Battle of the Tables - Semi Finals

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
The previous round left me cold because too many favourites dropped out. This is pretty easy, however:

Monster Bash
Theatre of Magic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Dammit. So I'd take MB and MM over TZ every time. I just find them more fun. I'm not a fan of ToM in TPA, but I don't want TZ to win over the other two. So I'm gonna use a little strategy here and tilt the deck more in my favor, even though I think TZ is better than ToM...

Medieval Madness (by the slimmest of margins)
Theatre of Magic (because I don't think TZ should win the whole shebang)

Day

Jan 9, 2013
heck both matchups are really too close to call. i'm flipping a coin!

Merkel says MM
Merkel says ToM

Merkel has spoken

(in a just universe, Pin*Bot would've won the whole shebang)

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
heck both matchups are really too close to call. i'm flipping a coin!

Merkel says MM
Merkel says ToM

Merkel has spoken

(in a just universe, Pin*Bot would've won the whole shebang)

For a second I thought you meant that Angela Merkel was printed on your money...

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Medieval Madness. So easy I don´t understand how Monster Bash got this far though it had easy competition aside of Scared Stiff.

TZ vs Theatre of Magic hard to say but the sound of the TZ wins it over. If it wasn´t for that I would probably gone for Theatre of Magic. But TZ.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Medieval Madness - Great theme. Feels a bit more challenging overall with a tougher to reach wizard mode than MB.
Twilight Zone - Love the theme, show, gameplay, amazing multi-ball callouts, everything.

MOO

Dec 11, 2013
So you voted out Centaur in the last round? Bad move, humans...

MM vs MB ... I like MM, I really do. There's plenty of humour, and lots of things to shoot at. But watch some PAPA tournament videos, and it's just castle, castle, castle, start multiball to shoot at the castle some more... MB on the other hand, still has as much (if not more) humour, but really rewards the player for making ALL the shots on the table. Starting all the monster modes (one at a time, or all at once!) to get to Bash is just too good to pass up. I haven't managed to get as far as Rock yet. Nor have I unlocked Lyman's Lament the hard way. Maybe once I achieve both of those I'll take a break to shoot some castles, but until then, MB gets the nod from me

TZ vs ToM ... ToM is a really nice table with a great theme, and holy crap - it's got a magna-save! Why don't all tables have a magna-save? Well, maybe they'd all feel the same, but you really need that magna-save in ToM because it's so damn drainy. And that's probably ToM's biggest downfall for a player of my limited skills - the draininess... I played TZ a lot back in the day, and most of my games were over extremely quickly. That didn't change much when I got TPA, but it's still one of my most played tables. I'm so glad it was included in the time limit tournament, because it gave me the incentive to learn how to play it properly, and to understand the different modes. I was happy enough just flailing away on it, but now I've actually got to LitZ a few times - something I never would have believed possible just a few weeks ago. TZ just has so much to offer players of all levels of expertise - powerball, magna-flippers, and that creepy voice which goes into an Evil Dead meltdown when you activate multiball. It's just a ton of fun!

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Medieval Madness - Because I find it much harder to get to wizard mode then MB. Stupid trolls. "Trolls rule"
Theatre of Magic - This one is close. I like TZ and the different features, but once you get the L ramp/R ramp/Piano down, LITZ is pretty easy to get to and games last forever. I have a harder time getting to TOM wizard mode and the game doesn't last forever, so it's TOM for me. "Shoot the Magic Trunk!"

Last edited:

Vaelsh

Apr 20, 2013
Medieval Madness - From the start I have liked MM and not been a huge fan of MB. MM is fun with the great music and gameplay. Never gets old destroying castles bit by bit!
Theatre of Magic - First of all Theatre is my all-time favorite table in TPA or real life. I LOVE this game. I love hearing the cues for the tricks and my favorite sound in pinball is when the ball goes into the trunk and locks with a deep thunderous boom. Excellent theme and never gets old ever. Still like TZ but because of the difficulty and unforgiving nature its hard for me to like it as much as others like ToM.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts