BlahCade Podcast #1 - The Pilot

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Alright folks, earlier this week we recorded the "pilot episode" of our podcase and it's now available to download HERE.

This episode was basically a trial run, and most of us were new to Google Hangouts which is what we used to record. We had some technical issues getting and keeping everything working (most of which I edited out), but thanks to Jared for saving the day and guiding us through it all.

Next time we plan to have more voices (some of our main dudes weren't available or didn't have things set up yet), and I'm sure we'll get more laid back and comfortable as we go. We'll definitely come up with some fun and interesting segments, and that sort of thing. This was just to get the ball rolling. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Awesome! I'll add it to the list shortly.

Sorry to be picky but you may want to change the title, its currently ' The The Pinball Arcade Barcade Podcast ' :D

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Awesome! I'll add it to the list shortly.

Sorry to be picky but you may want to change the title, its currently ' The The Pinball Arcade Barcade Podcast ' :D

Ahhh, I see what you mean. Fixed.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well, I'm just going to establish a drinking game here and now...

Every time I say , "Uh", take a drink. 2 minutes into the podcast you'll be thoroughly hammered. By the end of it, you should be blackout drunk!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Every time I say , "Uh", take a drink. 2 minutes into the podcast you'll be thoroughly hammered. By the end of it, you should be blackout drunk!

I didn't even notice.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Everyone is their own worst critic. I'd trade voices and speaking ability with you in a heartbeat.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Just listened to the podcast and LOVED it! You guys all have great voices and very interesting points to make. I'm a big fan of Jared's Australian accent btw. Looking forward to more of these and the Q&As with Far Sight!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
That was really good! You guys have good chemistry to have a nice natural chat. I prefer my podcasts to sound like a natural conversation and not fake radio voices or hammy vibes.

What was the game or table idea that someone had that you shared with Bobby? I didn't follow that part.

Chris, your uh's weren't distracting. It's a hard habit to break but you can do it with practice if you want to. The brain does better if you substitute something else every time you feel an uh coming on. Something like twiddling a pencil between your thumb and index finger. Obviously you don't want to do something that makes noise. But that's only if you want to. It wasn't bad.

I look forward to the next one!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Alright folks, earlier this week we recorded the "pilot episode" of our TPA Barcade Podcast and it's now available to download HERE.

This episode was basically a trial run, and most of us were new to Google Hangouts which is what we used to record. We had some technical issues getting and keeping everything working (most of which I edited out), but thanks to Jared for saving the day and guiding us through it all.

Next time we plan to have more voices (some of our main dudes weren't available or didn't have things set up yet), and I'm sure we'll get more laid back and comfortable as we go. We'll definitely come up with some fun and interesting segments, and that sort of thing. This was just to get the ball rolling. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Thanks for doing the editing on this, Jeff. It was great to have a voice conversation with you and Chris. Hopefully more folks can join next time. Using hangouts makes it easy, and the multi-conference features of the service are awesome.

Not to mention the funny hats... but you'd have to join to see what I mean. ;-)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not sure what you guys have planned but there's so much you could talk about the hardest part will be deciding what not to talk about. Here's just a few suggestions though;

The latest Farsight TPA news
Pick and talk about a TPA table each episode including a bit of a players guide
Discuss the more popular forum topics
Real world pinball news
Most wanted tables
Shameful outstanding bug of the week ( in a playful way )
You could have Farsight employees on occasionally ( besides Bobby! )

Etc etc

I'm confident you guys know what your doing and can see this growing into something big.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not sure what you guys have planned but there's so much you could talk about the hardest part will be deciding what not to talk about. Here's just a few suggestions though;

Real world pinball news
Most wanted tables

Etc etc

I'm confident you guys know what your doing and can see this growing into something big.

Great suggestions! I'm sure one or two of those will work there way in.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Real world pinball news
Most wanted tables

Etc etc

Great stuff. If they put these things in, it'll actually sound like a legitimate talk show.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Hi guys, nice opening episode. Will look forward to seeing (maybe that should be hearing!) how this develops.

I'm not sure that I agree with the view that SAM would elimate half of the user base. I see it more as adding another string to the TPA bow. I think TPA really needs to keep moving forward and SAM would open up a whole new avenue, in terms of not just new tables for us to play, but also in terms of marketing, promotion and licensing abilities. Plus the list of devices that will be able to handle SAM emulation, is only going to keep growing in the future.

On the subject of what happens when most of the popular tables have been covered, again SAM could really open things up.

And I'm not sure I have as much interest in the construction kit idea, as I do in seeing the currently released tables being refined and improved further. In my experience, constuction kits rarely achieve what they intend to. If it does, then great, I'd love to get involved in designing my own tables and stuff. But I'd like to see a clear focus on improving what has already been achieved with TPA. Meaning, better graphics, physics etc, etc. within all of the top tables released.

What's the plan for this sort of thing in the future? Perhaps a topic for another episode. :)

Members online

Members online