Ask Me Anything FarsightStudios - I will reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Just wondering, were both match sequences on Frankenstein and Last Action Hero removed by default because they were deemed too violent?

But then again, Starship Troopers and was a pretty gruesome tables already (and there's DMD animations on LAH that are bloodier), so I don't really understand the logic. Tales from the Crypt was previously said to be a bit too extreme for PA before, but since it's about as gruesome as ST (or less) it has a chance of showing up now, right?

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Is Season 6 the last full season of Pinball Arcade? And will you ever release Banzai Run for it?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Would recording sound straight from the speaker wire via line out converter be more accurate than whatever sound [filtering/analog equipment] emulation TPA may or maynot have?

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Are you going to add the mirror in Theater of Magic (DX11) at some point or not?

Are you going to get rid of the semitransparent playfield of the Black Hole table (again DX11)?

invitro

May 4, 2012
If rabbits' feet are so lucky, then what happened to the rabbit ?
Fun Fact: Most of the rabbits' feet you see come from rabbits that won a million-dollar lottery. The problem is that like most lottery winners, these rabbits spent it all on heroin and bath salts, and soon died. :(

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Another question: what about pro modes for more season 1 and 2 tables, especially Creature from the Black Lagoon. The default game is set to family mode, but it would be cool if you could turn that off and perform Fatalities on the peeping tom.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
There has been mentioned a new physics engine (or a tweaked one) for Stern Pinball that was pushed forward; there was talk about incorporatingsome of that into TPA - any news on that, anyone working on a new physics engine at all?

Plus one. I stopped buying TPA tables after season three because the physics (with railroads, etc.) feel lifeless to me. I'd gladly buy the rest of your tables if ball physics were upgraded substantially. Any news on physics engine development? Let the ball be wild!

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Plus one. I stopped buying TPA tables after season three because the physics (with railroads, etc.) feel lifeless to me. I'd gladly buy the rest of your tables if ball physics were upgraded substantially. Any news on physics engine development? Let the ball be wild!
Ben, you keep asking this, and I suppose I'll keep answering it :). They've said that a physics upgrade is planned, to come sometime after SPA has been released. So there's no point in continuing to ask until at least SPA has been released for all platforms. Source:

"Stern Pinball Arcade is going to release with the standard TPA physics. The 4.0 physics will come later"
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11532-TX-Sector-Twitch-broadcast?p=240600&viewfull=1#post240600

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hi Fredo and welcome,thanks for all the sports tables ,love them !!! are we getting 3D on PS4,it`s bloody great on PS3 !!! and thanks,i always have a nice day !!! and you mate, have a great day !!!!!!!:cool:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Ben, you keep asking this, and I suppose I'll keep answering it :). They've said that a physics upgrade is planned, to come sometime after SPA has been released. So there's no point in continuing to ask until at least SPA has been released for all platforms. Source:

"Stern Pinball Arcade is going to release with the standard TPA physics. The 4.0 physics will come later"
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11532-TX-Sector-Twitch-broadcast?p=240600&viewfull=1#post240600

That quote only mentions Stern Pinball Arcade. It says nothing about the regular Pinball Arcade. And since only Steam and Wii U have flipper physics 3.0, we can't assume that they mean TPA as well as TSPA.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015

Yes, you're correct Invitro. Thanks for your patience with me. I posted the same question here as a chance to remind the good TPA / SPA devs ball physics improvements are a priority for some of us. There's lots of competition for their time!

I do appreciate your feedback though. My apologies if I'm coming across as a PITA!

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
What kind of priority do the leaderboards have? There's no integrity to them when you fix major scoring exploits 4 months later and don't reset them.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
If a thousand buffalo jumped off a cliff, how many orange peels would it take to shingle your dog-house?

karussellbremser

Aug 20, 2015
Thanks for updating Big Hurt with the latest iOS update, but why did you still not fix the scaling issue that pages of table instructions are truncated and can't be fully read? It's extremely annoying and I guess it doesn't make a good impression on new players.

Have a nice day too and thank you for this opportunity.

invitro

May 4, 2012
That quote only mentions Stern Pinball Arcade. It says nothing about the regular Pinball Arcade. And since only Steam and Wii U have flipper physics 3.0, we can't assume that they mean TPA as well as TSPA.
OK... I guess whether TPA gets these "4.0" physics when SPA gets them is a separate question. I think it's safe to say that the answer is yes, at least soon after, at least for the Steam version.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
When will a good chunk of these get fixed?

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10511-Master-List-of-Issues-Within-the-PC-Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online