Centigrade 37 and Jacks Open Are Live

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I understand where you are coming from, I guess, but why does it matter if you can see your score before the game ends? Do you get to a certain point and just say "Good enough!" and quit?

Because it's kinda hard for those who try for the leaderboards (hello, Mr. Oberdieck) to know how well they're doing mid-game. Even if it were one of those things where you had to manually count how many times the game had rolled over, like with Jacks Open, that's preferable to getting stuck at the nine-out.

Also because once I did get to 199,990, and I got the Centigrade 37 Wizard achievement, I thought there was no point in continuing, since it wasn't scoring any more. So I let my remaining balls drain. I only found out it was still scoring "behind the scenes" after my game was over. Had I known it was doing that, I would have kept going.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Gonna have to keep track in your head or wait for the end of the game. At least you get a final at the end of the game. Real pin won't do that for ya.
But it isn't a big problem on the real thing. Much harder to nudge and score on the real deal as everyone probably guessed.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Really enjoying these 2 tables. The demo was way too short but decided to purchase the season anyway. Didn't get chance to play the Android beta so not sure how the steam version compares. Table background art is razor sharp and both tables look stunning (clean and not overly busy with toys). The default lighting on Centigrade is perfect but Jacks is a little over exposed by default (DX11). Good physics on both tables. Wizard goals are surprisingly easy and I've not read the instructions yet.

Bottom line - 2 great tables and surprisingly addictive.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
just noticed the flipper hum on centigrade its about bloody time...as i dont have earlier seasons on pc at has this change come to all ems?

Yep. The hum was added a while ago. I know you've been away due to hardware issues. Are you back?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Yep. The hum was added a while ago. I know you've been away due to hardware issues. Are you back?

my ios account is still of limits, thats early season 5 but i was gifted a season 6...iveissues with steam credit too ...so ill be hopefully fully functional by the new year....im backish! buy me a season *******

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Is this how you approach all tables or is it just a general dislike of ems or these tables?

Because well if you arent playing for fun and its more a stats game i think youd be better of with a managment sim!

Its pinball your meant to bat the ball and things go ding! ding! ding!

*ahem*

So, you mean like Stern's Roller Coaster Tycoon?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
my ios account is still of limits, thats early season 5 but i was gifted a season 6...iveissues with steam credit too ...so ill be hopefully fully functional by the new year....im backish! buy me a season *******

What happened to your ios account?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
nothing the account itself is fine just no bloody hardware....id almost broken down and bought some then apple went and put prices up 10-20 percent....bloody brexit , bad time to be buying tech of any sort really

Nov 18, 2016
Forgive a pinball newbie question... but why do these tables always default to 5 balls when the instruction labels on the tables say 3 balls? I just purchased this pack as a vote for more old school tables. And I'm loving it so far. Thanks!

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Theoretically, they could have separate images to display the appropriate rules card for 3 or 5 ball depending on the setting, but might not be worth the trouble as the in-game instructions give more details than the rules card.

However, since the in-game instructions detail the five ball rules, the 3-ball card on the table provides the advantage of a quick reference to possible differences should you choose to play 3 ball, and this seems like the logical reason.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
I was wondering if this is true for anyone else...

The score reel(s) for Centigrade 37 are on the right side of the display (The thermometer is on the left). This has the unfortunate side effect of having the score reel(s) partially obscured by the camera controls (and I don't see an option to move either).

I'm using the Mac App Store Version (Version 6.6.0) under OSX 10.12.1

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts