Arcooda Cab Views 2 to 4 play in Slow Motion. View 1 fine - Build 1.70.18 (5th June)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
[MENTION=2038]Pantah010[/MENTION], Steam recommends GPU nVidia GTX 560 or higher for the base game. Your GTX 750 Ti confusingly benchmarks about 12% under this threshold. http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-560-Ti-448-Core-LE/2187vsm8215... I write "confusingly" because one would naturally assume that higher model numbers would be better.

That's a common misconception when comparing GPUs. With the current numbering scheme of nVidia GPUs, don't just look at the leading digits (1080 vs 750ti vs 560), you need to look at the second-to-last digit (1080 vs 750ti vs 560). The first digit signifies the GPU's generation, the second it's position within the hierarchy of that generation - as you'd expect, the higher number the more powerful.

Between the 5th and 7th generation GPUs, nVidia essentially "skipped" a generation - there are very few GTX6xx cards, most were just re-badged 5xx cards [EDIT: oops, I mis-remembered: the 8th gen was "skipped", not the 6th, though I believe the 6th gen was a re-iteration of 5th-gen architecture]. So while the 7xx generation are newer cards, the 560 still is a more powerful card than the 750Ti (which was a budget-ish-range card with a slimmed-down form-factor that didn't require an additional power connector from the card to the power supply (the most powerful card you could get that had that "feature") - that is, it draws all the power it needs from the PCIE slot, thus making it very popular and a perennial "best buy" in its price range).

For a single screen PC, the 750Ti has proven to be more than adequate. I can't comment on how well it would perform in a 3 monitor set up, but it might find itself struggling if it's trying to render three screens instead of just one, especially if one of those is a full HD screen.

Last edited:

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
That's a common misconception when comparing GPUs. With the current generation of nVidia GPUs, don't just look at the first digit (750ti vs 560), you need to look at the second digit (750ti vs 560). The first digit signifies the GPU's generation, the second it's position within the hierarchy of that generation - as you'd expect, the higher number the more powerful.

Between the 5th and 7th generation GPUs, nVidia essentially "skipped" a generation - there are very few GTX6xx cards, most were just re-badged 5xx cards. So while the 7xx generation are newer cards, the 560 still is a more powerful card than the 750Ti (which was a budget-ish-range card with a slimmed-down form-factor that didn't require an additional power connector from the card to the power supply (the most powerful card you could get that had that "feature") - that is, it draws all the power it needs from the PCIE slot, thus making it very popular and a perennial "best buy" in its price range).

For a single screen PC, the 750Ti has proven to be more than adequate. I can't comment on how well it would perform in a 3 monitor set up, but it might find itself struggling if it's trying to render three screens instead of just one, especially if one of those is a full HD screen.

Thats good info thanx!
On the dmd monitor i have gpu and cpu monitor widgets, so i can see the usages all the time during play.
And the gpu doesnt seem to have anny problem with handeling it all, 45-50% usage and only 780mb of the 2g is used.
The cpu goes from 50-99% and only 1600mb of the 4g is used.
It all runs smooth on all views, only the little stutter on multibal (cpu 80-99%)

I got win7 64bit on it.
For now i can live with the little stutter, eventualy i have to upgrade hardware :(
Or maybe they finetune it more and i be lucky :p

(tested with Attack from Mars)

Last edited:

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
Did some more testing, i rest my case, it runs better than before!
Cirqus Voltaire was a table that did not run smooth on my setup before, this is nolonger the case.
The stutter i posted about before might had to do with background win7 update that was running i guess.
This update might even let me play Ghost Busters smooth..

So sorry guys false alarm i guess..
Happy with this update!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Question, mainly to [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION], will this fix need to be put into the regular DX11 build and might it fix the Ghostbusters stutter/lag issue?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The next update we do for TPA should have a fix for the Stern tables.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just to report back that I now get a full 60 FPS in all views in both 2 and 3 screen modes with my desktop setup. :)

I still haven't put it in the cabinet as is it still packed up, but will do that at a later date.

Cheers

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Just to report back that I now get a full 60 FPS in all views in both 2 and 3 screen modes with my desktop setup. :)

I still haven't put it in the cabinet as is it still packed up, but will do that at a later date.

Cheers

That's excellent, SilverBalls! I'm glad that you started this thread, and that members of our Community were able to help FarSight/Arcooda get this issue fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.