I5 core OC @4.3ghz
16 gb ram corsair
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB vram

Portrait mode
Most tables set at:
- 40% room
- 20% lightbulb

Bugs:
- Champion Pug, anytime you start the fight by shooting the jump rope left circle, it activates the jump rope and fight, the jump rope continues to run
- Addams Family, the lighting is very fuzzy, dmd looks almost blended together, adjusting the lightbulb setting does not seem to make a difference
- Bram Strokers Dracula, the lighting is very fuzzy, dmd looks almost blended together, adjusting the light bulb setting does not seem to make a difference, when you capture the ball it looks like a shadow or double ball on the flippers
- Twilight zone, when you capture the ball it looks like a shadow or double ball on the flippers
- Star trek, when you capture the ball it looks like a shadow or double ball on the flippers
- Starship troopers, the ball goes partially black as it rolls over the digital bug counters in the center of the play field, lighting is very fuzy
- Scared Stiff, it seems that the "music" sound goes out after completing two of the six requirements for scared stiff, it comes back on after completing the third or loosing this ball
- Whitewater, lights for "river" very difficult to see when lite, but other lights on the table are perfect

My personal opinion is that most of the earlier seasons, like 1 and 2, look very good and I have not seem to have found game breaking bugs, but later seasons the table lighting looks very fuzzy/blended.

nromo

Feb 21, 2014
Well I figured this would happen. I enjoyed playing in 3D vision and it was great until DX11. Now everything is rendered at wrong depth. I'm sure this will not get fixed.
Wonderful.

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi

Another vote to please fix Nvidia 3d vision for pinball arcade dx 11 mode. I don't think it was official support or anything - but it did work great and would be amazing in dx11 mode.

Is its possible Farsight? Can you let us know.

Many thanks

Bruno

Apr 30, 2014
I have the newly arrived Nvidia GTX 960 installed tonight, which has replaced my AMD R7770. It has indeed fixed the fps drop in CV and Black Hole. (Approximately doubling the fps from before on those two tables, that are amongst those tables that many of us feel are unoptimized in the DX11 implementation.) In fact I was even able to crank the MSAA to 8 without experiencing lag, something I could not do before on any of the tables under DX11. Even with MSAA=8, I am now still getting 60 FPS in Cirqus V. I was hoping that the new card and drivers would also fix the shimmering/pixelation I saw on the edge of objects (such as the horizontal bars over ramps) when there is screen movement in DX11 version. But it did not fix that, so I wonder if what I have been seeing in that case is the same for everyone. Or, is there some setting I should be changing in the Nvidia Control Panel to help with this, such as an Aliasing setting? (I already have all the TPA DX11 Config settings cranked to their maximum.)

Good to know, I'll get that card eventually, as I'm pretty sure this optimization issue will never get solved. I can already use maximum MSAA and every other graphic settings maxed out without any fps drop with my current AMD R7770, I'm surprised you couldn't with your.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Under DX11, I could go to a max MSAA of 4 (with Quality of 100) on my AMD R7770, without affecting the fps on most of the the tables under DX11. But even with a MSAA of 4, with some tables such as CV and Black Hole it was crawling under DX11 for me. That's resolved for me with the more powerful GTX 960. And by using this very helpful 2013 post: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ia-Cards-Guide?p=113091&viewfull=1#post113091 , it's now helping me with the jaggies on this NVidia card. (Helping a great deal with DX9, but helping some with DX11 as well). (On my AMD Card the following Catalyst Control Center settings would give me a huge improvement with the jaggies under DX9: Anti-Aliasing Mode = Override applications settings; Anti-Aliasing = 12x, Filter=Edge Detect, Anti-Aliasing=Supersampling)

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Under DX11, I could go to a max MSAA of 4 (with Quality of 100) on my AMD R7770, without affecting the fps on most of the the tables under DX11. But even with a MSAA of 4, with some tables such as CV and Black Hole it was crawling under DX11 for me. That's resolved for me with the more powerful GTX 960. And by using this very helpful 2013 post: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ia-Cards-Guide?p=113091&viewfull=1#post113091 , it's now helping me with the jaggies on this NVidia card. (Helping a great deal with DX9, but helping some with DX11 as well). (On my AMD Card the following Catalyst Control Center settings would give me a huge improvement with the jaggies under DX9: Anti-Aliasing Mode = Override applications settings; Anti-Aliasing = 12x, Filter=Edge Detect, Anti-Aliasing=Supersampling)

I'm still experimenting with the Nvidia Inspector settings from that 2013 post. But one setting I did have to change was the value in "Anisotropic filtering mode". So far a value of "Application-controlled" looks a lot better to me than "User-defined / Off", especially while under DX9.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Siren lights on LCA do not work in DX11. Also, will the DMDs on season one tables ever get updated to where they work? Would rather not use HUD ... takes away from simulation experience.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I have the newly arrived Nvidia GTX 960 installed tonight, which has replaced my AMD R7770. It has indeed fixed the fps drop in CV and Black Hole. (Approximately doubling the fps from before on those two tables, that are amongst those tables that many of us feel are unoptimized in the DX11 implementation.) In fact I was even able to crank the MSAA to 8 without experiencing lag, something I could not do before on any of the tables under DX11. Even with MSAA=8, I am now still getting 60 FPS in Cirqus V. I was hoping that the new card and drivers would also fix the shimmering/pixelation I saw on the edge of objects (such as the horizontal bars over ramps) when there is screen movement in DX11 version. But it did not fix that, so I wonder if what I have been seeing in that case is the same for everyone. Or, is there some setting I should be changing in the Nvidia Control Panel to help with this, such as an Aliasing setting? (I already have all the TPA DX11 Config settings cranked to their maximum.)

Having just got a new computer, I'm none too please with having to fork out another $250 just to play DX11 TPA at 50-59 FPS. DX9 will do just fine for me. Bonus: TPA on DX9 is still better than the XBox 360 re-release. OUCH! 2 1/2 years of development has somehow made TPA for the 360 worse for wear.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've mentioned it in the private beta thread, but I'll put it here too.

With Whirlwind, whenever the Quick Multiball is lit, the music cuts out. Also happens for the Mega Door (as Quick Multiball gets lit in there too). Another occurrence is if I have two balls locked and a ball ready to plunge. It's not 100% in that situation, but does happen. Whirlwind displays none of these tendencies in the DX9 build.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's the emulation running in conjunction that hogs up all the processing, or so we've been told. Pinball FX does not have the emulation equation, so can run more efficiently while looking better.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I was gonna say, you know that xbox 360 hardware is 10 years old right? Hey, I did say it! :)

And three years ago, TPA looked and sounded better on this "10 year-old" hardware. I know the 360 can't compete with more powerful current-gen consoles with DX11-type graphics, and looks like it had some washed-out colors. But it sounds worse hand has a much more blurry look after the update spanning nearly three years.

I know this because I tried my existing tables on the 360 before and after the update. Now I just need to fork over an additional $200-$300 for a new graphics card so I can enjoy DX11 on my "3-month-old" hardware that is my computer.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Now I just need to fork over an additional $200-$300 for a new graphics card so I can enjoy DX11 on my "3-month-old" hardware that is my computer.

seriously..if your pc is 3 months old and can't run DX11 you got took bro,unless your talking laptop

I got a GTX 570 4 years ago in 2011 for about 200 to 300bucks then...it runs TPA DX11 like a dream you can get one off ebay for less then 100bucks

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Yeah guys, ya'll gotta be realistic here. Some of the tables suffering serious lag did not have that issue earlier in the beta, it's a bug and it's going to be solved so dumping money into a graphics card is an unwise solution. Don't invest money into new hardware until the beta is completed.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Having just got a new computer, I'm none too please with having to fork out another $250 just to play DX11 TPA at 50-59 FPS. DX9 will do just fine for me. Bonus: TPA on DX9 is still better than the XBox 360 re-release. OUCH! 2 1/2 years of development has somehow made TPA for the 360 worse for wear.

Your new computer isn't DX11 capable? How new is it?

Edit: just saw your other post. 3 months, eh? Sorry to hear it. Hope you didn't pay too much.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah guys, ya'll gotta be realistic here. Some of the tables suffering serious lag did not have that issue earlier in the beta, it's a bug and it's going to be solved so dumping money into a graphics card is an unwise solution. Don't invest money into new hardware until the beta is completed.

That's true about the beta not being completed yet, and I took that into account when I purchased my card. But in my case moving from the older generation AMD R7770 to the new Nvidia GTX 960 was such an overall boost that it was worth it to me regardless. In addition to being able to help with other current games besides TPA, the GTX 960 is DX12 capable for later. Plus it's my birthday coming up, and I didn't need a more modern Kindle Fire that I had guessed that my wife was thinking about surprising me with. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.