Best in-game use of uses of *thwack*

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Best in-game use of *thwack*

In anticipation of TAF coming to TPA, I'd like to suggest that TAF's use of the knocker thwack sound when you "hit cousin it" is the best use of the knocker sound in-game ever.

dmdcousinit4.jpg

TAF also uses the sound during Seance too.

dmdseance.jpg

AFM uses the sound perfectly too:

AFM%20-%20Extra%20Ball.gif

Other memorable uses in other pins?

Last edited:

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
It's not a thwack but my favorite sound effect is locking ball one on Cactus Canyon and the kid on the tracks going "Helllllllppppppp"..and if anything else is going on when you lock ball one you don't get to hear it, so absence makes the heart grow fonder

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It wasn't pinball, but it was from Gottlieb. Anytime something fell off the pyramid in Q*Bert, that thwack coming from inside the cab was perfect. Yes, I know they made a pinball, but it's best we all pretend that never happened.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I remember playing a few times on Q*Bert machines that had a defective (or simply disabled by the arcade) "thwacker" (or knocker) and it just wasn't the same. If I remember correctly, a "splat" sound was also played in conjunction with the "thwack". Very effective and ingenius use of available technology.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
For me, the best *best* use of the replay solenoid was in Williams' Indiana Jones when you got the replay.

It was perfectly timed on screen with a whip crack just as the whip tail breaks the sound barrier.

fwwwoooooowwwh-CRACK!

Made getting the replay that much more satisfying.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.