Beta 1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

Dr dude, still got the mix master camera issue, mainly on the gazillion shot for some reason.

Nexus 7 with JB 4.2.2

superpin

Jan 28, 2013
Sv: Beta 1.11.0

Dr Dude, Nexus 10 stock 4.2.1. Bad camera angle during multiball, cutting out the lower part of the playfield including the flippers.

Skickat från min Nexus 10 via Tapatalk 2

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sweet, thanks guys! Glad we could get that sorted. We should be getting one here pretty soon fedex (a N10 that is) so hopefully I can sort out the wire business.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Can't say I've had any issues running the beta or the tables. I did have the Firepower plunger camera issue (weak plunge doesn't move the camera off the plunger lane, ball drains).

There is a little bit of flickering of some sort with background of the lower part of Dr Dude's table. The blue/white part keeps flickering, horizontally, starting where the pattern starts to integrate the white with the blue. This isn't constant, just for a few seconds, then stabilizes. Then it will randomly start again while the ball is in motion. I've noticed it consistently as the ball comes down from the mixmaster. It's also more apparent on camera angles 2 and 3. I'm assuming it's the table being redrawn, and since that portion of the table, in camera 4, looks like it's white and blue dots, that the game seems to be having some trouble drawing the lower portion of the area.

Nexus 7 on 4.2.2.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Well looks like we are going to prepare for the release, thanks again for all the beta testing you guys really helped as always!

Thanks for all your hard work Ryan.
Without you and the entire Farsight team we wouldn't have this excellent project to be so picky about :p

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Galaxy S3
Only problem I have is the same I've had for quite a few releases.
Game plays smooth mostly but will start stuttering, usually starts right before something triggers a notification. To fix it I used to just hit the home button and go back into the app. Still do that to fix but have to do it 2 or three times sometimes now.

Ball Physics on FP are amazing. Ball feels a lot more weighty, flippers are improved. Not quite there but markedly improved.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok, that will have to go to Mike I think, I have run out of ideas and thats not my bit of code. Thanks for the report.

Dr dude, still got the mix master camera issue, mainly on the gazillion shot for some reason.

Nexus 7 with JB 4.2.2

Day

Jan 9, 2013
There is a little bit of flickering of some sort with background of the lower part of Dr Dude's table. The blue/white part keeps flickering, horizontally, starting where the pattern starts to integrate the white with the blue. This isn't constant, just for a few seconds, then stabilizes. Then it will randomly start again while the ball is in motion. I've noticed it consistently as the ball comes down from the mixmaster. It's also more apparent on camera angles 2 and 3. I'm assuming it's the table being redrawn, and since that portion of the table, in camera 4, looks like it's white and blue dots, that the game seems to be having some trouble drawing the lower portion of the area.

You're right.... i'd seen before too but not really registered it...

Portrait mode, camera view 3 locked. The flicker is a band of disturbance that extends horizontally across the playfield, level with the bottom fixing posts for the slingshots. I see this disturbance at ball plunge as the ball is exiting from behind the molecular mixer and travelling down table. It also happens when the ball is ejected from the molecularmixer and travelling down the chute. once the ball reaches the level of the visual disturbance, the flickering band will disappear.

also Nexus 7 but with 4.2.1

K

Korven

Ok, that will have to go to Mike I think, I have run out of ideas and thats not my bit of code. Thanks for the report.

yeah, it's strange, regular mulitball is rarely a problem.

Edit: how about a option to turn zoom off?

Last edited:

jordyn11

Feb 9, 2013
Only very minor attract mode fly over stutter in portrait orientation in Dr Dude. Landscape flyover is butter smooth.

I am still getting minor stuttering on Dr Dude in Portrait flyover (most noticeable after a game) and also slightly after a plunger shot and the table scrolls up rapidly. Latest version of tables installed and am on a N7 with 4.2.1 custom ROM. Only a minor issue imo and hopefully can be resolved with the rest of the optimizations going on with the wires etc.

Thanks for all the work, Ryan and team.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
keep in mind there is a lot of overdraw with the flyby, lots of alpha with the habitrail buttons etc (especially on the first time with that history panel)

Edit: Our pleasure!

jordyn11

Feb 9, 2013
Understand.

Like I say only minor and does not distract from actual playing, certainly on my device anyways.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
strange...i always associated smoothness quotient with babies bottoms.... never with butter ..... Now OOH, Australian cricketer's fingers :)

Now I know what to get you for Christmas:

imsmoothlikebutterp1481.jpg

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
You're right.... i'd seen before too but not really registered it...

Portrait mode, camera view 3 locked. The flicker is a band of disturbance that extends horizontally across the playfield, level with the bottom fixing posts for the slingshots. I see this disturbance at ball plunge as the ball is exiting from behind the molecular mixer and travelling down table. It also happens when the ball is ejected from the molecularmixer and travelling down the chute. once the ball reaches the level of the visual disturbance, the flickering band will disappear.

also Nexus 7 but with 4.2.1
I get this too but didn't know how to describe. Exact same issue and device but with jellybean 4.2.2.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
I can't find the old post, so I'll just post it again...

Sometimes there is a lag while trying to pull up the leaderboards, but it also causes lag at game-ends. Sometimes if the lag doesn't subside, it can cause TPA to crash. I think this was supposedly fixed in one of the last releases, but I still get it from time to time.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Now I know what to get you for Christmas:

thank you Jeff... i don't know if i should feel honoured or offended?

that thing is just like so ...errm.... it's so unusual and i love it! ;-)

.... it's a tea-cosy right ? not for teapots, but for slices of yellow plastic toast ?
I suppose i could always stick on my head during the cold winter months.... but how to explain to passers by?

we're not getting slightly OT here are we ? ;-)

(i'm also sure there's a great meme here somewhere, but unfortunately nothing comes to mind....
back to the bug-squashing (also fun))

N

netizen

Did anyone else notice during this beta process that you can complete Standard and Wizard goals in the same game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.