Attack From Mars Video

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
ATM is my all time favorite real world table,so I'm stoked to finally get this after being delayed for the Elvira pins.Hopefully the 360 version won't be too long in coming...

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I've never played ATM before, but based on that video and the comments about it being similar to MM (my favorite table to date), I'm really looking forward to giving it a try.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Looks fantastic. I've been impressed lately by the ball physics for the recently released tables like STTNG and this looks just as good. Hopefully they will relate that to the older released tables. Some are pretty good. Others like MM and CV Need work IMO and in some cases MB and CFTBL. Still way too bouncy/floaty for my liking. I've read that they are working on a fix in the next PS3 update. If that's true, so looking forward to it and the next table pack release.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't know anyone that doesn't enjoy this pin. The only negative I have ever heard is that it is a little heavy on bash the center toy. No it's not as deep as TZ, but there is plenty there to keep you from getting bored. If It plays as well as it looks in this video, then a lot of people may have a new favorite table.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
All the tournament footage I've seen would suggest that is NOT the case, as in, the saucer drains balls like crazy. It's a lot less forgiving than say, the Castle in MM. It's worth a ton of points, but the strategies seem to be get multiball first so you can shoot saucers with (relative) impunity.

Watching PAPA tournaments, my most wanted tables are this, T2, and Dracula. Oh and Jack*Bot. Oh and Nitro Ground Shaker. Shoot the holes! I've probably watched that video too many times, Bowen and his buddies are too funny. BTW can't freaking wait for PAPA this year (my first, and I only live 45 minutes from Scottsdale!).

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
All the tournament footage I've seen would suggest that is NOT the case, as in, the saucer drains balls like crazy. It's a lot less forgiving than say, the Castle in MM. It's worth a ton of points, but the strategies seem to be get multiball first so you can shoot saucers with (relative) impunity.

Watching PAPA tournaments, my most wanted tables are this, T2, and Dracula. Oh and Jack*Bot. Oh and Nitro Ground Shaker. Shoot the holes! I've probably watched that video too many times, Bowen and his buddies are too funny. BTW can't freaking wait for PAPA this year (my first, and I only live 45 minutes from Scottsdale!).

Yeah. Shoot the Holes! :D

Unfortunately, both tournaments would be going on during school, and I won't be able to go :(

Chk1975

Aug 28, 2012
I have AFM and MM next to each other in my game room and I can simply say attack is the best pinball machine ever made!

R

Rhandos

The table and lighting look great, but is there any chance for dynamic general illumination? I mean the lights beside the colored inserts and flashers that illuminate the entire table you see in the video. Two examples from other tables: When multiball starts on No Good Gofers, the entire table goes completely dark for a few seconds while the lights build up; in Twilight Zone, the illumination for the right loop flashes when the table wants you to put the Powerball back. Here it's the same - the lightning looks good and right, but it never changes. Is this a processing power problem?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
It should be dropping by the end of the week if they follow the recent trend. I added $ to my App Store account just in case. :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The table and lighting look great, but is there any chance for dynamic general illumination? I mean the lights beside the colored inserts and flashers that illuminate the entire table you see in the video. Two examples from other tables: When multiball starts on No Good Gofers, the entire table goes completely dark for a few seconds while the lights build up; in Twilight Zone, the illumination for the right loop flashes when the table wants you to put the Powerball back. Here it's the same - the lightning looks good and right, but it never changes. Is this a processing power problem?

Yes, it's something that would help a lot. Here's an older thread on that very subject if you're interested:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/729-General-Illumination

Feel free to post your comments there as well because it's a topic that deserves a good bump.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.