Bug Challenge mode

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Both on PC and on Android:

When trying to start challenge mode the game is crashing.

Can someone test on other platforms?

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Can someone test on other platforms?

*looks at the pile of devices on his desk* Can do!

You happened to post this right as I checked the forums, good timing!

PC (1.55.8 DX9 and DX11): The game entered the challenge as expected.
Android (Beta): I'm not seeing this on either my Google Pixel or Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+.
iOS (Beta): Not seeing this here either.
PSN (PS3, Vita, PS4): Working as of the last time I checked them (just before the last patch for each device).

Either I'm missing a step here or there is something weird happening on your end. Could you get me exact reproduction steps so I can make sure we're doing the same things?

This is what I tried:
1. Opening the game
2. Clicking Challenges
3. Selecting the Season 1 challenge

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I was doing the same:

1. Opening the game
2. Clicking Challenges
3. Selecting any challenge
3a. If there is a challenge in progress, there is message box asking, whether to start a new challenge or continue with the active challenge. Pressing any of these buttons will crash the game 100% in all cases.
3b. if there is no challenge in progress, the game will crash immediately

Both will bring up the message in Windows: PinballArcade11.exe is not working any more (blah blah bla)

Version 1.55.8 DX11
Version 1.55.8 DX9

Windows 10 64bit

On Android it either crashes without any message or I get the closing message "Pinball Arcade stopped" - "Report/OK". I have pressed "Report" and sent the report right now.

Version: 2.05.3_GT-N8000

Android 4.4.2

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I think I found the issue: I play in the German version on all devices. I switched to English language on Steam and it worked then.

Switching back to German the problem occurred again.

There is also some text missing on the buttons of the German version, where you select the challenge (the "In Progress" text is not there).

Last edited:

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
I think I found the issue: I play in the German version on all devices. I switched to English language on Steam and it worked then.

Thanks for the info, I've confirmed this issue on PC and will let the relevant people know about it after I've tested it on some other platforms.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Thanks!

I haven't checked other languages, it might be worth testing.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks!

I haven't checked other languages, it might be worth testing.

We believe that we found the issue, and it should be fixed in the next update. Until then I'm afraid the only work around is to play in English when you want to do challenges :(

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
We believe that we found the issue, and it should be fixed in the next update. Until then I'm afraid the only work around is to play in English when you want to do challenges :(

This may be a different bug but I also have a reliable crash with challenge mode on the PS4 (English).

- start a new challenge
- pick the first table
- when it starts up, exit
- go back into the challenge
- pick either new or continue
- pick the first table
- crash

After relaunching I can continue the challenge, but if I back out and in again it crashes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.