PS3 - Bug Bought the Season One pass - no access to tables!

Jason DuVall

May 23, 2013
I have Pinball Arcade on the 360... enough said about THAT.

When Farsight announced the Season One pass on the PS3, it took me less than a minute to figure out that it was worth my time to jump platform here, and I bought the $40 Pro Pack. I went and installed everything, but I don't have access to any of the tables except the base four. It acknowledges my ownership of those tables, but not any of the rest. However, when I'm scrolling through the tables, it's obvious that it knows that the tables are installed - it plays the music from them, instead of using TOTAN's music.

Any help here? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help at all.

Jason DuVall

May 23, 2013
It lists the Season One tables, but if I try to select anything beyond the starter four, it suggests that I buy the tables or the Season One pack.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It lists the Season One tables, but if I try to select anything beyond the starter four, it suggests that I buy the tables or the Season One pack.

You should send an email to playstation support. You can find the contact on the playstation home page. They are really good with answering those and figuring out the problem. You can also call them. I just prefer the email route. They have helped me with several tech issues with the PS3 and PSN.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I had a feeling this was 1 of the reasons for the seasons :p FS knows it's going to be a looooooong time before Xbox users are going to see anything new so offer them a cheaper way to abandon ship.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Try re-downloading and reinstalling the season pack from your Download List. It could be just a faulty install.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So do you have to buy both the base game for $9.99 and then the 'season one' add-on for $30 bucks more?

From the description on PSN I would say yes. Pretty much anything described as add-on does not include the core game.

Unless you already own the core game.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Although the core game probably not coincidentally happens to be free at the moment for PS+ subscribers.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Interesting, the store gives me a little shopping bag next to the 907 MB Season One pack, even though I didn't buy it--I guess it's because bought all the packs individually. I get a weird error message when trying to download it, though, so I'm gonna try deleting my Pinball Arcade install, then see if I can download it along with the core game.

EDIT: Nope, still get "An error has occurred" when trying to download it. Bleh guess I gotta go re-download all the table packs individually now. ; )

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Interesting, the store gives me a little shopping bag next to the 907 MB Season One pack, even though I didn't buy it

I thought that Season One Pack would be a simple pass, which allows to download each table pack individually. But with a size of 907MB, it's apparently not.

So, I wonder one thing: if you download the Season Pack, is it possible to download one specific table pack individually? (*possible* future DLC tables fixes...:rolleyes: )

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
(*possible* future DLC tables fixes...:rolleyes: )

How do you mean, exactly? I don't think having the Season pack makes Sony any more likely to let them update the individual table packs with bug-fix versions.

I was not-for-real-but-still-kinda-anyway hoping that maybe if I could download the Season Pack it would have updated versions of the tables with bug fixes slipped in, but eh I guess I'd have to pay for it (even though it says "Purchased" on it in my store view, presumably because I own all the tables through buying the individual packs), so nuts to that. : P

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Sorry, it's difficult sometimes for me to be understandable in english.^^

What I want to say:

Let's say Farsight fixes DLC tables in the future [:rolleyes:] (http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4496-PS3-version-2-11?p=75321&viewfull=1#post75321), but that requires a redownload of the table. If you have purchased the individual table pack, it's ok, you redownload it, but if you have purchased the season pack, will you have to download all tables again?

That's why I wonder if the purchase of the Season pack allows to download individual table packs as well (as Season pack is not a pass, it contains actually all tables - 907MB- ).

Interesting, the store gives me a little shopping bag next to the 907 MB Season One pack, even though I didn't buy it--I guess it's because bought all the packs individually.

You have all individual table packs, but you can't download the Season Pack. So, I guess that if you have the Season Pack, you can't download individual packs. But it seems a nonsense for me in both cases.:confused:

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
All the Season Pack does is queue up and download of the DLC tables along with the TPA demo + unlock key.
This is how all of the other companies do it when offering a special deal on PSN.
I.E. Sega Vintage Collection, Neo-Geo Station Bundle. They are the exact same versions too.

If you already own these then try to click on the bundle you will always get an error message. This is done on purpose to keep the buyer from double purchasing the same games.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
So do you have to buy both the base game for $9.99 and then the 'season one' add-on for $30 bucks more?
Yes! You need the base game to play them. If you have PS Plus, you can get the base game for free now.

Think of the "Season 1" add-on as a DLC bundle.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
When PS+ membership ends so does access to the FREE games your better off buying it at a discounted price if you bought the season.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
All the Season Pack does is queue up and download of the DLC tables along with the TPA demo + unlock key.
This is how all of the other companies do it when offering a special deal on PSN.
I.E. Sega Vintage Collection, Neo-Geo Station Bundle. They are the exact same versions too.

If you already own these then try to click on the bundle you will always get an error message. This is done on purpose to keep the buyer from double purchasing the same games.

Ah, that's what I'd assumed, but when I saw the "907 MB" label on it I thought that might be a separate download. Good to know! (I wish they'd let me download it though, that would be handy. The store should really handle this better somehow, though; I mean, I guess it shows as "Purchased" to prevent me from buying in essence I already have, but then it presents me with a Download button, suggesting I can Download it, which apparently I can't--and the completely generic error message doesn't clear that up at all.)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

Ah, that's what I'd assumed, but when I saw the "907 MB" label on it I thought that might be a separate download.

Mmmmmh... If the Season Pack was a simple pass, its size wouldn't be 907MB.

For Warhawk, there was 3 DLC Map Packs. And one or two years later, a Tri-pack DLC was released at a discounted price. I've purchased it. Its size was 100KB, and it just added the three "regular" DLC Map Packs to my PSN download list (I had to download the 3 packs in a row, no queue up or whatever). When I go to the PSN store, I can download the "single" Map packs, even I didn't buy it... because the Tri-pack DLC was just a pass.

So, I presume the TPA Season Pack actually contains all the tables. For someone who didn't have any DLC tables and who purchased the Season pack, it would be interesting to know what was added to his PSN download list: only the 907MB Season Pack or all the individual table packs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts