Bug Current tourney

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
While I do not like the current set up of the tournament with the tables, there is a bug with Scared Stiff. During Monster Multiball, one ball gets stuck in the crate allowing you unlimited shots with one ball. I think this was a bug in the regular table.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Had the same bug during spider mania, one ball got lost and all I could do after draining was to force quit the app. I'm on android btw.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
And I would like to know who is running the percentages on BOPB. In two games I have hit the big wheel 20 some times and the Billion shot has only lit 3 times. We have scores of 8B? Must have hit the big wheel 30 times in that game. Which isn't impossible I guess.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
And I would like to know who is running the percentages on BOPB. In two games I have hit the big wheel 20 some times and the Billion shot has only lit 3 times. We have scores of 8B? Must have hit the big wheel 30 times in that game. Which isn't impossible I guess.

It seems to depend on the game being played. The 8 billion game I put up seemed a little more generous than a few other tries and yeah it was probably around the 30 mark for big wheel awards.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
on my 5 billion game, i had that 5 billion in the first 7 minutes of the game! i thought i was going to blow the lid off the top score but in the ensuing 13 minutes, i spun the big wheel i don't know maybe 20 more times but couldn't get another billion! i was very frustrated.

RagingBull888

Sep 11, 2013
Hence the reason BoPB is such a lousy game for a timed tournament. You can make every shot you are supposed to and the difference between a top score and being further down the pack is a random spin of the wheel.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Hence the reason BoPB is such a lousy game for a timed tournament. You can make every shot you are supposed to and the difference between a top score and being further down the pack is a random spin of the wheel.

+1

In real life tounaments I disable billion completely on my BoP...

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
So I was curious how many big wheel spins I could get in the 20 minutes and with a few missed shots and one rebuild I ended up spinning 41 times and ended up with 8,774,506,260 so that's 8 out of 41 billion shots lol. I agree with you guys that Bride is bad choice for a tournament table.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
So I was curious how many big wheel spins I could get in the 20 minutes and with a few missed shots and one rebuild I ended up spinning 41 times and ended up with 8,774,506,260 so that's 8 out of 41 billion shots lol. I agree with you guys that Bride is bad choice for a tournament table.

At least on a timed table tourney. I finally got 3 Billion awards to pop up in one game, after about 8 times in a row of not coming up, I was getting frustrated for sure.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
At least on a timed table tourney. I finally got 3 Billion awards to pop up in one game, after about 8 times in a row of not coming up, I was getting frustrated for sure.

Yeah I'm glad its timed as I feel sorry for the ps3 guys grinding it out!

Granny

Oct 16, 2013
These are some hard tables. I went off on Black Rose and that is about the only highlight i have so far for the entire tournament. I had the billion shot come up a sixth time recently and choked. I can see where 8 bil can be done, but you have to be playing the right game for that to happen. It's like space shuttle. I can just about tell you which "game" I am playing by which "random" award you "bust" to by accidentally hitting the dang switcher lane.

Granny

Oct 16, 2013
BTW what's the deal with MOO? Obviously he didn't actually get 65 billion-shots in 20 minutes. I've noticed he has been removed from the tournament. How are these people doing this? I wouldn't even know how to begin to cheat, which makes me wonder; are there others who cheat but keep their scores under the radar?

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
BTW what's the deal with MOO? Obviously he didn't actually get 65 billion-shots in 20 minutes. I've noticed he has been removed from the tournament. How are these people doing this? I wouldn't even know how to begin to cheat, which makes me wonder; are there others who cheat but keep their scores under the radar?

Check, FS's FB, for some tpa internet drama. MOO clearly has some issues haha.

karl

May 10, 2012
The timed tournament was a good choice by FS. It would be fun to have a tournament where there is only 4 tables and you have to play them all before restarting (there is always the pause button if you get tired)

That way, it reduces the "start the first ball again and again until you have a killer score" to the first table and you must have a good round on all of the tables for it to matter. Would be a fun challenge.

I also think that 2 weeks or more is to long for a tournament. One week should be plenty

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I agree 2 weeks is too long, however, Farsight needs to do a better job announcing the tourney. I didn't even know about it until 2 or 3 days in.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
what woukd be a good solution? mailing lists? pop up notices via ios? as much as a forum regular as i am sometimes even i miss tournaments

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think just a small notification on the tourney folder in the gui would be good that way you would know as soon as you open the software

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree with you there Superballs. Good suggestion! Nice and simple. Should not be that hard for them to implement something like that either

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
what woukd be a good solution? mailing lists? pop up notices via ios? as much as a forum regular as i am sometimes even i miss tournaments

I think just a small notification on the tourney folder in the gui would be good that way you would know as soon as you open the software

Correct. I thought this was a done deal with the last update, guess not.

Members online

Members online