Did you know you can play mus TPA on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This may not come as a surprise to many folks, but I discovered today that I can use Google Play Music while playing TPA. That is, the GPM app is not stopped when TPA is running.

I was in the process of updating all the table files one by one, and decided it would be less painful with some music running.

What does this mean?

Well, if you like some old-school EM tables with only chimes or electronic blips (Fl2K, Genie, and Big Shot spring to mind), you can now play these tables with the soundtrack provided by The Prodigy or Rudimental (serving suggestion only).

May I suggest the following table/soundtrack combinations:

Big Shot: Smack My ***** Up <-- those who play this table will know what I mean ;)
Genie: Genie In a Bottle
FL2K: Rocket Man

Anyhow, thought I'd mention this for a bit of fun. :D

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, and you can play music in the background of TPA iOS too, which only leaves the PS3 as the one where you can't play your own music while playing TPA.

I asked about them adding this feature to WPHOF on the PS3 and they told me back in '09 they "are working on it", so I have no doubt they will be adding this any day now!

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
On my iPhone 5 it kills any audio apps I've tried. On android yeah I usually rock out to something whilst playing. Love to be able to do it on my iPhone. Just for giggles Ive been picking up old Pro-pinball games for the PS1 and when I play them in my ps3 u can rip the audio tracks. Only The Web has a soundtrack worth listening to IMHO.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
"Mind Heist" goes well with everything. Heck, it can even make SuDuKo seem *epic*.

Tom

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Yeah, and you can play music in the background of TPA iOS too
Really? Must have been in the latest update because i haven't been able to listen to pandora while playing TPA on my iPad. (Last time i checked was the T2 update)

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Really? Must have been in the latest update because i haven't been able to listen to pandora while playing TPA on my iPad. (Last time i checked was the T2 update)
On iOS, background audio only works if the sound option in the app is turned off. I've been debating whether or not to just allow background audio at all times.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
On iOS, background audio only works if the sound option in the app is turned off. I've been debating whether or not to just allow background audio at all times.
Thanks for the replay Stuart.
I've specifically turned the sound option off, when i leave the app and start pandora, the sound option is automatically turned back on when i return to TPA. I'll check this again when i get home and post.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for the replay Stuart.
I've specifically turned the sound option off, when i leave the app and start pandora, the sound option is automatically turned back on when i return to TPA. I'll check this again when i get home and post.
I think the settings don't load properly if you aren't logged into GameCenter.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Stuart, who do we need to send donuts to at FarSight to get background music option for TPA on the PS3?

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Ditto for me with my iPhone. Once disabled as soon as I go back into TPA the sound auto starts. Again if this is a feature I can add or fix that would be awesome.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I think the settings don't load properly if you aren't logged into GameCenter.
I'm fairly certain i'm logged into GameCenter as I'm able to see my achievements and such. Pandora still mutes and TPA sound is automatically restored when i switch back to the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts