Centigrade 37 and Jacks Open Are Live

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just got the new pack. Didn't get a chance to play yet.

Ok, just played some games on each table. Both tables play like EM's (flippers not overly strong, bumpers not as sensitive, lots of unforgiving bounces of iron rails near flippers). Very challenging tables.

Only 'bug' I see is the ball doesn't sit properly in the hole (saucer) on C37. It should sink around halfway in it.

Jacks Open gives us a glimpse of special target selection, especially when going for the royal flush.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I gave Farsight a bloody serve the other day reguarding dates for release on PS4 for the rest of the World,well well well there getting a big bloody compliment for table pack 56 !!! BLOODY FANTASTIC !!! WELL DONE !!! :cool::cool::cool:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Ok, just played some games on each table. Both tables play like EM's (flippers not overly strong, bumpers not as sensitive, lots of unforgiving bounces of iron rails near flippers). Very challenging tables.

Only 'bug' I see is the ball doesn't sit properly in the hole (saucer) on C37. It should sink around halfway in it.

Jacks Open gives us a glimpse of special target selection, especially when going for the royal flush.

Jacks open doesn't have active slingshots.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Oops thought you said C37. Jacks slingshots are meant to work, and were functional in every beta build.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

No mate,
The OP mentioned inactive bumpers. Jacks open isn't meant to have active slings. (see pic) and the beta has always behaved correctly, with bounce only.
b0ca58359ca3310d031e0125426412ba.jpg

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
BTW on both tables the score reels stop at 199,000 (or more accurately, 99,000 after rolling once), but your score keeps getting counted.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
BTW on both tables the score reels stop at 199,000 (or more accurately, 99,000 after rolling once), but your score keeps getting counted.

The real tables went up to 99k on the reels but had a light that lit 100k in the backbox giving 199k max total on the real thing.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Only C37 does that.

Jacks keeps rolling.

(Just posted a 360k game on Jacks and a 199k+ on C37 so can confirm this is how it's working.)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Not live on iOS. I wouldn't expect it to be today, I haven't gotten any updates pushed for any apps today. I think maybe the holiday has something to do with it.

I hope I'm wrong but we probably won't get it on iOS until Monday.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
For once, I'd like the emulation/re-creation to NOT be perfect.

Because no pinball machine should have a score cap. Ever. I hated it on Frankenstein, and I hate it here.

Yes, I know the game still counts points after you hit 199,990 on C37. But I'd like to SEE what my current score is!

Hopefully this can be patched...because I was able to get all the Wizard Goals on both tables less than 30 minutes after the download ended. Now there's no reason to ever play C37 again.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I don't recall getting over 200,000 on a real C37 but I would assume it would work like JO (where I have gotten 283,000 on a live machine) - it lights the 100,000 lamp and keeps rolling over after that. I don't know of any machine where the reels actually stop.

One thing I would like to see is a separate credit/special meter, like on El Dorado. I noticed the other day when playing Central Park with extra balls turned off that specials did not trigger the knocker nor were they kept track of. On that as well as C37 and JO, I'd like to know how many specials I've earned.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Just had a sit-down with both tables. Never played either one IRL, but like last year's EM pack-both are just fun to play. While I can't speak for gameplay accuracy, it's great to play some simple pinball games and look at the table art from around that time period.

That music from the pack #56 trailer should have been included as a possible background noise option LOL!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Hopefully this can be patched...because I was able to get all the Wizard Goals on both tables less than 30 minutes after the download ended. Now there's no reason to ever play C37 again.

Is this how you approach all tables or is it just a general dislike of ems or these tables?

Because well if you arent playing for fun and its more a stats game i think youd be better of with a managment sim!

Its pinball your meant to bat the ball and things go ding! ding! ding!

*ahem*

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
just noticed the flipper hum on centigrade its about bloody time...as i dont have earlier seasons on pc at has this change come to all ems?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Is this how you approach all tables or is it just a general dislike of ems or these tables?

Because well if you arent playing for fun and its more a stats game i think youd be better of with a managment sim!

Its pinball your meant to bat the ball and things go ding! ding! ding!

*ahem*

It's not that--I've hit all the goals on Earthshaker and Xenon, too, and I still like those machines.

It's the score cap. That does not belong in pinball, ever.

Yes, it technically does keep counting up points, but on C37, once I hit 199,990, I can't SEE what my actual score is until the game actually ends!

It made me feel like I had already done absolutely everything there is to do on the game. Other EMs like Jacks Open and El Dorado did not have this problem.

Yes, it's accurate to the actual C37 machine...but for once, I wish it wasn't.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I understand where you are coming from, I guess, but why does it matter if you can see your score before the game ends? Do you get to a certain point and just say "Good enough!" and quit?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts