to put it.

Since Arcooda is now selling three different cabinet versions, I am also a little bit curious about what the configuration is in the Arcooda protoype that FarSight has been testing on. (As far as computer specs, 4K verses 720p/1080p monitors, and other cabinet components.) Not a huge deal to me, but a nice-to-know if that is something they tell you and you are able to pass it on.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I follow a fellow Aussie original Kiwi , Spacies Arcade , on YouTube , this is called last chance for cabinet mode in the Arcooda/Farsight pinball , he normally has a chin wag about Visual Pinball , Pinball Tables and some comps . this is the first time I`ve seen him do a review , he talks a lot ;) like most of us Aussies . I found it great , he plays about 3 tables of Arcoodas , but what I liked was his Visual 10 tables , flashy !!!:cool:it goes for 1 hour :p

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I follow a fellow Aussie original Kiwi , Spacies Arcade , on YouTube , this is called last chance for cabinet mode in the Arcooda/Farsight pinball , he normally has a chin wag about Visual Pinball , Pinball Tables and some comps . this is the first time I`ve seen him do a review , he talks a lot ;) like most of us Aussies . I found it great , he plays about 3 tables of Arcoodas , but what I liked was his Visual 10 tables , flashy !!!:cool:it goes for 1 hour :p

Hey I just took a look at that channel and he has some excellent content. Subscribed :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I just watched his hour long video on Arcooda Pinball - I rarely listen to a video in full but this was worth a listen for sure,. He does a VPX comparison which is good to observe, and made some recommendations for the Arcooda product which hopefully Farsight/Arcooda may consider going forward.. He sums things up perfectly in a way a lot of us think about this offering, the previous 'cabinet politics', etc.

We all want to support companies who legitimate pinball products but.......
https://youtu.be/nNWF4ewl2qg

Note: There is a 'Whitewater' comparison and 'Fishtales' comparison for those interested in TPA and VPX differences.

Last edited:

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Watching spacie's video now and this is my first time seeing VPX. I had no idea that Visual Pinball had come so far

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just watched the video. Think I need to get this guy on as a guest for a BlahCade Podcast.

Anybody know if he's posted on this forum?

Last edited:

hlr53

Jul 12, 2016
I just watched most of it (I skipped through the VPX sections) and the KEY takeaway was SET YOUR CONFIG TO WINDOWED MODE in DX11 to avoid performance problems!! Also, the in-software monitor adjustments are broken with generic cabs. I bet they work and were designed for the Arcooda cabinet?

Very informative and very entertaining.

I still haven't purchased but what the heck, I will buy next week.

EDIT: Almost forgot, he could have also shown running in 3 screen mode using Freezy's DMDext. He probably wanted to keep it simple in this video. Also, he didn't mention seeing an egg shaped ball and stretched upper playfield.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I just watched most of it (I skipped through the VPX sections) and the KEY takeaway was SET YOUR CONFIG TO WINDOWED MODE in DX11 to avoid performance problems!!

Just FYI I tried windowed mode before and again today after seeing this but it still didn't work for me. (
nVidia GTX 1060 6GB).

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Watching spacie's video now and this is my first time seeing VPX. I had no idea that Visual Pinball had come so far

It really is awesome. The lighting and physics and come on leaps and bounds. It isn't hassle to setup either (there is an all in one installer nowadays for VPX/VP10).

There is a channel where some guy posts videos of all the table releases. If you try and view one of his portrait videos select quality 720p 60fps in YouTube and look at it full screen on a TV/monitor to see what a table will look like in full screen in a cab.

Robowar:
https://youtu.be/miaKidyukNE

Tommy:
https://youtu.be/WjUXaYNtJHs

T2:
https://youtu.be/bspuuSMgrOg

Batman Custom Lighting:
https://youtu.be/xZssIbtHutQ

I still support TPA but can't ignore VP.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Just FYI I tried windowed mode before and again today after seeing this but it still didn't work for me. (
nVidia GTX 1060 6GB).
SilverBalls I have the same graphics card as you , and there are some days it slows down in play , but most of the time it`s great. listening to Spacie it sounds you need some decree to setup these VP Tables , I`m hopeless on my laptop , that`s why I prefer my consoles . I bought an Ultra Custom Cab 2in 1 cab , it cost $2,740 au it`s very simple . no dmx or changing back glass ,about700 tables and 12,000 retro games all preset and I won`t connect it to the internet , just leave it as it is . it has 64 TPA tables , 54 ZEN FX2 tables , 54 ZEN FXR tables , 110 VP tables and about 500 FUTURE PINBALL tables . the reason I got it , is the price . I couldn`t afford much more . I know it`s very basic but I wanted to be able to play my pinball on a table . it arrives in about 5 weeks .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
It really is awesome. The lighting and physics and come on leaps and bounds. It isn't hassle to setup either (there is an all in one installer nowadays for VPX/VP10).

There is a channel where some guy posts videos of all the table releases. If you try and view one of his portrait videos select quality 720p 60fps in YouTube and look at it full screen on a TV/monitor to see what a table will look like in full screen in a cab.

Robowar:
https://youtu.be/miaKidyukNE

Tommy:
https://youtu.be/WjUXaYNtJHs

T2:
https://youtu.be/bspuuSMgrOg

Batman Custom Lighting:
https://youtu.be/xZssIbtHutQ

I still support TPA but can't ignore VP.
SilverBalls that was great !!!:cool: I try to take in all the pinball tables , TPA ,SPA , ZEN , PRO PINBALL and the PIRATE one . I will buy any table that comes out . and Future & Visual pinballs I like them all . I have been really enjoying the VP Tables a lot , amazing what you find on Youtube !!! :cool:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I viewed the "Spacies Arcade" video.

Three things:
* On my cab performance is much better in DX11 "Fullscreen" mode.
* He complains about the lack of analog nudging, but most cabs have dedicated nudge buttons which are fully supported by the generic cabinet mode unlock key. Of course, dedicated nudge buttons do take some getting use to.
* The "Display Settings" / "Screen Setup" controls *do* work. As he pointed out, pressing the arrow keys just move one pixel at a time. I don't think this can be considered a bug. If the settings worked faster it could be more difficult to "dial in " the various settings. I considered these controls to be "fine tuning" of the settings in the "Cabinet Mode" TAB of the Configuration Utility.

In all, a pretty nice video and I was happy that he pointed out that with the VPX tables there is the issue that the ROM/table licenses are not paid for. It has also been my experience that VPX requires much more hardware than TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts