Crashing after the new update? Click here

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey everyone,

As expected, I've seen that some people are crashing at random places after the newest update with GPS integration. I want to try to address these crashes, but to do so I need as much details as possible. So if your app has crashed after the latest update, please post below with the following information:

- What device are you using?
- Are you connected to the internet? (wifi or 3g / 4g)
- Are you logged into TPA?
- Are you logged into GPS?
- Is Google Play Services on or off?
- Where EXACTLY do you crash? (What button do you hit? What screen did you see last?)
- Any other important info.

I hate to see people's app crashing, so I would like to get this fixed ASAP. Thank you for all your help!

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Hey everyone,

As expected, I've seen that some people are crashing at random places after the newest update with GPS integration. I want to try to address these crashes, but to do so I need as much details as possible. So if your app has crashed after the latest update, please post below with the following information:

- Where EXACTLY do you crash? (What button do you hit? What screen did you see last?)

I hate to see people's app crashing, so I would like to get this fixed ASAP. Thank you for all your help!

TPA froze my phone. The app is unresponsive

1. Played a game.
2. Paused
3. Turned screen off. Idle for a minute
4. Pressed power button, caused game to speed-up (separate issue)
5. Went to home screen
6. Tapped google play button.
7. Rotated screen to lanscape.
(APP normally crashes at GPS screen)

Once, a black box appears at the top, above "previous seasons" main menu. I could not get the phone to function normally. I had to pull the battery.

Device:
Samsung Note 3, Verizon
WiFi ON
GPS ON

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
What device are you using?

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Better yet..

Tap google play button.
Tap through tables Gogar > pinbot etc.
Then rotate device.

App crashes every time.

Good to know! I'll start looking into it now. As for your first post, i'm not sure why that would happen. I know that you should ALWAYS go back to the home screen before hitting the power button on your phone. I've heard some odd behavior with the app when turning off the phone while still in app.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
What device are you using?

Thank you Azatoth, yes please give as much detail as possible.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Tab 3 , KitKat rooted
wifi
yes
satellite location? off
on for crashes
after start when a black screen comes or after a game (Less frequent)
killing the app increases the crash rate to nearly 100%

rebooting the tablet cures everything :)

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Crashing after new update

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Wifi
Logged into TPA
Google Play On
GPS On
Crash occurs right after starting app. Restarting app, runs fine.

Pinball freak

Jan 19, 2015
Galaxy note 2, app dissapered and trying to reinstal it fromnthe playstore, it downloads then when it try's to install it shuts down and my phone does the same , reboots , app is not installanle and i have season 3 purchased and played with for about 1 year, no matter what i do it just wont work/install, is rhis app still compatible with my phone, my phone is up to date on everything..

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Latest version don't work on LG G3 crashing few seconds after start.

Wifi on or off? 4g/3g? how much space available do you have on your phone? have you tried clearing your cache? Clearing all data? Really hard to diagnose a problem like this.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Galaxy note 2, app dissapered and trying to reinstal it fromnthe playstore, it downloads then when it try's to install it shuts down and my phone does the same , reboots , app is not installanle and i have season 3 purchased and played with for about 1 year, no matter what i do it just wont work/install, is rhis app still compatible with my phone, my phone is up to date on everything..

So you can't even open the app? That seems like more of a problem with the device itself or the google play store.

webmonkees

Mar 9, 2012
Updated app, loaded a bit shakey, then tablet started pushing notifications me about GPS achievements from scores. (just once)
installed gps. why not..

cant tell if logged in. 'login' button is active on the last screen before crash (which triggers google apps report/close dialog)

And for the next hour, variations of the same.
Find the ok button under the brunswick thingy, and then will crash at the menu screen.

samsung galaxy ypg70/wifi on
was stored on ext card, moved to device. same results.

update1
poweroff reboot and such while typing this, start program, push OK on whatsnew and menu screen loads, then the image wipes away and /!\ Sorry crash dialog.

update2
Backup, uninstall, reinstall. Instant crash. trying again.
I don't know how google apps updates the download estimation bar, but it seems like it jumps to installation before the download seems through. One time at 9.7 and once at 39.07 of 47.69mb. 81% freezes up, then will jump to install without updating any MB. Wild goose chase..

4th time: removed GPS removed TPA. reinstalled TPA, GPS. load screen starts differently this time, announces GPS is loading. screen is moving rather than frozen.. almost ready to try pushing a button.

If I was to guess, it looks like it's freezing up trying to communicate with GPS after the whatsnew screen and failing. So far..

Look everyone, we have guests!

Not sure how to put that in 'do this and then that', but GPS is the fly in the ointment.

(looks at TAF game finally)

oh my.

worth the trouble.

Well, nearly so. it still crashes every time except for the times it doesn't. If GPS is 'working' it works.

*never have used gps before. I see why.

Last edited:

webmonkees

Mar 9, 2012
After some time cleaning up the sd card, reconfiguring a few things, basically uninstalling Google play services and TPA, it somehow seems to work, mostly. I know when the little gps icon pops up, but now it will occasionally give the crash dialog for google play services, a couple of times right in the middle of the game.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
After some time cleaning up the sd card, reconfiguring a few things, basically uninstalling Google play services and TPA, it somehow seems to work, mostly. I know when the little gps icon pops up, but now it will occasionally give the crash dialog for google play services, a couple of times right in the middle of the game.

Have you tried turning GPS off?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Hi Scumble,

since the last update I had some crashes as well. Today I had 2 of them.

The first was when tapping "My Tables". The second crash, right after that, was without getting even to the title screen.

I had the tablet in portrait mode before launching the App. After 2 crashes I started the game in Landscape mode and it worked. When I was in the table overview I could change to portrait mode without crash.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000)
Google Play on
WiFi on
Android 4.4.2
566 MB free RAM
1.3 GB free memory

Since the integration of GPS it takes very long to start the game.

webmonkees

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks, um.. GPG, Google Play Games, Turning it off: muting doesn't work, it still wants to log in, crash. so..

uninstall: GPG: seems to work better..

once the game is convinced (a few restarts of the app) that there is no longer a GPG. .

First run sans GPG:

TPA lags, freezes at menu screen. music is stuttering (as if) some communication is being attempted and failed.

Game is running, well, more like walking, more like leaning in the corner showing pictures of pinball machines.
Get (finally, about 2 minutes from TPA splash screen) to select menu, and things speed up. music normalizes, games run.
post game: lags right after the game, table select is normal. Choose another table, . Exit table without playing, no lag.
Back to TPA main menu, music is normal speed, no lag...

Progressive restarts without GPG seem to make it work again.

(I for some reason was trying to get it (GPG) to work, sort of did, but those errors drove me nutters. Live and learn.)

OT "What's New" I want an option to only have that dialog come up once per what's new. The bowling ad is on top of the ok button on my player. That kind of marketing, btw, sours me on the product.

webmonkees

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks..

, still crashing consistently, and now focusing on Google Play services, GPG is gone. Not in picture.
Assume all involved programs have been uninstalled and reinstalled at least tence in the last few days.

disabling google play services, i.e. 'turning it off'?

. I can use task manager or uninstall it.

Uninstalling GPS causes TPA to instantly crash on startup.

Using the external timing method of 'wristwatch',

Timeline:
TPA: Will not load without GPs

Install GPS
Wait for it to install.
[0]

Wait 4 minutes for GPS to fully load updates [media]
(4)
Start TPA from launcher.

Wait 3 minutes for communications to complete.
Icon notificaitons appear and close.
And at 3 minutes, what's new screen. Continue on..
Select game.
(7)
Play game for 9 minutes
(16)
Crash of GPs.

Estimated capacity is approximately 32 minutes per hour of error-free playing using this process.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Thanks..

, still crashing consistently, and now focusing on Google Play services, GPG is gone. Not in picture.
Assume all involved programs have been uninstalled and reinstalled at least tence in the last few days.

disabling google play services, i.e. 'turning it off'?

. I can use task manager or uninstall it.

Uninstalling GPS causes TPA to instantly crash on startup.

Using the external timing method of 'wristwatch',

Timeline:
TPA: Will not load without GPs

Install GPS
Wait for it to install.
[0]

Wait 4 minutes for GPS to fully load updates [media]
(4)
Start TPA from launcher.

Wait 3 minutes for communications to complete.
Icon notificaitons appear and close.
And at 3 minutes, what's new screen. Continue on..
Select game.
(7)
Play game for 9 minutes
(16)
Crash of GPs.

Estimated capacity is approximately 32 minutes per hour of error-free playing using this process.

This is really odd. Also, I didn't mean unistall GPS, I just meant turn it off in TPA.

Does the crash happen randomly? Or does something trigger it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.