DLC Release Date

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Just sit back and relax, no use putting (negative) energy into a harassment-campaign. There is plenty of awesome stuff to play in the meanwhile. My top 5 for XBLA ignoring pinball games: Shadow Complex, Iron Brigade, Bastion, Spelunky, Fez.

Tony Hawk HD is out tomorrow as well...so sad Im not around to play that.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Just sit back and relax, no use putting (negative) energy into a harassment-campaign. There is plenty of awesome stuff to play in the meanwhile. My top 5 for XBLA ignoring pinball games: Shadow Complex, Iron Brigade, Bastion, Spelunky, Fez.

Tony Hawk HD is out tomorrow as well...so sad Im not around to play that.
Tony Hawk sucks, and so do the rest of those. There's no use looking at the bright side when there is none. Should have bought a PS3 instead. Then I could be playing Heavy Rain and Last of Us. Now those are games! Won't make that mistake next generation.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Flipper lag says hi.

Trust me, the grass isnt really that much greener on either side of the fence. Finished Heavy Rain in any of those xbla titles completely overshadows it. Sorry but I dont like
games made up completely of quick time events. If you think all of those other titles suck then you have no soul!

@Niceguy, yup and thps hd is a remake of those 2. I spend hours upon hours on Marseille.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Tony Hawk 1 and 2 are the best skateboard games ever created.
They were awesome - back in 1999! The only other skateboarding games released since then were those God-awful "realistic" sims. Can't remember what they were called, but they were hard as hell to perform even simple tricks.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They were awesome - back in 1999! The only other skateboarding games released since then were those God-awful "realistic" sims. Can't remember what they were called, but they were hard as hell to perform even simple tricks.

Skate by EA and I really like them, just because they are more realistic and do require more skill.....but I like the old school THPS as well.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Skate by EA and I really like them, just because they are more realistic and do require more skill.....but I like the old school THPS as well.
Yep, that's the one. Skate. One of those love it or hate it titles. I hated it, but enough loved it to merit two sequels, while Tony Hawk languishes in limbo after two disastrous "skateboard controller" outings.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
It's a fine video gamey assed video game, but it only counts as pinball if you're younger than 30 and never actually played pinball when it was still a thing that existed in the world.

That's the kind of elitist attitude that saddens me to see on this board. Bill Hicks wasn't for everyone. Some people didn't think he was funny. But if someone was to chastise you for your choice in being a fan of Hicks, you'd not be happy, would you ? To each their own is my point. There's no need to be so condescending and unpleasant.

I loved Bill and I love Pinball FX2, even though I'm 46 and have played many real tables back in my youth. The pinball FX tables are just fun to play. Just like I enjoy the Gran Turismo games, but can enjoy a blast on Need For Speed. You want to talk about physics gone awry ? But it doesn't make one better than the other, it's personal preference that can also be a mood thing as well.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
The Pinball Arcade
Unfortunately it's not going to be this week- we just got word the Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug"- if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart- it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. We'll try to argue our way out of it, but unless we succeed we'll have to resubmit it once again. We're sorry for the continue delay- we're more frustrated about it than you are!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
The Pinball Arcade
Unfortunately it's not going to be this week- we just got word the Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug"- if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart- it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. We'll try to argue our way out of it, but unless we succeed we'll have to resubmit it once again. We're sorry for the continue delay- we're more frustrated about it than you are!

where did this info come from?

edit: ah i c, just yanking our chain

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
The Pinball Arcade

Is this official? I'm not jumping to conclusions as I can't check facebook because I'm not on it.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
It's absurd that MS is now testing items that were not tested in the first 1-3 rounds of submissions. Between this and Game Room's easily avoidable death I've just about had enough of xbox. I've already purchased a PS3 just to keep playing TPA, now I may buy upcoming titles (Borderlands 2, etc) for playstation and let my xbox rot.

edit: yeah, that quote above was from TPA replying to a facebook user asking when the f is the DLC going to be available.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.