Creature from the Black Lagoon
Attack From Mars
Twilight Zone
Pinbot
Scared Stiff

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Medieval Madness but tough choice. I love the action of Voltaire it´s tight
Elvira and the Party Monsters. No favourite but old classic tables don´t quite do it for me.
Theatre of Magic vs Whitewater. Theatre of Magic is a bit more fair but I don´t understand why I always end my multiballs by draining all three at the same time... But whitewater can be quite drainy too.
Whirlwind Creature has a nice theme but a bit to easy
Ripleys Believe it or Not really great table easy choice. Attack from Mars is a one trick pony.
Tales of the Arabian nights/Twilight Zone it´s a tie I can´t choose.
T2 but hasn´t really digged deep at it. IK enjoy pinbot a lot but there is just more variation in modern tables.
Scared Stiff both being very casual but Scared stiff wins due to the voice comms.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Medieval Madness
Elvira and the Party Monsters
White Water
Whirlwind
Attack From Mars
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Pinbot
Monster Bash

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire - they stole our jugglers

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur - very close...but ultimately, Centaur is just too dark for me

Theatre of Magic v White Water - the thrill of stacking the 5x jackpot multiplier or reaching the vacation jackpot

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind - abstaining; i don't care, both can drop out

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars - RBION (Suuuuuper Jaaaackpooooot!... always brings a wide-eyed smile)

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone - very close...i'm leaning to TZ by a whisker

T2 V Pinbot - such a purty table. PB was part of my mispent youth

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff - again, very close to call.... elvira is such a filthy temptress, isn't she

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire MM never annoys me, I like the humor, and I think FS did a great build

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur Centaur in every way shape and form, digital or real

Theatre of Magic v White Water Haven't played much Wh2O, because it hasn't grabbed me yet. ToM wins by default

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind It's my favorite table and FS did a great job on it. Creature is the table I hate to love.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars Sorry martians, I picked Ripleys over you for the crazy deep rules. Believe it or not!

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone Though TZ doesn't do much for me, TotAN just pisses me off. I think it has more cheap drains than TZ, and that's saying something! TZ by default.

T2 V Pinbot Fast flowing game versus methodical shooting. T2 fills me with happy thoughts. P*B, I hate how it scores, mostly in the bonus. Easy choice for me

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff Poor Elvira, girl just can't get a break! I find MB to be just a way more fun, much deeper table to play

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
Theatre of Magic vs Whitewater. Theatre of Magic is a bit more fair but I don´t understand why I always end my multiballs by draining all three at the same time... But whitewater can be quite drainy too.

Which one have you voted for there?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire - cv is a great table with great design and unique features. MM beats it with a much better theme, the finest humor to be found on a table and some great unique features of its own.

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur any table that has Elvira has a huge advantage right off the bat. Centaur offers better challenge, better multiball, and better art.

Theatre of Magicv White Water - I feel bad for voting against wh20 two times in a row. It is one of the best games but I have to vote against it based on who it is matched up against. It would be getting my vote if it was against almost any other remaining table. I do love the design of theater too much, it's theme and it's tricks.

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind - whirlwind is just too deep and too fun. Creature has its fun and all but just comes up short.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars - when afm first came out, I had thought the Martians wee kind of a cheap toy on an otherwise impressive table. After playing it I understood the intentional cheesiness of them. Rbion may have the one of the deepest rulesets of all time, by like many sterns it just feels sort of cheap, even in digital translation.

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone - tz gives great, challenging gameplay coupled with not only one of the best tv shows of all time but really great integration of it into the table.

T2 V Pinbot - this is the opposite problem from the wh2o vs Tom. I just don't care about either of these that much. Edge goes to t2 for having some cool arnie stuff and a decent multiball setup.

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff - again, scared stiff could easily beat half these tables and has Elvira being utilized even better than her first outing. Both are hilarious. Mb is just more challenging and a much better design.

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Some real tough ones!

Cirqus Voltaire (could have been a tie!)

Theatre of Magic

Attack From Mars

Twilight Zone

Pinbot

Monster Bash

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Medieval Madness
White Water
Attack From Mars
Twilight Zone
Pinbot
Monster Bash

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Medieval Madness - Tough one as I like both themes and the deep rulesets. It could really go either way, but I'll give Medieval Madness the nod because I've played a real one.

Centaur - The stark visuals and great sound design put this head and shoulders above the first Elvira table.

Theatre of Magic - I find the magic theme more appealing, but I enjoy both of these.

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Whirlwind is more accessible (read: I play better), but this one is more fun.

Attack From Mars - No contest, this is a brilliantly designed machine.

Tales of the Arabian Nights - I find Tales much more satisfying to play. It feels less like I'm trying to keep the ball on the table and figure out what to do than the 'Zone.

Pinbot - I'd probably pick Pinbot over everything else on this list, a true pinball legend!

Monster Bash - I enjoy the Elvira tables okay, but this is a better executed theme and a lot more fun.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Medieval Madness - While CV is a great table, with great rules and a great lightshow, Medieval Madness is better. They took our pinball machines!

Centaur - EATPM has a shallow ruleset based around Multiball and the 3m shot. Centaur is Centaur if Centaur = awesome.

Whitewater - Ramps, ramps, a whole bunch of ramps! I like TOM too, but just hearing that 5x Jackpot yodel makes me want to walk away and play it.

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Don't know why so many people are hating on this. Personally, I like the theme, the great music, and the ear-deafening SJ sound.

Ripley's Believe it or Not! - Two of my favorite tables. RBION does better in deep rules, which I frikkin love. And it's my brother's favorite table. AFM is fun too, but it doesn't really have the same feeling to me.

Twilight Zone - TZ seems to be better in anything these days. It's a huge pandemonium getting a whole bunch of modes stacked with a multiball. TOTAN just seems kinda boring to me.

T2 - I HATE the cheap drains in T2, but I love the deep multiball and Payback Time. P*B was one of my favorites, but it gets old after a while.

Monster Bash - Humorous, fun table for everyone. Reminds me of Avengers* in how it plays. Scared Stiff gets boring trying to complete all 6 tales again and again and again and again and again and agaZZZ

*Disclaimer: I actually like Avengers :)

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Medieval Madness v Cirqus Voltaire

Elvira and the Party Monster
s v Centaur

Theatre of Magic
v White Water

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Whirlwind

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Attack From Mars

Tales of the Arabian Nights v Twilight Zone

T2 V Pinbot

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur

Theatre of Magic v White Water - Tough one for me, and I think White Water is a cool table, but ToM is better laid out.

T2 V Pinbot

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff - Even though I think the theme is a little corny, I think Monster Bash is one of the tightest tables on TPA.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Monster Bash - Humorous, fun table for everyone. Reminds me of Avengers* in how it plays. Scared Stiff gets boring trying to complete all 6 tales again and again and again and again and again and agaZZZ

*Disclaimer: I actually like Avengers :)

George Gomez was the designer on both so no surprise having some similar elements. I don't love avengers but I need to play it more. Has some good stuff in it but also some cheap drains. It is way better than xmen!

smb1968

Dec 7, 2013
Medieval Madness
Centaur
White Water
Whirlwind
Attack from Mars
Tales of Arabian Nights
Pinbot
Scared Stiff

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Elvira and the Party Monsters v Centaur

Theatre of Magic v White Water

T2 V Pinbot

Monster Bash v Scared Stiff

Not many that I had trouble picking there...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts