Doctor Who Kickstarter

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Out of curiosity, I just checked out the current batch of comments on the kickstarter page...my god, I'd rather read Facebook comments! Here's what I'll never understand about people and the internet; no one knows who you are, so why get so worked up as if anything said will somehow affect you in real life? Is it like this for other non TPA kickstarters too? Can't imagine it is.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Out of curiosity, I just checked out the current batch of comments on the kickstarter page...my god, I'd rather read Facebook comments! Here's what I'll never understand about people and the internet; no one knows who you are, so why get so worked up as if anything said will somehow affect you in real life? Is it like this for other non TPA kickstarters too? Can't imagine it is.
shutyertrap,our forum is fantastic,everyone has a say,you don`t have to agree with what other people say,we are not abusive to each other. our forum is DEMOCRACY at it`s best !!! I really love our forum !!!! :cool:

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
The 2 main enemies of this campaign are Zero Promotion & January. January is a bad time to do anything because everyone is miserable and has no money.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

That's the Web 2.0, with this so-called "social network" vibe. Yay.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

Man no kidding! Maybe kickstarter should try limiting people to 1 messagea day? To me it seems they are blocking the progress of the kickstarter, intentional or not idk.

I too really enjoy the atmosphere on this forum, thank you all :)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Man no kidding! Maybe kickstarter should try limiting people to 1 messagea day? To me it seems they are blocking the progress of the kickstarter, intentional or not idk.

I too really enjoy the atmosphere on this forum, thank you all :)

+1 - It's the only social site I use. I do have a Google+ account, because of Android, but only use that rarely. I am not a Tweeter or Do I have my Face in a Book.

Thanks Gord for providing this Forum and many thanks to all of you fantastic Moderators. Thanks for giving me a space to feel safe in being in a computerized social situation. :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yep, as a somewhat veteran of other pinball forums (pinside, old vpforums.com and current .org to name a few), this one here has by far the best atmosphere. It can be very tiring if there are trolls about....:) So it's also my favorite pinball place to be.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Y So it's also my favorite pinball place to be.

Wish I could replace those words with the words in the "Green Acres" theme song. This is as far as I got.

The Pinball Arcade Forum is the place to be.
Pinball is the life for me.
Tables spreading out so far and wide.
Take your videos games and give me my TPA. :p

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Wish I could replace those words with the words in the "Green Acres" theme song. This is as far as I got.

The Pinball Arcade Forum is the place to be.
Pinball is the life for me.
Tables spreading out so far and wide.
Take your videos games and give me my TPA. :p
Montana Frank,good onya !!! loved it ,made me remember watching Green Acres straight after school !!!!:cool:and to everyone on this forum,thank you very very much !!!:)

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
+1 - It's the only social site I use. I do have a Google+ account, because of Android, but only use that rarely. I am not a Tweeter or Do I have my Face in a Book.

Thanks Gord for providing this Forum and many thanks to all of you fantastic Moderators. Thanks for giving me a space to feel safe in being in a computerized social situation. :)
----
I thank you y'all for all you give to get Dr. Who. Please keep those pebbles pouring in. Don't feed any of the trolls on this.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Wow, $5,000 in 2 days. What happened? Did Farsight break their vow of silence and tell people that their kickstarter was going on?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
When will TAF gold be released to all? Kickstarters made it happen, why hasn't it just been made available to all who own TAF? Until they do something about that and make that right, sorry. Why is that being held back from the people who made it happen? You start a new Kickstarter and yet no mention of that yet? That is bs.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When will TAF gold be released to all?

Why is that being held back from the people who made it happen?

Unless you can get a Twitch gratis code, you probably won't be getting the Gold.

The people who made it happen (gold backers) have technically already got their entitlement, so FarSight is not technically in the wrong there.

I agree it should be made more widely available. Somehow.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
The people who made it happen are everyone who contributed to the Kickstarter. Not just the gold backers. Without the other backers, it would have never happened. Everyone, at least the people who now own TAF. Also, they have a new Kickstarter going and they are holding back on something that was only made available even to THEM by the Kickstarters backing. Release it. Period.

Last edited:

jached

Feb 21, 2015
The people who made it happen are everyone who contributed to the Kickstarter. Not just the gold backers. Without the other backers, it would have never happened. Everyone, at least the people who now own TAF. Also, they have a new Kickstarter going and they are holding back on something that was only made available even to THEM by the Kickstarters backing. Release it. Period.

Gimme $100 and I'll let you borrow my login.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014

I would feel punked as hell if I had shelled out $100 for the Gold version only for them to make it available a year later to anyone. It would totally be unethical in my opinion. There are plenty of ways for Farsight to raise money for this Kickstarter they just have to go after new customers rather than bleeding the existing ones dry.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I already donated $100 to TZ and $100 to STNG. TAF gold was not supposed to be exclusive forever.

"Most real-life pinball tables have an Operator's Menu that lets the operator change table settings (like the number of balls) and get diagnostic information about the table. Since the Pinball Arcade uses ROM-emulation to run the same code as the original table, our Operator's Menu will be identical to the one in real life. We'll have to enforce a rule that scores played on anything other than the default operator settings won't count for leaderboards, though! We have not decided if this feature will be available to purchase later. It seemed like a really cool way to reward our backers."

They did it before. Why not again? That feature is available to all backers now and was from the start even though it was supposed to be a way to "reward our backers" at the beginning.

Last edited:

jached

Feb 21, 2015
I already donated $100 to TZ and $100 to STNG. TAF gold was not supposed to be exclusive forever.

That doesn't make you special. I have, too (and own every table), but I apparently made a choice to throw down the "right" $100 that you (and other ****os) didn't think was a "real" reward that wasn't going to just going to show up in the next season. I don't comment, as is evident, but I respect that TPA has honored what what was presented as a true reward, and relish that your relative apathy has made you bitter. Good luck on the twitch stream.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts