• They're all awesome!

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • They're all rubbish!

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
So, which Pin*Bot table wins for you?

For me it's still Pin*Bot. I don't rate Bride at all to be honest, so I was pleasantly surprised by Jack*Bot in that it keeps most of what makes Pin*Bot great (they're all new to me, so I had no idea it was so similar). But I prefer the focused simplicity of Pin*Bot, and love the aesthetics, even if Jack*Bot makes a nice change.

Still, Jack*Bot is growing on me. And thank the Gods for ball savers.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Jack*Bot. By a country mile. The Bride of Pin*Bot and then Pin*Bot. Although both are very close for completely different reasons.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Jack > Pin > Bride. Especially if we're talking TPA versions. Real-world I'd probably go Jack > Bride > Pin. But... and it's a big But... I've never played a real Jack*Bot, or if I have, it was one or two games 20 years ago.

In terms of owning my own table, Pin*Bot is high on the list of ones I'd like to get. Probably more affordable than either of the other two.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Jack, Bride, Pin. Haven't played much Pinbot though, so maybe I undervalue that table. I wasn't very impressed with it though through a couple of games. Having fun with Jack*Bot!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Well obviously Jack pot will be #1. It just came out. And has multiball! And not the crappy 2 ball stuff on bride

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Well obviously Jack pot will be #1. It just came out. And has multiball! And not the crappy 2 ball stuff on bride

Recency bias goes both ways - didn't work so well for LCA, but now we barely hear about it...

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
It is interesting that (small sample size notwithstanding) there seems to be a bias towards Pin*Bot amongst Bride fans, but there's no corresponding bias towards Bride amongst Pin*Bot fans.

I guess Bride and Pin*Bot fans on average prefer older machines, but that's offset amongst the Pin*Bot fans by Jack*Bot's similarity.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
All awesome! Bride is the one I've played the most for real, and it's very cool. Not as much in TPA, but still a great table and very beginner-friendly. Pin*Bot is a good table. Jack*Bot I've never seen before, but it is damn fun. I've seen a few requests here for Jack*Bot "to complete the trilogy", but I'm surprised that there was an unlicensed table this good that we didn't get until season 4. A very pleasant surprise for me, and I hope Farsight have more tables of this caliber up their sleeve for season 5.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.