Beta 1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok thanks for the help =) I know what it is now but what to do...sleep good and we can try again tomorrow

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Agree still jerky on the N10. Twilight Zone and other tables are still buttery smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

K

Korven

I actually like the hud on FP! Small enough to ignore but still there if score needs to be checked. How about an option for hud size?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
it was actually a bug (the hud that is). It will appear larger as intended. No time for an option this time around but we can look into that.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok a new Dr. Dude is up, we yanked out one of the wires (the yellow one). Let me know if that makes it any better.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Just had a quick game. Once again performance on my ancient phone is slightly improved but still not as fluent as on the other tables. Kinda like HD3D now.

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
DRDude on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is slow as well. Not as bad as the first build but still noticeably slower than all tables. Elvira PM has never been as smooth as other tables on the SGN10.1 either.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok we made an internal decision to rip them out for now for Android and offer then as a higher lod option when I am allowed time to do so. Sorry guys for those of you that could push it, we will add this back later since its not a function piece.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok the file should be purged and you should see an improvement....bloody hell this table

N

netizen

ok the file should be purged and you should see an improvement....bloody hell this table

Nexus 10 starts out blazing fast, multi ball slams it into slow gear. Stuttering starts after that.
It's like there is some tracer effect happening when the ball gets moving quickly after a few games.

I am almost tempted to install an Android SDK, among other tools, and log OpenGL traces here, but I have no idea if that would even provide you with any useful infos or if I can do it in a timely fashion, lol

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah that won't work it has to be in debug, but I appreciate the thought. If multiball is slowing it down thats a cpu side thing. Very odd indeed, I will keep an eye out. At least we are moving in the right direction, but I have to switch gears here and leave it as is until we get our N10 delivered.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah they are, when I say cpu thread thats basically what I am talking about. That thread does a few other things but nothing considerable.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
ok we made an internal decision to rip them out for now for Android and offer then as a higher lod option when I am allowed time to do so. Sorry guys for those of you that could push it, we will add this back later since its not a function piece.
Bummer. But, do what you gotta do, right?

Really looking forward to those higher end options being implemented.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I have one thing left to try before I profile when we get our N10, going to make a build and post it. Stay tuned...

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Haven't got my N10 with me at the moment Ryan.

Maybe this and RBioN need the same optimisations.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
it seems to be multiple issues =\ this will be much easier when I have one as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts