Can We Be Done With The Gottlieb Premiers Now?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
And that was only his 3rd post! I love it. Perfect level of snark.

Plus he has a wealth of experiences with stepping in dog-piles, pregnant campers, fast-food drive-thrus, and trapper keepers.

I think only the Olive Garden guy could ever top that. Anyone remember him?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Plus he has a wealth of experiences with stepping in dog-piles, pregnant campers, fast-food drive-thrus, and trapper keepers.

I think only the Olive Garden guy could ever top that. Anyone remember him?

Olive Garden will never be topped. Easily my favorite rant of all time.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
once you've won ready set draw 3 or four times on the same ball, it gets quite difficult to win it until you drain again.

But yeah, i'm in the premiere haters camp.

Their design really is rather formulaic.

I've already said all the ones i think are actually good. :) None of them are in TPA yet.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Gladiators is the table for December.

No, we can not be done with the Gottlieb Premieres. Happy Holidays!

Rescue 911, TX Sector, Big Hurt, Bone Busters, Gladiators.

5 out of the last 10 table packs have been Premieres, and not even good ones. I'd maybe hold off on buying any future Season passes if you aren't a fan.

Last edited:

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
Gladiators is the table for December.

No, we can not be done with the Gottlieb Premieres. Happy Holidays!

Rescue 911, TX Sector, Big Hurt, Bone Busters, Gladiators.

5 out of the last 10 table packs have been Premieres, and not even good ones. I'd maybe hold off on buying any future Season passes if you aren't a fan.

...6 of the last 40. 6! Extrapolated further, there are 11 Premier tables in TPA. 11 out of 80 tables - 13.75%. Seriously mate, contextually you're in a huff over nothing.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
That's a fair way to look at it, but another way to look at it is that there are so many tables that are much, much better and far more deserving of one of the very limited spots available in TPA. We get 12ish tables a year and who knows how many more seasons of TPA we can expect?

The reason there has been so few Premiers up until this year is pretty clear: They aren't very good and they aren't very popular. For that matter, even the Premieres that are good hsve been passed over. I will say that I thought Gladiators was kinda cool the one time I played it on location, but that was before I was exposed to a lot more games that helped shape my idea of what good pinball is.

I will buy it, I buy every pack to support Farsight's efforts and give each table a fair shake. It's still disappointing know how many fantastic tables are out there that will never make it to TPA. Thing is, as much as I believe in voting with your wallet, I feel like TPA is a case where the only thing I'd be voting for is for Farsight to stop making TPA all-together, and I don't want that.

It would just be a real shame if some of the greats never made it.

On the other hand, now that we have Stern Pinball Arcade we will at least be get more tables every year and some are going to be fantastic, like Ghostbusters. Now if only they'd give us a release date for the other platforms, I'm not very keen about playing on the PS4 so far... it's kind of busted and the landscape camera combined with the resolution and dark lighting make it pretty hard to see comfortably.

Last edited:

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I understand what you're saying but none of us here know what contracts are like with Williams, Stern, Bally, Gottlieb, etc. As has been said in other places is the reason we see more Premiers right now because the Williams contract is running out? We don't know. We also don't know the first thing about licensing costs when it comes to Premier tables (Freddy and Stargate). And until the time comes when we do, I say don't bite the hand that feeds.

I'm fortunate to live in a city that has a lot of pinball around but I still use TPA nearly every day. Here in Melbourne, each game on a pinball machine costs $2 (or 3 for $5 on a Stern) so I'll generally go out on a Friday and spend $20 plus a couple drinks. $20 plus a couple drinks is essentially the same price to me as a season of TPA in which I get unlimited plays for the rest of my life. So give me Premiers, give me Williams, Bally, Stern, I don't care. Just give me a new pinball game to play every month.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
pffft youd think you were an actual pinball fan:p its easy to fall into being jaded about these things but step back and realise our inner child would have killed for any of this, wonderous times...a global community a game delivered to your door monthly for the price of a coffee....its like the future dude

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I'm fortunate to live in a city that has a lot of pinball around but I still use TPA nearly every day. Here in Melbourne, each game on a pinball machine costs $2 (or 3 for $5 on a Stern) so I'll generally go out on a Friday and spend $20 plus a couple drinks. $20 plus a couple drinks is essentially the same price to me as a season of TPA in which I get unlimited plays for the rest of my life.
you can also compare prices for simcity and building real town, because this experience as close to real as tpa to real pinball

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
...6 of the last 40. 6! Extrapolated further, there are 10 Premier tables in TPA. 10 out of 80 tables - 12.5%. Seriously mate, contextually you're in a huff over nothing.
your counting is not fair because Premier and Gottlieb is the same thing - so need to be counted as one

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
HAH didnt ya know were all living in a simulation anyway? so your pinball isnt the REALLY REAL pinball, why dont you go unlock the mysteries of the universe and play a real game! enjoy the game and stopcomparing apples to oranges! its a digital pinball game and the best we have in terms of fully licsensed classic tables...theres many things to ***** about in a constructive way but try playing the game if your not having fun are you payin just to moan? think about it...

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
HAH didnt ya know were all living in a simulation anyway? so your pinball isnt the REALLY REAL pinball, why dont you go unlock the mysteries of the universe and play a real game! enjoy the game and stopcomparing apples to oranges! its a digital pinball game and the best we have in terms of fully licsensed classic tables...theres many things to ***** about in a constructive way but try playing the game if your not having fun are you payin just to moan? think about it...
it is exactly what i mean: pls stop compare apples and oranges - real thing and tpa prices.
btw which "licsensed classic" you mean? - big hurt without reebok plastics, or tables without original songs, maybe frankenstein with DMD animations cuted out, repainted taf?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
in terms of the overall product i find that to be very nit picking, all i can suggest if your that unhappy with its quirks and quality just move onto another product maybe visual pinball would suit your tastes better? you can tweak those to your hearts content and if you have the skill set make your own or improve others stuff!

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
in terms of the overall product i find that to be very nit picking, all i can suggest if your that unhappy with its quirks and quality just move onto another product maybe visual pinball would suit your tastes better? you can tweak those to your hearts content and if you have the skill set make your own or improve others stuff!
pls stop to suggest me play other games especially those ones what i'm already play.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
your counting is not fair because Premier and Gottlieb is the same thing - so need to be counted as one

It's not the same company actually. Premier, as far as I'm aware, is a separate company which bought rights to the Gottlieb name. Most people here do not complain about Gottlieb EM or SS, only Premier. So making the distinction is more than adequate.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
pls stop to suggest me play other games especially those ones what i'm already play.

I've always hated that. You're just trying to voice an opinion about TPA, and you get rebuffed with the equivalent of "Do you like Chinpokomon? Then you're going to go wild for "Wild Wacky Action Bike!""

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I'd say that any IRL pinball is inherently fun simply because you've always got the feel and the physics working for you. When it comes to TPA or any simulation, you're far more reliant on great rulesets and artwork for your enjoyment. I don't personally get much from playing most EMs in TPA because the physical nudging and precision flipping are the things that translate less well. Likewise, most of the Premier and Gottlieb tables don't have rulesets that hold my interest as well as the equivalent Bally and Williams tables. There's a reason the great designers of Bally and Williams tables are so highly thought of. What Steve Ritchie, Pat Lawlor, Brian Eddy, John Popadiuk etc. did wasn't easy and sadly the Premier tables just can't compete with the best in terms of depth, flow and polish.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.