Theater of Magic
Creature
Attack From Mars
TOTAN
T2
Monster Bash

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
Darnit I missed round 1. Oh well. Onto the newest fights.

Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire

Oh this one's a tough one. When I first got the pinball arcade cirqus voltiare was the table of the month and I like it. But Medieval Madness is the table I play the most.

Gotta go with the knights that have swords shields and catapults. How the hell is a circus supposed to survive that onslaught? Medieval Madness.

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur

Centaur and his punk game could kill Elvira pretty quickly, and with their leader gone the rest of the monsters stand no chance.

Theatre of Magic
v White Water

I honesty have no idea why people like White Water so much. Theatre of Magic makes that table disappear in a puff of smoke, and by that I mean they lit a fire underneath them and boiled all the water beneath them, right as the went over a rapid. Magic!

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind

What was the point of the drive in movie theme? Ah whatever the whirlwind blows over the creature and his lagoon.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars

Believe it or not Mars is attacking and Robert Ripley had to flee. His current location is unknown but he's in the same company as Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart, probably dead.

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone

Tell me a story about Arabia that I don't have to suffer through. Twilight Zone is just too difficult and unforgiving. So I guess the genie makes the Twilight Zone disappear. Now for my other 2 wishes.

T2 V Pinbot

The terminator can kill robots all day long, that's what he's been reprogrammed to do. I doubt Pinbot could stand up to a liquid metal terminator or this table.

Monster Bash
v Scared Stiff

One of these tables has Dracula and Frankenstein playing a rock and roll song. One of these tables does not. Also Monster Bash is just better.

Last edited:
K

Korven

Medieval Madness

Centaur

White Water - probably my favourite table in TPA so far.

Creature from the Black Lagoon - wins on theme only

Ripleys Believe it or Not

Twilight Zone

T2 V Pinbot - pass since I find both boring.

Monster Bash

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Medieval Madness vs Cirqus Voltaire - But only by the narrowest of margins. CV is just slightly too easy for me to go on.

Elvira and the Party Monsters vs Centaur - Centaur seems to have picked the lucky draw in this tournament.

Theatre of Magic vs Whitewater - Another very tough one. To be honest, Theatre's probably taking the victory solely because I've played it more IRL.

Creature from the Black Lagoon vs Whirlwind - Sorry, Creech, but Whirlwind is a lot more fun, even if you do have a DMD and lots of side modes.

Ripley's Believe It or Not! vs Attack from Mars - More agonizing decisions! But AFM very narrowly takes it, for being funnier and not frustrating the hell out of me trying to stack things.

Tales of the Arabian Nights vs Twilight Zone - Unfortunately, great art can only take TOTAN so far. The Power grinds the Genie under its heel...or it would, if pyramids had heels.

Terminator 2 vs Pinbot - T2, I guess? I don't like either of these tables and rarely play them, but if I have to pick one...

Monster Bash vs Scared Stiff - Both great tables, but Monster Bash is more of a challenge.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I vote for:
Medieval Madness
Centaur
White Water
Whirlwind
Attack From Mars
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Terminator 2
Monster Bash

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'm honestly kind of surprised how many people pick T2 over pinbot. I can't figure out that table at all. It seems like it has less depth than some EMs somehow. Different strokes I guess.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Medieval Madness
Centaur
Theatre of Magic
Whirlwind
Attack From Mars
Twilight Zone
Pinbot
Scared Stiff

TZ vs. Tales of the Arabian Nights was the only tough one for me, TZ has a great design but TOTAN is such a fun game for a quick whirl.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire - I tend to play MM more although CV is highly enjoyable.

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur - Centaur is always challenging and plays different every time. Elvira is just plain easy, but entertaining at times.

Theatre of Magic v White Water - I play way more TOM than WH20.

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind - I like these both too. I tend to play more CFTBL.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars - AFM is one of my favorites in RL. RBION doesn't come close. Run Away... Not you Again..

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone - TZ is more challenging to me, in a good way.

T2 V Pinbot - No Vote - I play each equally on TPA. I'd play both equally if beside each other in RL.

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff - Play Monster bash slightly more then SS. Like both.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire – Once I saw that MM and CV were squaring off, that was an excuse to buy Circus Voltaire for a fair comparison, and I'm really digging it. Maybe I'm still suffering from that new-game infatuation but I think I like it better than Medieval despite the sad occasion where a really good game came to a disappointing stop in the middle of some kind of multi-ball affair. The balls drained and the next one didn't load up. The scoreboard wasn’t anywhere to be found so I couldn’t even tell what the score was! The playfield just kept blinking, humming quietly to itself, as though it were waiting for me to go away, I guess. Still. Pretty nifty game.

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur – I prefer the fun theme and perky attitude of our hostess, but the gameplay of Centaur is top-notch and it’s more challenging than the Party Monsters. (If someone could re-theme Centaur as Elvira and the Party Monsters that might be the best game ever. Knock down all those tabs in Elvira’s Boudoir to release the Party Monsters! Pardon my drift…)

Theatre of Magic v White Water – I don’t have Theatre of Magic on the iPad (my platform of choice), but I’ve played it on the Mac a few times. I do like it a lot, and I’ve had a couple of strong games, but I don’t care for any of the camera angles so I’m not drawn to it very often. White Water has not yet won me over. I play it once or twice a week, but the intense yellowy contrast on the center of the table-top makes it very hard to see the ball on the screen. Meh. ToM for me.

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind – I haven’t spent much time with either and I haven’t been able to make sense of their rule sets, but I prefer the cleaner look and flowing, looping layout of Whirlwind.

Ripley’s Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars – Ripley’s I haven’t played much so I can’t say I know it very well, but Attack From Mars rocks. I can do without the video mode (I find ALL video modes annoying) but otherwise, I think it’s fabulous and I play it often.

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone – No vote. So far, I’m not a fan of Arabian Nights, and I’ve only sampled the free version of Twilight Zone. I’ll try playing TotAN a bit more if it makes it to the next round. I might buy TZ if it moves on to the next round, and if I have a weak moment; I often do.

T2 V Pinbot – Very tough call. I really like and dislike them both, but I think I prefer to enjoy and hate Pinbot. That frequent spitting of the ball from the bumpers directly to the left outlane is my most-despised drain in any game by far, and if I get two of those in one session I might quit and refuse to go back for days. I have games where I zip through the solar system with ease and games where I stand on Pluto and just can’t make the leap to Neptune. I’m positive I’ve gotten the Sun Special several times but you can’t tell by looking at the wizard goals. That’s okay. I forgive. I like it anyway.

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff – These two are my favorite pinball machine comedians. Great themes and very funny. Scared Stiff can be a time commitment, but since I’ve started letting extra balls drop it’s been a much more reasonable experience. I bought Gorgar when I first found TPA and Monster Bash came with it, but I didn’t even try it for quite some time. When I waded into my opening game of MB it was the first post-1981 pinball game I’ve played since, well, since 1981. Quite a revelation. I was unaware of how pinball had changed. Love it.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm honestly kind of surprised how many people pick T2 over pinbot. I can't figure out that table at all. It seems like it has less depth than some EMs somehow. Different strokes I guess.

My main problem on it used to be that the Super Jackpot really outweighed everything else. I suppose I am playing it worse than I used to, as that doesn't bother me. Now it seems that the left lane up to the top lanes outweighs everything, but it's not so bad. I was hoping that its kickstarter would fail, as I felt bored of it, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Pinbot is a classic, but I find playing it a little bit awkward. I'd much rather be playing Jack*Bot :).

N

netizen

T2 has the Super Jackpot imbalance, and Pin*Bot has the progressive Solar Bonus to throw the score off as well.

I really <3 pin*Bot for an open playfield game that has some good risk/reward, and T2 for a fast game that gives lots of different potential scoring paths; if you can't hit the ramps, there's the loops, or always multi-ball to run up a score.

MOO

Dec 11, 2013
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire ... Close call. CV has some very nice and unique features, but overall, MM has more charm

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur ... EatPM is fun, but Centaur is the table that first got me hooked on pinball: the artwork, the sounds, the gameplay - total pinball!

Theatre of Magic v White Water ... ToM has a cool and interesting theme. WW is one of those tables that I just can't quite get into

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind ... Same answer as ToM vs WW

Ripley's Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars ... Another tough call. RBioN has really grown on me a lot lately (and is definitely more of a "player's" table), but the theme and the humour in AFM just clinches it for me

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone ... After Centaur, TZ is probably the table which has eaten most of my coins in the real world. Both tables are packed with features, but TotAN doesn't have a moment of jaw-dropping epicness to match the powerball...

T2 V Pinbot ... I'm not a huge fan of movie tie-in tables in general, and T2 is no exception. Pinbot, on the other hand, is an absolute classic. Great gameplay, and I LOVE the soundtrack

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff ... I'm a little surprised that I've voted against Elvira twice, but MB is simply better in every department

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire - Love both, but MM gets way more play time.

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur - I love some old tables, and this is one of them. Plus Elvira is nothing special.

Theatre of Magic v White Water - Just too easy. Love me some magic.

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind - Bias as I have played the hell out of CFTBL in real life.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars - AFM is so good.

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone - I know a lot of people love TZ, but I think as far as fun goes, TOTAN has it in buckets.

T2 V Pinbot - Had never played either before TPA gave them to me, pinbot although harsh can be a hell of a lot of fun.

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff - WHo made this match up? SS is such a boring table.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire 37-9
Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur 11-35
Theatre of Magic v White Water 26-20
Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind 21-23
Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars 13-33
Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone 11-33
T2 V Pinbot 26-18
Monster Bash v Scared Stiff 35-11

so we're down to the last 8, whirlwind and centaur are left flying the flag high for the non-dmd tables, can either of them make it to the semi finals? draw on its way...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would have thought white water vs theater of magic would have been the closer match. To answer your question about centaur or whirlwind, either of them could advance to the semifinals if they we're
Arched up against t2. But alas, that I'd not happen in the quarterfinal pairings.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Most of my votes lost... that's what happened at the last UK election. This is why democracy doesn't work!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts