Doctor Who Kickstarter

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Doctor Who News also has a twitter account. I tagged them on the first day along with all the BBC twitter accounts.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I had (many) conversations with Mike Lindsey and Norman Stepansky last night at Arcade Expo 2.0 and made a point of saying people want a more active presence from FarSight with this Kickstarter. I mentioned not just updating on Facebook or Twitter, but on the Kickstart page itself with videos or pics. They said they had some stuff planned, but I hammered the point anyways, that they need to be just as engaged in the Kickstarter as the people helping fund it.

I also suggested a way to get someone like me (who hates kickstarters) to actually contribute. Offer TAF Gold with the table at $15. Since they aren't selling it any time soon it seems, they wouldn't be loosing money by offering it as a reward. Plus at that price, it's not some budget buster but more of an impulse buy. Here's hoping that idea gets traction with Bobby, as he's the one who says yeah or nay to these things.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You da man, taking it straight to The Man. I agree, get all those $7 pledges turned into $15 would be a big win. I still think getting the $20 or $50 pledges converted to $100s is more important. That tier put TAF over the top, and there's no equivalent for Dr Who.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You da man, taking it straight to The Man. I agree, get all those $7 pledges turned into $15 would be a big win. I still think getting the $20 or $50 pledges converted to $100s is more important. That tier put TAF over the top, and there's no equivalent for Dr Who.

True, the higher dollar pledges are what makes the thing succeed. My point is how to get $0 backers like myself into pledging. Under normal circumstances I'd buy TAF Gold for $5, so call it $15 and I get Dr Who too? Weirdly makes sense to me.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Not sure $15 makes much sense. Moving from $7 to $15 doesn't get you much towards the pledge goal.

Currently there's 160 $7 pledgers. And if all 160 happened to move to $150 that's an extra $1,280 - which doesn't do much. Even if you get 100 new $0 backers at that level it's still only $1,500 extra.

You may also get some $15+ pledgers to move down to that tier for the better deal.

The top end pledges is where the real movement needs to be. TAF Gold is unique so they should market it as a unique item. Offer it in the $75+ area. If they continue to say this is one of the few ways to get TAF Gold I think people would bite at $75+ knowing it's a rare chance to own it.

Whatever they do though they gotta add some more options around the higher tiers. I have no reason to move off $50.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't think $15 is enough for Dr Who and TAF Gold. That really won't make a dent in anything. They normally charge $5 per table, so there isn't much really going to pay for licensing. More like $25 or even $50, as this KS is going to need it I fear.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Your right $15 is not enough. We paid $100+ for the gold during the AF Kickstarter. As before I'm sitting back waiting for the upper levels to get more interesting. Others may be doing the same.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I put in my $7. I'm not a Dr Who fan by any means, as I've not seen one single episode, but I can give it a little support. If for no other reason, I just love pinball.

Like SYT said, I might up my pledge if the perks improve.

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Dr Who and pinball are my twin obsessions, so I really hope this makes it... I've submitted a thread on gallifreybase.com, the main web forum for us spods, so hopefully that might get a few more dollars in...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Here's two other ideas for the $100+ tiers that are pretty empty.

- Doctor Who themed UI (for new UI)
- beta access for Stern app

What I would've liked to see, if not at the $100 then at the $250, is TAF gold.

Add that to what you've said, and that would make it an even more tempting deal, and still keep TAF Gold "exclusive."

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What I would've liked to see, if not at the $100 then at the $250, is TAF gold.

Add that to what you've said, and that would make it an even more tempting deal, and still keep TAF Gold "exclusive."

See, this just smacks of a deep pockets attitude. Why can't the little guy ever have nice things too? It's like if suddenly everyone was given a Ferrari, yours suddenly sucks? Only this isn't being given a Ferrari, it's floor mats that came with the upper package Kia model that had the leather seats. You still get to keep the leather, but more people get the floor mats.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
See, this just smacks of a deep pockets attitude. Why can't the little guy ever have nice things too? It's like if suddenly everyone was given a Ferrari, yours suddenly sucks? Only this isn't being given a Ferrari, it's floor mats that came with the upper package Kia model that had the leather seats. You still get to keep the leather, but more people get the floor mats.

With that view why not offer more beta testing slots at $25 or $50 dollars as it really is the true exclusive option; as former $400 perk

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Does anyone know if this would be for PC or not? Just with TPA saying its for consoles and mobile devices...just wondering if PC was included. Couldn't find PC listed...so thought it worth the ask to double check.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
As far as I know, all tables are first designed on a PC and then ported to other platforms. So I fully expect a PC version! Good question to post at the kickstarter page, maybe they forgot to include PC.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Why don't they just give Addams Family Gold away for free for anyone who pledges $5 or more AND sell it to people who didn't even pledge for just a few dollars, like they did for the Pro Menu ($100 tier) on the Twilight Zone Kickstarter. It is the only way to be fair.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Why don't they just give Addams Family Gold away for free for anyone who pledges $5 or more AND sell it to people who didn't even pledge for just a few dollars, like they did for the Pro Menu ($100 tier) on the Twilight Zone Kickstarter. It is the only way to be fair.

Taf gold is free on ps3 :thumbup:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Does anyone know if this would be for PC or not? Just with TPA saying its for consoles and mobile devices...just wondering if PC was included. Couldn't find PC listed...so thought it worth the ask to double check.

"We're targeting a release date of September 2016 for the PC and mobile version, but it's possible this date might slip if we encounter unforeseen problems in dev"..........

From the Kickstarter notes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.