DX11 Public Beta Bugs

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Let's play "find the ball!" It's fun!
Capture_zpsajnxiijh.png

You mean find the light sucking non reflective anti-matter orb?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You mean find the light sucking non reflective anti-matter orb?

Yeah, that's it.

I know FS wants us to test for bugs, but how about actual playtesting. It's not enough to just stamp out bugs. The game also has to be fun. I like the lighting a lot FS, but I'm not enjoying the play value here with the "light sucking non reflective anti-matter orb".

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Ok....I do get it when the lights come up. It almost looks to me like it is the rubber from the flipper reflected in the play field.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
"light sucking non reflective anti-matter orb" is the perfect description.

And to try to use the TAF custom balls is crashing the game for me too.

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
A few times while changing the settings for games, I move the slider to 0, then hit back, and I get the splash screen for Adams Family. I just go back to the main menu, select the game and it works fine, at the slider setting I chose.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, a little light on the ball would be good, as long as it looks realistic.

Thanks Jeff. I agree with this... for the most part.

Remember, this is a game. When it comes to games, if there is the choice between "real" or "fun", ALWAYS choose "fun". By asking for a visible ball, I'm not asking for flying action figures or virtual holes that appear in the middle of the table. I'm just asking to be able to actually see the main point of the game.

I say make the ball visible please, but if it won't be done because it won't look realistic, then that's the wrong choice. If it can't be done because the tech won't allow it, well then there's nothing that can be done about that.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Remember, this is a game. When it comes to games, if there is the choice between "real" or "fun", ALWAYS choose "fun". By asking for a visible ball, I'm not asking for flying action figures or virtual holes that appear in the middle of the table. I'm just asking to be able to actually see the main point of the game.

I say make the ball visible please, but if it won't be done because it won't look realistic, then that's the wrong choice. If it can't be done because the tech won't allow it, well then there's nothing that can be done about that.

It doesn't look very realistic now. Can't be worse.
And with all the arsenal of silly balls we already have, the option to have visible balls shouldn't be very problematic.

Last edited:

Fredrik Lundholm

Oct 4, 2014
Black Night, the play field looks too red and the graphics look extremely low res. Too dark in standard setting, camera angles challenging for upper play field.
In general the sounds seems "better" the plunger more reliable testing a few different pins. Nice progress, thank you. Just waiting for 1920x1200 support.

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
Got a bug here. Could someone test out Flight 2000 and describe to me what they see? I'm seeing weird "streak-like" fading upwards from the flippers. The streaking also changes along with the flipper movements. I'd take a screen shot, but it's not translating well.

I noticed the same thing and it changes with the view. In the top viewpoint it is almost not noticable. Seems like it is some sort of weird glass reflection perhaps.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014

uh ... just turn up the brightness ... to maybe 75% and then you will see the ball just fine. Here's the deal .... if you turn the lights out the ball is in the dark. I'm finding the best setting for me are around 30-40%. Done. DirectX11 brings a completely different lighting experience so play around with it a little bit. I've played real pinball machines in the dark and it can be just as hard to really see the ball. If you can't see the ball, its easy ... just turn up the brightness a bit.

who knows ... maybe farsight will come out with the "black light glow ball" ... Lord knows I'd purchase it and turn brightness to 0% just for fun ...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I can't remember if this was fixed with the DX9 version of the table, but Ripley's/RBION still has an issue where if you have an EB on the third ball, the end game menu appears after that despite having an EB to play. I know it *was* an issue, but don't know if it was meant to be fixed or not.

Oh, and there's no sound on any of the ramps/habitrails on RBION either. Pretty sure there should be.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.