DX11 Public Beta Now Available

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE STARTING DX11 VERSION

MOST IMPORTANT: Please BACKUP your save file before running the app. It shouldn't cause any issues, but it's not worth taking chances. To backup your save, copy the Pinball Arcade folder to another location "My Games" C:\Users\your username\My Games\Pinball Arcade

Few things to note:
- When you click play, select the DX11 option to test this build.
- The download patch is large, about 5GB. Currently installation has nearly doubled to 10GB
- Before you run, run the Configuration Utility, there is a new DX11 tab, select your settings there. The old graphics settings are for DX9
- There is no full screen option yet. Just maximize window for now.
- Each table has a brightness slider for ambient light. Its in the Options menu
- To use portrait mode select a back buffer in the configuration utility that is portrait. Like 1080 x 1920.
- The back buffer size does not have to match your monitor. Going higher than your resolution will give you a similar effect of MSAA. However note that any buffer not 1920x1080 or 1080x1920 will result in strangely sized UI, I'm working on a fix for this next week.
- The build mentions JackBot being available. It's not available in this build, so ignore that.
- Report all bugs here http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10001-DX11-Public-Beta-Bugs
- Before reporting a bug look in that thread to see if it's already reported.
- We would prefer not posting public videos of the beta.

Now that you read all that, you are probably wondering how do you get the beta?

Right click Pinball Arcade in the steam client, click on properties, then go to Beta's tab. From the drop down you should see public_beta option. Choose that and it should start downloading the public beta. If it does not download, try restarting steam.

Again: Backup your save. Not responsible for any save file issues if you don't back it up.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
If someone could post that they were able to access the public_beta option and download, that would be helpful. Want to make sure it actually works before I leave for the day.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
FREAKING....AWESOME!

The slider is great.....I can't see any performance issues yet. I tried a couple of tables so far and balls have been pretty short cause I keep looking at the lights....Thanks again Mike for all the effort you put into this!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
FREAKING....AWESOME!

The slider is great.....I can't see any performance issues yet. I tried a couple of tables so far and balls have been pretty short cause I keep looking at the lights....Thanks again Mike for all the effort you put into this!

Can't wait to try this latter

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Oh no - just gone upstairs to bed and have seen it is released. DX11 dilemma. Wifey time or back downstairs to download the game..... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.