[Black Rose is Out] iOS 3.2.0 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Also no problem here with getting the table, it just showed up in my list of tables after updating the app. My first game (which I always purposely play without looking at the rules, only goal is to keep balls in play) I immediately scored 180M (completing 2 32M Double Broadsides), but after that it kicked my behind. I'm up to 190M now, and start getting the table. I like the flow and contrary to Tyche, I think they did an excellent job with the Cannon rail, it's much less distracting then what I remembered from playing the real life table (but that was in the mid '90's, so I could be wrong). I also like the way the ball drops from the rail, there seems to be some randomness involved, 80% are easily cradled on the right flipper for consecutive shots, but in the remaining 20% it trickles over the edge of the flipper when you try. This is the same for the Whirlpool ramp, I had some balls trapped with only holding the left flipper upright, but most balls just trickled over requiring a right flipper save. Shooting consecutive shots to that ramp is quite difficult. Shooting both the cannon and hitting the top "broadside" hole from the flippers are precision affairs that will require a lot of games to get consistently good at. I like the ramp and loop layout, especially shooting from the right upper flipper. I haven't played enough to give it a full review but I think Farsight got this one right! I'll look for the strategy post, but my first impression is that shooting the pirate cove for locks, starting multiball (2 or 3), collecting the "Sink Ship" letters, and sinking ships for exponential point rewards is one way to go. When you're very good at shooting the top hole, then Double Broadside is also a nice scoring option. No big wizard mode sadly, as far as I know. So it will be a patient thing to get in the higher scoring regions.

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Please, what am I doing wrong!?! I've had maybe two or three games above 40M, out of enough to get me in trouble with The Wife. I've tried sittin' and shootin' for sinking the ship, but it keeps gettin' the best of me. And that bar down the middle, who's idea was that??

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I'm up to 407M now, this is what I do:

Start with skillshot (3rd red mark) then drain then plunge to locker, cannon to pirate cove every time

Try for whirlpool EB but don't worry about it. Priority is sinking ships so get into MB, relock one, and milk the ramps. Try to get as many as poss, not just one ships worth, as they stack.

Now keep using upper flipper loops to open locker and get in there and sink ships. That's 90% of what I do.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I'm up to 407M now, this is what I do:

Start with skillshot (3rd red mark) then drain then plunge to locker, cannon to pirate cove every time

Try for whirlpool EB but don't worry about it. Priority is sinking ships so get into MB, relock one, and milk the ramps. Try to get as many as poss, not just one ships worth, as they stack.

Now keep using upper flipper loops to open locker and get in there and sink ships. That's 90% of what I do.

407M? I hate you. (but in a nice, non-threatening way...)

night

May 18, 2012
I really like the DMD of the shark that goes after this guy, and that you have to flipper as fast as possible to make him swim for his life. Because I like animals I always let the shark win.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I can't understand why zen and pinball hd have great sound and volume and tpa sucks on iPhone and iPad

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I can't understand why zen and pinball hd have great sound and volume and tpa sucks on iPhone and iPad

It could be just the nature of TPA's emulation probably taking alot more CPU than the other apps you mentioned which I doubt are emulations of anything. Hardware Emulation is known to take alot of CPU so rather than having the ball/table/movement and other more necessary things suffer, they've likely chosen to have the audio suffer instead. That's just my gut feeling but I've been into the emulation scene since before MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) became big. Sound and/or sound quality is usually the LAST thing on the devs mind and is usually the worst aspect of the emulation.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Fun table, but I keep getting ripped off on my high scores due to a bug where it gets stuck in name entry mode after I've entered my initials. There's absolutely no way to get out of it (the name entry controls eventually go away, but after that entire screen stops responding to input), so my score never gets recorded (nor do I get the table goals or hall of fame points). Yet another screw up by FarSight.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Yes, the 'ships sunk' champion (pointless as it resets anyway after each game, in standard version anyway). Annoying I agree but they will fix it. To get round it, you have to wait for the initials screen to appear after you put initials in for score. It will come after 20 seconds or so.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Fun table, but I keep getting ripped off on my high scores due to a bug where it gets stuck in name entry mode after I've entered my initials. There's absolutely no way to get out of it (the name entry controls eventually go away, but after that entire screen stops responding to input), so my score never gets recorded (nor do I get the table goals or hall of fame points). Yet another screw up by FarSight.

Workaround 1-
Enter your initials for highscore, then if 'most ships sunk' is achieved, there is a pause on the DMD, do not touch the middle 'select' button during this pause (try not to touch anything). After about 5 seconds the initials scroll will reappear, its now safe to enter your initials as normal.

Workaround 2-
Wait out both timers - touch nothing.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Finally beat the high score. Couldn't enter my initials.

Guess I'll have to play again.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Why does the cannon sound like a car peeling out? The more I play this table the more this sound effect is driving me nuts!

Alex-NL

Jul 3, 2013
Great pinball!
Have played it a lot!
Just 1 thing.... Special (30M) and replay for extra ball don't give the extra ball.
Heard it from a friend too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts