Arcooda Cab Views 2 to 4 play in Slow Motion. View 1 fine - Build 1.70.18 (5th June)

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
This is pretty anecdotal but I might have something for people with slow down to try.

I went into the launch configuration menu and changed my playfield coordinates from:
top 0.00 left 0.00 (I moved it here when setting up my screens)
to:
Top 2.00, left -32.00 (the default screen placement when I first opened cabinet mode)

I went from seeing slowdown in maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 games to it being in 1 out of 10 games.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I upgraded to the latest nVidia driver and still get same framerates:

Hardware/OS:
* Windows 7 64-bit
* nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
* Core i5-2400 - 8GB RAM

GeForce 398.11 drivers (clean install):
1 - 30-31 fps
2 - 30-31 fps
3 - 30-31 fps
4 - 60 fps

I also tried unplugging/plugging in monitor and no change.
I also switched monitors for the playfield and backglass, and adjusted the config screen co-ordinates, but same issue
I tried negative screen co-ordinates, and made backglass/DMD overlap the playfield, etc. but no change.

If I completely unplug the backglass monitor, disable it in nVidia, but leave the TPA backglass co-ordinates in the config, the game continues to have the low FPS rates for views 1-3.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I upgraded to the latest nVidia driver and still get same framerates:

Hardware/OS:
* Windows 7 64-bit
* nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
* Core i5-2400 - 8GB RAM

GeForce 398.11 drivers (clean install):
1 - 30-31 fps
2 - 30-31 fps
3 - 30-31 fps
4 - 60 fps

I also tried unplugging/plugging in monitor and no change.
I also switched monitors for the playfield and backglass, and adjusted the config screen co-ordinates, but same issue
I tried negative screen co-ordinates, and made backglass/DMD overlap the playfield, etc. but no change.

If I completely unplug the backglass monitor, disable it in nVidia, but leave the TPA backglass co-ordinates in the config, the game continues to have the low FPS rates for views 1-3.

Probably had no affect but just something I messed with...and that was in the config at the start when it says things like DX11...I went full screen not windowed etc. Probably isn’t relevant but I’m trying to think what I messed with as mine had the same issue but seemed to fix itself

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Probably had no affect but just something I messed with...and that was in the config at the start when it says things like DX11...I went full screen not windowed etc. Probably isn’t relevant but I’m trying to think what I messed with as mine had the same issue but seemed to fix itself

Thanks for mentioning it - any ideas welcome as it might be the thing that sorted it for you. I did try the fullscreen/windowed options as well. Even tried doing an Alt-Return to force a fullscreen but still no joy.

Last edited:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Reagarding the “Speed Issue”: As I have previously stated in this thread I’m having no speed issues with any of the new cabinet camera views on my VPCabs Vertigo, which contains relatively modest equipment: Core i3, 8GB RAM, GTX 950, running on Windows 7.

One override I performed to the graphics settings was to set maximum pre-rendered frames to 1. I did this about six months ago when I was fiddling with the NoEx mod, and it really helped out with some of the “jittery” play that I was experiencing from that. After upgrading to the Arcooda cabinet mod, this setting remained in effect. Could that be why I’m experiencing no speed issues? (I’m also now running in fullscreen mode, natch!)

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Reagarding the “Speed Issue”: As I have previously stated in this thread I’m having no speed issues with any of the new cabinet camera views on my VPCabs Vertigo, which contains relatively modest equipment: Core i3, 8GB RAM, GTX 950, running on Windows 7.

One override I performed to the graphics settings was to set maximum pre-rendered frames to 1. I did this about six months ago when I was fiddling with the NoEx mod, and it really helped out with some of the “jittery” play that I was experiencing from that. After upgrading to the Arcooda cabinet mod, this setting remained in effect. Could that be why I’m experiencing no speed issues? (I’m also now running in fullscreen mode, natch!)

I gave that a whirl but unfortunately it didn't help. Worth a try though :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It seems that the better the PC specs the slower the new views.

Another guy over on Steam said this:
v1.70.18 Cabinet, i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz 32GB, GTX 980M 8GB. Three camera modes at 8-9fps, one at 60fps. All cameras were full speed on v1.70.17 Cabinet. Varied nVidia settings (prerendered frames, vsync, etc) with no effect. STILL unable to launch ball with less than 100% force.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/1697174779852485259/?ctp=2#c1696049513768250396

[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] : Have the Devs had any luck reproducing this issue yet?

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
It seems that the better the PC specs the slower the new views.

Another guy over on Steam said this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/1697174779852485259/?ctp=2#c1696049513768250396

[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] : Have the Devs had any luck reproducing this issue yet?

Not with the cabinet and hardware we have on site. We will be putting some diagnostics tools in the next update to help get us some feedback to help track the issue down in the next update.

Edit: SilverBalls,

What kind of monitors/displays are you using?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Not with the cabinet and hardware we have on site. We will be putting some diagnostics tools in the next update to help get us some feedback to help track the issue down in the next update.

Edit: SilverBalls,

What kind of monitors/displays are you using?

For my DESKTOP setup which has the speed issue that I have been reporting I have two monitors both running at 1920 x 1080 60hz. The playfield is connected using HDMI to HDMI. The backglass monitor is HDMI to DVI. Incidentally if I completely detach the backglass monitor and disable it in the nVidia control panel, but leave the TPA config the same the slowness / low FPS for the 3 3D views is the same.

I am running in Full screen. I tried Desktop Composition Off and On in the exe level properties for the TPA cab exe.. Also tried various other settings but no luck.

Just to reiterate view 4 renders at 60fps with no frame dropping whatsoever.

FYI I also have a pincab with a Core i7 and GTX 970 but haven't installed the cab TPA on it yet as away from home but next Monday I will be back so will try it on that as well. I can still do tests on the desktop setup with the speed issue described above as I have that with me.

Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We are putting in an update with some diagnostic tools to help with tracking the issue where the Arcooda Key is not recognized. We have backglass fixes for Al's garage band, F-14 Tomcat, Gladiators, TX-Sector, Scared Stiff, and Creature From the Black Lagoon. We are changing how the backglass renders to see if this might improve slow-down some users are experiencing.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Not sure about other players but I only see Slowdown in EM tables. Big Shot, Central Park, Genie, etc.

I am in Europe so just was going test out the speed fix in the 1.70.20 patch but it looks like it was rolled back? It would have been worthwhile allowing more of us to try that patch first because I don't think Jamman39 has the exact same issue. Also it looks like Jamman39 confirmed it was only the EMs that remained slow.

If the change was just part of the EXE if Farsight can email me that then I can test it quickly and report back.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION] now that you mention it I've been wondering if my slowdown issue is a different issue to yours. When I experience slowdown it makes the entire game look as though moon Gravity of slow motion is switched on. I've seen others describe lost frames which would be much different.

It might be helpful to have people chime in and describe which type of slowdown they are seeing

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION] now that you mention it I've been wondering if my slowdown issue is a different issue to yours. When I experience slowdown it makes the entire game look as though moon Gravity of slow motion is switched on. I've seen others describe lost frames which would be much different.

It might be helpful to have people chime in and describe which type of slowdown they are seeing

I have the slooooooooowwwww mooooooo ball in camera vies 1-3. Frame rate drops 10-15% but the ball speed drops way more than the frame rate. Might actually be 2 separate issues. One for frame rate the other for ball speed. Plus the egg shaped ball thing.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I have the slow motion ball as well in those views (as shown in my video in the first post) so it sounds like we have the same behaviour after all. When I switch on the FPS counter it is showing 30fps in those 3 views.

Here is a link to the part of the video showing the slow motion ball.
https://youtu.be/c181BqWMOSQ?t=47

Will be good to hear from others with the speed issue......

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I am in Europe so just was going test out the speed fix in the 1.70.20 patch but it looks like it was rolled back? It would have been worthwhile allowing more of us to try that patch first because I don't think Jamman39 has the exact same issue. Also it looks like Jamman39 confirmed it was only the EMs that remained slow.

If the change was just part of the EXE if Farsight can email me that then I can test it quickly and report back.

The update was crashing the DX9 version of TPA so we were told to fix it immediately. We should be rolling out another update at the end of the day.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts