BlahCade Podcast #11 - Bobby King Interview (TAF Kickstarter)

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Finally had the time to listen to the podcast, great pod guys, and big thanks to Bobby for making himself available! I too was surprised that he was unaware if sound issue remaining on PS4! Glad it was addressed and hope it will be looked/listened too, and remedied! As for PS4 friends leaderboards, I haven't noticed anything missing, seems to be good! Remember you must filter weekly, monthly, all time leader boards amongst friends.
Looking forward to a successfull TAF Kickstarter! I think we will be pleasantly surprised at the price to reach goal...not as high as some think it will be.

Keep flipping, and stay away from TILT!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Stupid question about the emulation: what exactly will it change? I know it's great to havve the real rom behind everything and all, but will I know the difference between an emulated and a "perfectly scripted" table?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Stupid question about the emulation: what exactly will it change? I know it's great to havve the real rom behind everything and all, but will I know the difference between an emulated and a "perfectly scripted" table?
Yep you will, because none of the scripted tables in TPA are currently "perfectly scripted". 😉

On Black Knight, you'll notice much better light shows, and greater reliability in game code behavior.

On Gorgar, you'll notice better reliability with sound calls.

Firepower will probably not have the infinite bonus score issue.

Black Hole will probably get better sounds and greater reliability in game code behavior.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yep you will, because none of the scripted tables in TPA are currently "perfectly scripted". ��

On Black Knight, you'll notice much better light shows, and greater reliability in game code behavior.

On Gorgar, you'll notice better reliability with sound calls.

Firepower will probably not have the infinite bonus score issue.

Black Hole will probably get better sounds and greater reliability in game code behavior.

Thanks for the info.

I have realized that "Black Knight" plays so funky, and still has a few bugs in it that never got fixed. Plus, the artwork isn't very good either. It could definitely use a pick-me-up.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
can i just troll here and say this is the worst uninformed pos ive ever not kistened to yet

love ya boys

scaring thing is its actually getting more popular

i should make a guest apperance like joan rivers to syts johnny carson

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Groundhog Day is a Sony property. Table would only have one mode and you have to play it over and over again for 1000 years.

On a serious note Last Action hero is one. They already got Arnold's blessing once

that one seems like a real possibility.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Groundhog Day is a Sony property. Table would only have one mode and you have to play it over and over again for 1000 years.

On a serious note Last Action hero is one. They already got Arnold's blessing once

that one seems like a real possibility.

That is a really good table. Would love to see it. Starship Troopers would be another cool one, they would only need to get the likenesses and the author of the original book to get on board.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That is a really good table. Would love to see it. Starship Troopers would be another cool one, they would only need to get the likenesses and the author of the original book to get on board.

Heinlein? Well, he's dead (since 1988), for starters. Also, the book and the movie share a name and a concept of space marines fighting bugs... and very little else.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
With this licensing deal from Sony, I'm really hoping for Krull. Though the film didn't do well in the theaters it has developed a cult status. But that's not why I think it would sell well. I think it would do pretty good because, even many of the hard core pinball players that don't always speak so well of FarSight (on Pinside especially) would probably buy this one. Why? Because how many people have played it? It's super rare and with three playfield's not much out there like it. And, unlike Goin' Nuts, Krull is a "normal" pinball table and doesn' have sound effects that sound like fingernails on a chalk board. On top of all that, it's a Gottlieb that even the haters can understand why it's in TPA. Just my little push for this one.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Heinlein? Well, he's dead (since 1988), for starters. Also, the book and the movie share a name and a concept of space marines fighting bugs... and very little else.

Good info. I didn't bother checking who wrote it. I thought the movie was pretty entertaining and from what I remember the pinball was a lot of fun despite all the giant toys and such. The fact the author died could go both ways but that might make negotiations easier! Even if there is nothing in common but the title, the source material has to be accounted for, just like they mentioned on the Addams Family. Hopefully it would be an easy win. I'd like to see that table appear.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Oh, sure, I'd love to see Starship Troopers. It helps I've played the table for real; I'm always going to be biased in that regard.

I love the movie, it's great fun, the book is slower and full of very right-wing/fascist politics, the action in the book is secondary to the political message. I guess you could say the movie took the fun/action bits of the book and amped them up, whilst severely toning down the political aspects almost to non-existence.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Going back to what was said about the VS. mode, will FS ever add the score chaser feature that PInball FX has, its such a rush when it pops up telling you that your X amount of point away from a friend and then again when you surpass them. Make it happen FarSight

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Because how many people have played it? It's super rare and with three playfield's not much out there like it.

I've played it. It's not bad, not great. I found it a bit easy, in that I probably had a 5 minute game first time out. I enjoyed getting the lower play field, but it is no different than playing on the mini fields of other pins. The top field was like that of other tables of the era.

From a rare standpoint, yeah. But I enjoyed playing King Kong way more. Orbitor 1 is a rare pin too, but that doesn't mean it's good! Not trying to rain on the parade, but some of these rare tables ( of which I've been very fortunate to put some time on) are nothing more than novelties quickly tired of.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As for PS4 friends leaderboards, I haven't noticed anything missing, seems to be good! Remember you must filter weekly, monthly, all time leader boards amongst friends.

There are no Friends leaderboards on the PS4 and its been this way since launch. I'm not sure what you're referring to, but you can scroll through the Weekly, Monthly and All Time tabs by pressing L1 and the My Score and Overall tabs by pressing L2. There is no tab for Friends.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Audio extraction isn't me, so I can't comment on how long it'll take. I also can't comment on how long it would take to implement system 11.

My time would be a few weeks tops for all 3. Just a matter of finding those few weeks.
Sorry for bringing this post up from the dead, but implementing what about System 11? Redoing sound or are you talking about emulation?

Also, put me in the camp of Farsight taking a month or two from releasing a table to get all the other loose ends (emulation, PC DX11, art fixes, sound fixes, new GUI) tied up. I could happily go without it if I knew at the end of it was a better overall product :)

PS. It was a fantastic episode, SYT/Jeff. You guys covered all the bases and Bobby did a great job of answering the best he could.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sorry for bringing this post up from the dead, but implementing what about System 11? Redoing sound or are you talking about emulation?

Also, put me in the camp of Farsight taking a month or two from releasing a table to get all the other loose ends (emulation, PC DX11, art fixes, sound fixes, new GUI) tied up. I could happily go without it if I knew at the end of it was a better overall product :)

PS. It was a fantastic episode, SYT/Jeff. You guys covered all the bases and Bobby did a great job of answering the best he could.

You might be happy to go without, but I don't think FarSight would (if you get my drift).

It would be fantastic if FarSight could do the "60 Day Bugfixing Odyssey" and still produce DLC in that period.

They potentially could if they got far enough ahead with DLC runs, but the production schedule doesn't seem to permit that at the moment, according to the info that Norman suggested in his interview.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Re-Black Knight.
As well as the things Jared outlined, It would allow for a pro version with operator settings (which if Farsight ever did emulate BK without doing a pro menu, it would be a travesty).

Once you have a Pro mode you can change the operator settings...
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FDDUqvDc8xI9lGaeA&sig2=4MnWbxIsEhlYN6EIraLGnQ

You can change the ball lock behaviour to make activating the ball lock harder, and change the drop target timing between 6-15secs (factory being 9).
Basically turning this into the ultimate marksmans table.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
There are no Friends leaderboards on the PS4 and its been this way since launch. I'm not sure what you're referring to, but you can scroll through the Weekly, Monthly and All Time tabs by pressing L1 and the My Score and Overall tabs by pressing L2. There is no tab for Friends.

On the PS4 period, or just on TPA on the PS4?

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Yeah, Ghostbusters stood out to me as probably the largest license that would still get a lot of fanfare today. So hoping that would be their first original. Only other franchise I saw that stood out and might be a good one would be Men in Black. While the series isn't as popular as it once was I can see it being a pretty fun original table. But as much as I would love hearing the Danny Elfman music on a table it would be cool to hear the Ecto 1 siren go off and the Ghostbusters theme song playing in attract mode.

Here's a list of all Columbia picture releases if you want to go through it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Columbia_Pictures_films

y'know i think that was kind of thing at the time, back in what, 83? 84? a GB pinball machine? in the middle of the VIDEOGAME arcade revolution?? that the idea that a gb pinball was a little too - well, they made the shortsided decision, obviously. (and hey, this co's called FARsight! :)

i love the bill murray STRIPES idea too - i guess both ideas would have to get big bill's eventual approval, but i think we have a big general consensus, hands down - GB is a -great- idea!! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts