Custom ION iArcade pinball cabinet!!!

Yoeddy1

Mar 9, 2015
A new toy that I've been working on for a couple of weeks. Bought an ION iCade cabinet on Craigslist for 20 bucks. Since then, I've installed Pinball Arcade on an iPad 2. I wired it up with flipper and nudge buttons on the sides of the cabinet, added a custom plexiglass marquee, Monster Superstar Bluetooth speaker, and white pseudo t-molding.

It's a great little bartop game. My wife and kids love playing it!

Below is video of it in action!

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:

Yoeddy1

Mar 9, 2015
Below are some photos of the cabinet. The third image is an updated marquee that I made:

130_1426892936.jpg

130_1426893005.jpg

130_1426893034.jpg

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:

Yoeddy1

Mar 9, 2015
Not sure. I only see options for iPhone/iPod, iPad, and 8-Bitty in the PA menus.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy1

Mar 9, 2015
So the Bluetooth transmitter PCB bit the dust today and luckily I was able to find an iCade Core on the cheap. The area around the battery holder was completely black and smelled horrible. Anyway, I tore it apart, removed the old PCB and took the PCB out of the iCade Core. Interestingly enough, the boards are different. Same pinout config, but there are a few differences in the layout. Got it all put back together, and the one thing that I was hoping for was fixed! There is a slight lag issue with flipper response the older iCade cabinets, but the Cores evidently have an updated Bluetooth transmitter PCB.

It responds accurately now! Couldn't be happier.

Thanks,
Jason

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts