DLC Release Date

N

Nik Barbour

I'm wondering if Farsight have annoyed someone at MS when TPA was released in the UK it didn't appear as an advertised game on the Dash the only way of knowing it was there was to check the store..

For such a great product and idea,it is a shame there is apparently no support from MS

until DLC drops i will still be bashing Fear Itself on FX2

New to xbox - sorry if a daft question.
I thought xbox release was done worldwide & simultaneously?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Xbox is worldwide, since Microsoft doesn't have separate game divisions for each region.

Sony and Nintendo have companies for each region. Sony has SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) for north american releases, and SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) for Europe. And SCEJ for Japan/Asia.

From past experience I would say Nintendo matches Microsoft in strictness of submissions. And NOE (Nintendo of Europe) can be even worse.

N

Nik Barbour

Thanks Mike - got confused with people talking about UK & US releases.

Any more news / hints / rumours at all?

(BTW - got xbox last week purely for TPA - made up with initial tables, it's stunning - Thanks)

Chromium Dragon

Jul 11, 2012
For the 360:

Will this DLC contain just the first two tables, or will we be catching up with the other devices that have already got as many as six? If it's only the first couple of tables, when can 360 fans expect the rest of the tables to get released?

If you're stuck to only one achievement per table, can I recommend going with achieving the wizard goals on future tables, which is much more challenging, instead of just a leaderboard top 5 (which is way too easy)?

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
When the DLC comes out we'll get the first three table packs which include the six tables currently released for iOS and Android devices.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
For the 360:

Will this DLC contain just the first two tables, or will we be catching up with the other devices that have already got as many as six? If it's only the first couple of tables, when can 360 fans expect the rest of the tables to get released?

If you're stuck to only one achievement per table, can I recommend going with achieving the wizard goals on future tables, which is much more challenging, instead of just a leaderboard top 5 (which is way too easy)?

Its dlc pack 1 2 and 3 at the same time.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
(BTW - got xbox last week purely for TPA - made up with initial tables, it's stunning - Thanks)

I got tired of waiting for tables to appear on the 360, and decided to buy a PS3 last week... primarily for TPA. That makes TPA the second most expensive console game I've played... the first being xbox's Game Room. :eek:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I got tired of waiting for tables to appear on the 360, and decided to buy a PS3 last week... primarily for TPA. That makes TPA the second most expensive console game I've played... the first being xbox's Game Room. :eek:
I'm hoping MS sees the effect it's policies have.

N

Nik Barbour

I could have saved some money and bought your xbox off you - would you have taken a tenner?

I was buying purely for TPA and had to decide which system, but went with xbox due to ps3 flipper lag issue and European ps3 TPA release dates.
Deciding factor was the xbox controller being so much nicer than sixaxis/dualshock.

You had any lag problems with ps3?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Been having a ton of fun with some xbla exclusives lately. Spelunky, Fez, Shadow complex and looking forward to a great summer of arcade lineup.

I find I prefer the normal retail-exclusives of ps3 (uncharted, God of war 3, ratchett and clank) over microsofts (not much of a shooter, so gears or halo dont do much for me) but I prefer xbox for downloadable exclusives and therefor rather have all my downloadable games (so also crossplatform ones like pacman ce:dx, Walking dead,TPA) on there due to not wanting to juggle different wallets/credits.

Sure, MS is slow and strict as hell, but FS has guilt in this process as well. Its clearly a learning process for them though, so I dont blame them, there's no malintent and I therefor Im patient with them. Not sure what I would do though if I didnt have lag in tpa on my big tv though with the ps3...

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I still use my xbox but I was never expecting to buy a PS3. Now I find that for nearly the same annual fee the PS3 gives me free games... I may not renew gold I'll have to see. I prefer the xbox controller but there's gotta be something out there that is close. I haven't had any flipper lag, it's all just me getting used to the bumpers. The PS3 triggers feel mushy and the left stick seems too far away when I need it. I like the darker color scheme of the tables on the PS3.

points cards all the way- I never give out my cc info.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I was buying purely for TPA and had to decide which system, but went with xbox due to ps3 flipper lag issue and European ps3 TPA release dates.
Deciding factor was the xbox controller being so much nicer than sixaxis/dualshock.

This is another superb reason for going with Xbox 360 for TPA. Eventually we will get all the DLC tables and have them forever and forget that we had to wait a bit longer. And then people will just remember that there is flipper lag and other oddities on the ports that aren't present in the lead SKU.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
it's not that i can't wait for a set date, it's just the constant "it'll be here next week/month" promises, that drag on since may :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.