BK2K visuals drive me crazy..

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
night, get an iPadAir... It's not cheap but you will NOT regret, believe me!
I think the main issue is why the new update now causes stuttering while the previous version does not. If everyone had the means to run out and buy a new iPad when their favorite app performs worse because of an update (either on the app developers end or Apple themselves with iOS updates), Apple would be extremely happy, I'm sure.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I just played one game of BK2000 after this new update.
On multi ball the camera view is stuck on lower play-field the camera never goes to upper play-field during Multi-ball. I played it in portrait mode on IOS iPad 3 with the new update.
Boo!!!
I hate updates!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Great update, now I have stuttering/framerate issues on BK2K on my iPad2.... table is unplayable, what the f.
Same frame rate decrease on iPad mini (NOT the retina which does not have these issues) on BK2K and especially Whirlwind (which was ALWAYS strangely susceptible to performance issues). I did some testing and here's what I found...TPA v3.3.0 runs both of these tables just fine with *very minor* framerate issues. v3.3.1 OTOH introduces much more pronounced framerate issues on these two tables (the only two I tested). I reverted back to v3.3.0 and the performance improved back to what I saw previously.

Remember that the iPad mini 1st gen is essentially an iPad 2 so what I'm seeing on my mini is likely what you're seeing on your iPad 2.

So something is definitely up with the app since going back to the previous version fixes it.

@night: If you have the previous version of TPA (v3.3.0), you may want to delete v3.3.1 from the iPad and reinstall v3.3.0 to resolve the issue. Remember to back up your scores...and you'll need to re-download all of the tables again as well.

Maybe I should see if my TestFlight account is still active. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
@night: If you have the previous version of TPA (v3.3.0), you may want to delete v3.3.1 from the iPad and reinstall v3.3.0 to resolve the issue. Remember to back up your scores...and you'll need to re-download all of the tables again as well.

Maybe I should see if my TestFlight account is still active. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback MadScience. I have no idea how to revert back to the previous version, I just updated the app, not sure if this can be undone. :( What a drama, almost all tables play crap! I have been in this situation before after the iOS update a year or so ago, but this is even worse, everything is affected.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I have no idea how to revert back to the previous version, I just updated the app, not sure if this can be undone.
If you've connected the iPad to the Mac with 3.3.1 and synced/transferred purchases with the iPad connected recently, the version in your iTunes Library will be at 3.3.1. Updating apps/transferring purchases/syncing will put the previous version in the trash. It may still be there...in the meantime:

1. Open iTunes, go to your Library/Apps and find TPA. Check it's version number by secondary clicking on it and select "Get Info". If it's at 3.3.0, do nothing. This is the version you want. If it's at 3.3.1, delete it. This is the version you don't want...secondary click on it and select "Delete".

2. Next, check to see if 3.3.0 (if 3.3.1 was in your Library and you deleted it) is in your trash. Don't empty it since if you do, it will REALLY be gone. The app should be named "Pinball Arcade 3.3.0.ipa" or similar. The "3.3.0" is the version number of the app. *If* you still have the app in your trash: Secondary-click on "Pinball Arcade 3.3.0.ipa", then select "Copy Pinball Arcade 3.3.0.ipa" from the drop-down and copy it to a known location on your hard drive.

To revert to 3.3.0:

1. On your iPad, delete TPA (backup your scores)

2. Copy TPA 3.3.0 from the saved location in step 2 above to your iTunes Library. You can simply drag it over and it will be copied.

To install TPA 3.3.0 back to the iPad:

1. Connect iPad to iTunes
2. Open your Library/Apps
3. Find TPA and drag it onto your device (shown in the iTunes Sidebar)

If for some reason, your iTunes Sidebar is hidden/not shown, unhide it under View>Show Sidebar
You'll need to reinstall all your tables as well.
Good luck!

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. The thing is, I almost never attach my iPad to my Mac, so I have no recent back-up from a previous version of TPA. I'll guess there is nothing more to it than wait for a fix from FarSight.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

No problem, buddy. I've always kept previous versions of apps/software due to my beta testing background. I realize though that not everyone does this. Also, it may sound a lot more complicated in my description of the steps involved to revert to a past version. In reality, it's actually pretty easy. Hope that Farsight can find the issue and fix it soon. I have a feeling the issue is related to Whirlwind's performance issues as well since that's the table it seemed to affect the most (at least in my experience).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts