Coming soon - The Walking Dead!!!!

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
There's not a lot of storytelling that can be done on a pinball machine. Especially when it comes to TWD. Putting up new characters will just make people say, "Who the heck are these people? What makes this a TWD table? It might as well just be a generic zombie table."

They've got artists over at Zen, I think if you stuck to the aesthetic in either the comics or the games, it would be recognizably TWD. You coulda said the same thing about the Telltale game too before it's release and immense popularity.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I wonder if that DMD they hooked up worked? Or just jury-rigged for E3?

That's a Pincab from VP Cabs. They're a boutique company from Ohio that makes and sells these. It's got a 3 screen setup (play field, back glass, DMD). Zen recently made a patch that allows PC players to move the DMD onto a seperate screen, so this is pretty much how all Zen tables look if you buy one of these cabs

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
They've got artists over at Zen, I think if you stuck to the aesthetic in either the comics or the games, it would be recognizably TWD. You coulda said the same thing about the Telltale game too before it's release and immense popularity.

Yes, but the game continued to tell a story over hours and hours and was able to getaway with calling itself The Walking Dead. They even had a Glen cameo to put it in the
TWD universe. You aren't going to get that much storytelling done on a table. If they went with original characters, they probably would've stuck at least 1 cameo in again to make it fit in. In which case, they did. Their names are Lee and Clementine.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
They have cab support on the Steam version.

That's a Pincab from VP Cabs. They're a boutique company from Ohio that makes and sells these. It's got a 3 screen setup (play field, back glass, DMD). Zen recently made a patch that allows PC players to move the DMD onto a seperate screen, so this is pretty much how all Zen tables look if you buy one of these cabs

Oh wow, really? I'm gonna have to seriously look into building one. I've looked at buying before, the price is bonkers. TPA cab support down the road would make that extra awesome.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I asked a moderator on the Zen forums if this was going to be an individual app like Star Wars and Marvel pinball. She mentioned it was only on the Zen pinball app so I don't think it will be a series of tables like I was hoping.

They might be planning more than one, but maybe only two or three, so doesn't justify its own app. But wait and see.

I was really annoyed there was never a Peggle table made, after making PvZ with Popcap. A perfect fit.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Looks great! Can't wait! Don't be late!

Curious how they got the rights to WD as it is owned by image comics, the second largest competitor to Marvel comics.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Looks great! Can't wait! Don't be late!

Curious how they got the rights to WD as it is owned by image comics, the second largest competitor to Marvel comics.

If comic book companies were fickle like that, we would never have both Marvel and DC LEGO. But no, we have both, and they're part of the same series to boot.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
If comic book companies were fickle like that, we would never have both Marvel and DC LEGO. But no, we have both, and they're part of the same series to boot.
Thats true, but Lego is Lego. Lego holds a monopoly. Thats why more than a 3rd of Toy R Us is all Lego displays. What was Marvel going to do instead? Duplo? :D

In most cases comic companies find their own avenue, like with the Marvel Vs Capcom, and Mortal Kombat vs. DC universe. No they aren't fickle, but they are still competitive.

The deal was through a sub-license with Telltale Games and not directly with Image Comics.
I was thinking more about how Disney would be fine with an Image comic on ZP, since they own the licences to the lions share of ZP tables. But then again Robert Kirkman has worked for Marvel, and perhaps hey'd like him to do so again, or maybe its like Zen owns the rights to make marvel pinball tables regardless of what else they do.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
In most cases comic companies find their own avenue, like with the Marvel Vs Capcom, and Mortal Kombat vs. DC universe. No they aren't fickle, but they are still competitive.
For the longest time, there were rumors (and even phony(?) screenshots) of a DC Vs. Marvel Capcom fighter, but sadly, it (not surprisingly) never materialized, but do you think we'll ever see a DC vs. Marvel crossover on any medium?

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
For the longest time, there were rumors (and even phony(?) screenshots) of a DC Vs. Marvel Capcom fighter, but sadly, it (not surprisingly) never materialized, but do you think we'll ever see a DC vs. Marvel crossover on any medium?

I have seen pics of DC characters vs. Marvel characters online before. I think fans of Capcom created a program called MUGEN that was a fighting game with characters from Mortal Kombat, The Simpsons, DC, Capcom, Marvel etc... I am sure you could download it if you searched MUGEN.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Looks a bit bland in that video, to be honest. Especially the Marvel tables like Fear Itself, Ghost Rider or Thor are incredibly attractive, with strong colors and very creative layouts. This one is a bit too tone-in-tone and kinda generic fan-layout-styled for my taste.

Will probably buy it anyway if it comes to Vita, though - I´ve been buying these ZP2 tables a lot quicker than I planned. I was going to pace myself a bit but I´m buying new tables every couple of days recently :rolleyes:

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Of course i'll pick up TWD but not really psyched about this table.It is another huge license for Zen though, i figure this should sell quite well.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

There have been loads!

Members online

Members online