Do you get angry when the ball drains?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The other day on TZ, after plunging the ball an it goes to the right flipper and from there to the bumper on the left, hitting only the edge or sth., which drains it straight trough the middle. This happened like ten times in a row for me, just couldn't control it and couldn't get a good game going. Wanted to rip out that bumper or hit it with a hammer.

Last edited:

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
when im going for a good score, yes, i throw a temper tantrum. when i lose two balls in a row after having an amazing first ball, i light some candles and start cutting myself.

Red_Chaos1

Sep 28, 2012
Only in 2 situations:
1) I feel I got royally ****ed, like say, multiball starts, and the balls almost immediately drain in some combo of outlanes and down the middle, things that nothing short of lifting the table or sliding it a lot or some other unacceptable measure would counter.
2) I made a rookie mistake.

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
Ohohoho, yes, I do. If I get the Grand Finale going in ToM, or I have four out of the five parts of Multiball Madness, plus trolls, the last one I need, lit at the Merlin Scoop at MM, I generally intentionally tilt the machine.

I do that once in awhile, feels good sometimes. Then I hit restart lol.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It depends on my mood. If I'm playing like c**p I just get frustrated, and I "tilt" the machine a lot (look, wouldn't it be great to have a simulated Slam Tilt?! I'd never do it IRL but on a simulation - kick seven bells out of the laws of physics!! And on Cirqus Voltaire, the "Tilt" quote is great :0) ).

The Extra Ball shot on White Water is my particular bugbear. I know it's an insta-drain shot, but I still try for it anyway, and I still get mad when the ball bounces away down an outlane.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
This happens to me, too. I always get angry or upset whenever I loose a ball. What's even worse for me is when at least two or three balls (multiball) goes down the drain at the same time. That's why we nudge the tables in order to prevent such situations.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
This happens to me, too. I always get angry or upset whenever I loose a ball. What's even worse for me is when at least two or three balls (multiball) goes down the drain at the same time. That's why we nudge the tables in order to prevent such situations.

i had a 5-ball multiball go down the drain on me today all at once on centaur. that Never happens to me; i wasnt even mad, it was pretty awesome, lol. 'what in the actual **** did i just see... o_O'......"bad move, human".... oh shut up, you.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
i had a 5-ball multiball go down the drain on me today all at once on centaur. that Never happens to me; i wasnt even mad, it was pretty awesome, lol. 'what in the actual **** did i just see... o_O'......"bad move, human".... oh shut up, you.

It's even worse when the game makes fun of you ^^

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
The other day on TZ, after plunging the ball an it goes to the right flipper and from there to the bumper on the left, hitting only the edge or sth., which drains it straight trough the middle. This happened like ten times in a row for me, just couldn't control it and couldn't get a good game going. Wanted to rip out that bumper or hit it with a hammer.

It's why I usually don't go for the skillshot. In TPA the ball is very easy to control from the kickout, it's a lot more risky to let it enter play through the bumper area. The real machine is a different story though.

To answer the original question: Yes, I do get angry sometimes, especially when I get a multiball and I get 3 balls drained one right after the other. Another one that makes me angry is the right orbit STDM on Attack from Mars (I hope it is fixed in the PS3 super patch, I live in EU so haven't received the patch yet, it's the first thing I want to test because it's one of my favourite tables!)

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014
It depends on my mood. If I'm playing like c**p I just get frustrated, and I "tilt" the machine a lot (look, wouldn't it be great to have a simulated Slam Tilt?! I'd never do it IRL but on a simulation - kick seven bells out of the laws of physics!! And on Cirqus Voltaire, the "Tilt" quote is great :0) ).

The Extra Ball shot on White Water is my particular bugbear. I know it's an insta-drain shot, but I still try for it anyway, and I still get mad when the ball bounces away down an outlane.

Have you try this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzsqZWhJbs

Never done it but it looks safer (or more safe ?)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Have you try this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzsqZWhJbs

Never done it but it looks safer (or more safe ?)

On WH2O on TPA, there is an easy way to get the extra ball. When the ball is kicked out from the cave, hold up the right flipper. The ball will roll up the inlane 100% of the time, Then nudge right, aiming the ball towards the target. It hits the target really weakly, so leads up to a safe return to the flippers.

This doesn't work all the time, maybe one in three times. But given how often the ball is kicked out from that spot, it's quite an easy way to get it.

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014
On WH2O on TPA, there is an easy way to get the extra ball. When the ball is kicked out from the cave, hold up the right flipper. The ball will roll up the inlane 100% of the time, Then nudge right, aiming the ball towards the target. It hits the target really weakly, so leads up to a safe return to the flippers.

This doesn't work all the time, maybe one in three times. But given how often the ball is kicked out from that spot, it's quite an easy way to get it.

Oh nice one, i'll try that !

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
When you make a poor shot on STTNG and it drains down the evil out lanes. Data tells you 'If you had propelled the ball on the proper trajectory, you would have been rewarded". Makes me want to crawl in the machine and choke Brent Spiner for even recording that voice over.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
When you make a poor shot on STTNG and it drains down the evil out lanes. Data tells you 'If you had propelled the ball on the proper trajectory, you would have been rewarded". Makes me want to crawl in the machine and choke Brent Spiner for even recording that voice over.

:D

Same feeling.

On the same way, when you tilt on CV: "If you don't play nicely, don't play at all!"

- What!? Give me my money back, then! You b******!" XD

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.