DLC Release Date

N

Nik Barbour

Maybe after getting their fingers burnt making announcements too soon, they've learned to say nothing and leave it as a nice surprise.
Who knows apart from Farsight & MS.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Maybe after getting their fingers burnt making announcements too soon, they've learned to say nothing and leave it as a nice surprise.
Who knows apart from Farsight & MS.

I don't think FS knows, or else they would tell us. July 17th is the last Tuesday that can be called mid-July, whether you calculate "mid" by tens (11th - 20th), or the middle (around the 15th).
The mid-July figure is based on how long, on average, it takes to go from submission to Marketplace.

N

Nik Barbour

I don't think FS knows, or else they would tell us. July 17th is the last Tuesday that can be called mid-July, whether you calculate "mid" by tens (11th - 20th), or the middle (around the 15th).
The mid-July figure is based on how long, on average, it takes to go from submission to Marketplace.

Aw man - I'm trying to stay positive.
Can't wait to get my hands on FH & BOP.
Played Android version on my dinner break today, but having tried xbox now, it just ain't the same anymore (especially since last texture update started maxing out my GPU).
Must have checked my phone 50 times on tuesday for update news!

Is it really only likely to be a Tuesday release?
(I'm new to the wonderful world of MS)

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Is it really only likely to be a Tuesday release?
(I'm new to the wonderful world of MS)

DLC is, with a few exceptions, released on Tuesdays. It's highly unlikely it will be released on any other day. However, it is the title update that is awaiting approval. The DLC has already been approved, so the title update is all they are waiting on, since the DLC requires the update to run. As far as I know, title updates can be released at any time, so we could receive that at any time.

Now, will Tuesday be the day? I hope so. If it isn't, FS better let us know ahead of time.

N

Nik Barbour

It will be a tuesday for 99,9%, but there are always exceptions.

Thanks for the heads up!

I know it's off topic (sorry Mod's) - but anyone got any tips / info for an MS newbie?

Found the 'Major Nelson' blog this week, and now know about the Tuesday thing.
It was anything like that, which would be good to know.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks for the heads up!

I know it's off topic (sorry Mod's) - but anyone got any tips / info for an MS newbie?

Found the 'Major Nelson' blog this week, and now know about the Tuesday thing.
It was anything like that, which would be good to know.

Tuesday is dlc day and "update xbla day" when deals and discounts end and start
Wednesday is new release day
Friday is occasional new release day for Microsoft studio releases (like dungeon fighter live this coming friday).

Also next week Summer of Arcade starts, with quite a few good games (planning on getting THPS HD, wreckateer, dust and perhaps Deadlight as well).

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Here's a quick rundown of when things are released:

DLC = Tuesdays
Live Arcade Games = Wednesdays
Games On Demand = Fridays. These are either disc games released digitally, or games that have too big a file size to be released on Live.
Title/Content Updates = Any working day at MS. These are generally not announced. You'll know you have one of these when you load up the game and it alerts that there is an update available.

N

Nik Barbour

Thanks guy's!

I don't have to check phone for update news every 10 minutes now.
At least until next Tuesday (and maybe the one after, and maybe the one after.......)

N

Nik Barbour

Forgot about that thread. Everyone on it, expect an invite from me sometime this weekend.

Almost posted my tag before - but (stands up) my name is Nik, and I am not a social gamer.

A few of my mates have xbox, and soon as I got mine last week on the 4th, they pestered me for my tag, then every time I switched on, they tried to make me play Forza4 (not got many games - only bought for TPA really & Gta), I just wanted to play pinball on my own.
I ended up logging in and hiding my online status.
After 2 days of doing that I've since deleted everyone (I know it's bad) - but I don't want to hide anymore!
We're all meeting for beers Saturday afternoon - so I might have a bit of explaining to do.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Almost posted my tag before - but (stands up) my name is Nik, and I am not a social gamer.

A few of my mates have xbox, and soon as I got mine last week on the 4th, they pestered me for my tag, then every time I switched on, they tried to make me play Forza4 (not got many games - only bought for TPA really & Gta), I just wanted to play pinball on my own.
I ended up logging in and hiding my online status.
After 2 days of doing that I've since deleted everyone (I know it's bad) - but I don't want to hide anymore!
We're all meeting for beers Saturday afternoon - so I might have a bit of explaining to do.

I'm not much of a social gamer either, especially since TPA launched. I usually don't even have Gold, except when there's a deal too good to pass up. What I like about TPA though is that it tracks friend's scores, and shows how you are faring against them. Since I have a next to zero chance of topping the leaderboards on any table, at least I can set some more realistic goals. FX 2 has an especially nice tracking system that I wish TPA would look at and rip off. . . I mean, get inspired by.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I'm not a social gamer either, this is the first year I haven't renewed my gold membership and I don't miss it at all. Leaderboards will do fine for me, I just can't believe MS require you to have gold membership to use youtube on the 360!!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm not a social gamer either, this is the first year I haven't renewed my gold membership and I don't miss it at all. Leaderboards will do fine for me, I just can't believe MS require you to have gold membership to use youtube on the 360!!

You also have to have it for Netflix and anything else you might want to do. I suppose it's only a matter of time before it's required for leaderboards as well.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012

Hopefully there won't be a serious Meltdown from 360 users if nothing happens next week. This waiting really keeps you in suspense. (goes back to nail biting)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Hopefully there won't be a serious Meltdown from 360 users if nothing happens next week. This waiting really keeps you in suspense. (goes back to nail biting)

I'm expecting it to be there. If it isn't, I will be pissed. I'll rant and rave and break things, and all that won't make it arrive any sooner, but I'll at least feel like I did something.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.