Classic! AMC's The History of Pinball - WATCH!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks goforthewall! Great videos. Interesting to see these guys from Bally/Williams talk about pinball before "the end."

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Found another documentary on Youtube from the late seventies, hosted by a major news anchor (Tom Brokaw, I think) but it was deleted (by the user) before I had a chance to watch it. Should have saved it, but I didn't realize it would be taken down so quick. Anyone else see this (or better yet, saved this)?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I watched Special When Lit last night. I want to see a full documentary on just the pin geek guy or whatever he called himself. The guy selling DVDs of pinball tables in action with the pin wheel hat. That guy was great. I loved the world he lived in!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I'm still in doubt wether the title of that documentary was making reference to pinball, or the characters playing it. Some of them truly were special...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I didn't catch Ball Saved or the one Niceguy posted before it was taken down... anyone willing to upload again? Only rediscovered this thread because I was linking a friend to The History of Pinball which had subsequently been pulled. But, I downloaded them as well so if you need another source with which to provide it, I'm your guy :)

While we're at it, when looking for that doco, I came across this. Part 1 of a news thing (maybe a full doco?) on the rise of pinball parlours in Australia... in 1979!
http://pool.abc.net.au/media/pinball-02

And a small news clipping of some Australian dude about to enter a tournament or something. Haven't watched yet, but could be of interest. At least it's recent/relevant news ;)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-02/pinball-champion-takes-on-the-us/4048914

Last edited:

schizophobe

Jul 12, 2012
Anyone have a download of History of Pinball?

I'd love to have a download to the AMCs History of Pinball if anyone wouldn't mind posting again? I bought the other dvds and find it odd that the copyright infringement is in effect yet not even available to buy anywhere....go figgah.

Anyways, if anyone wouldn't mind hooking me up with AMCs History of Pinball again it would be greatly appreciated!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
If anyone wants to watch the documentaries "Special When Lit" or "Tilt - The Battle To Save Pinball" I can upload them.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I saw Special When Lit and really enjoyed it. A great look at PAPA tournaments for those of us that have never seen it. Some real characters in that movie. Have never seen Tilt, but would love to check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.