Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Once I got Visual Pinball running dual monitor with full cab, I stopped playing TPA. Looking forward to picking back up when full cab is implemented. Thanks in advance to the devs.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I'm sure this is close...I just have a sneaky feeling...but I'm probably wrong :) Actually really looking forward to this now I've started my own cab build. Filled it with Pfx games today but a bit wary of filling it with TPA games because I have a feeling cab support games may be additional tables at additional cost so I wouldn't want to have to pay for them twice. I could be totally wrong of course, but I'm guessing that as they would be set up different, they'd have to be designed different, and therefore would be charged differently too. If that's what happens I wouldn't be totally surprised.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
FS did mention before that management ist still undecided if and how the want to charge for it. If won't at least be an upgrade to the pro season passes I will feel ****ed in the arse.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
FS did mention before that management ist still undecided if and how the want to charge for it. If won't at least be an upgrade to the pro season passes I will feel ****ed in the arse.

I guess it comes down to wether you'd have to create two tables for each method of play ie one table for general play and one for cab play. If it's just a tweak like PfX did with their Dmd display, then I could see that being an 'upgrade' for free. But my guess is that they'll have to be 2 separate entities and therefore I have a feeling they'll be different tables, and therefore will be at an extra cost. But on the flip side, if they implement full cab support with all the things that I've recently seen the VP tables do, then I'm sure it'll be worth paying for.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I guess it comes down to wether you'd have to create two tables for each method of play ie one table for general play and one for cab play. If it's just a tweak like PfX did with their Dmd display, then I could see that being an 'upgrade' for free. But my guess is that they'll have to be 2 separate entities and therefore I have a feeling they'll be different tables, and therefore will be at an extra cost. But on the flip side, if they implement full cab support with all the things that I've recently seen the VP tables do, then I'm sure it'll be worth paying for.
Paying for yes, but not full again.
It is definetly not a full redo of tables. They already have the show cab running for a while now.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
And I am not buying any more tables until we see some cab support!

i1N7JOQAoM18e.gif

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
:D
That was such a great triple episode. FS dunno what they can cause with that delay...
I hope we don't have to cryo freeze to finally see this happen.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Hey Farsight...now I know ur not always able to give time frames etc...but (and this is actually a serious question) do you reckon cab support is gonna be with us in 2015 or 2016? I'm making some alterations to my cab soon, and gotta decide in which direction I'm heading. Would make a good Christmas present to myself.....2015 that is, not 2016 :)

poposchmatzer

Dec 24, 2014
Hey Farsight...now I know ur not always able to give time frames etc...but (and this is actually a serious question) do you reckon cab support is gonna be with us in 2015 or 2016? I'm making some alterations to my cab soon, and gotta decide in which direction I'm heading. Would make a good Christmas present to myself.....2015 that is, not 2016 :)

This topic occupied me since 2013 :) Good luck

LucidLight

Jun 1, 2015
What about a kickstarter to add cabinet support?!? I am sure Farsight would raise plenty to pay for the overtime to get this finally done.

Members online

Members online